47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He could be the worst RB in history and drunkenly crash his car through the front door of a Skyline & unless he kills someone he is still going to play out his final year here.

The people at the top just don't care that much, they're more interested in Good Boy Points and everyone thinking they are nice while they stack more money and think of more excuses to stay $50+ million under the cap every season. Being good at your job or not being a public menace are entirely optional. Just smile a lot and you can retire here, no problem.

He's going to stay because the team doesn't like paying money to guys not on the team.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He's going to stay because the team doesn't like paying money to guys not on the team.

Oh that much is clear, they just flushed an entire season making a bad LT play at RT for no good reason beyond guaranteed money.

I would guess that decision cost them a hell of a lot more than Jonah's $13M which was already spent either way but that's our Bengals.

Our FO would eat a bowl of wax fruit before admitting they made a mistake biting into it in the first place.

12 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If you made me GM, I would bring in both CEH and AJ Dillon for a thunder and lightning combo, then cut Mixon and have Chase Brown as the x factor back.

I could see that.

Dlllon is a very good power back and CEH would add the shifty speed to the attack.

Excellent call....

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Was thinking that it might make sense as a 3headed monster of Perine (should he be released)-Brown-Rookie.  I think Perine would be cheaper and more willing to take a supporting role.

Samaji (past his) Perine now..😎

Like BJ said..AJ Dillon at power back and CEH as the lightning.

• Upvote 2

My only problem with CEH is that he’s never been able to stay healthy. I don’t see how signing up to play with his LSU boys changes that. He’s definitely not someone I would feel comfortable having to count on. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

No thanks on CEH. He's had 4 years to win a job the Chiefs tried to hand to him and he's dropped the ball every season. Also no thanks on AJ Dillon. 

Let's just get a fresh power back in the draft. 

Im not really interested in CEH either. Seems inevitable though. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I suspect we draft a guy to replace Williams. 

We'll likely draft a RB but it's more likely to be for replacing MIxon or Evans. I think Williams will be re-signed. We did it last year and he met expectations for a cheap RB. I don't see some other team swooping in to give him a multi-year deal. So I think he comes back quietly, early in free agency on a 1 year deal near vet min.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We'll likely draft a RB but it's more likely to be for replacing MIxon or Evans. I think Williams will be re-signed. We did it last year and he met expectations for a cheap RB. I don't see some other team swooping in to give him a multi-year deal. So I think he comes back quietly, early in free agency on a 1 year deal near vet min.

I think they actually like his upside but don't give him a chance...it's strange. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Mixon and Evans are both under contract. They never use Evans so he might get replaced. You'll have to wait a year to replace Mixon.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Mixon and Evans are both under contract. They never use Evans so he might get replaced. You'll have to wait a year to replace Mixon.

We agree. With Chase balancing Joe, they actually moved the ball on the ground—when ZT wasn’t taking them out of running. 

They will now have a veteran twosome, and so long as the play calling gives them a chance, they will produce 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

We agree. With Chase balancing Joe, they actually moved the ball on the ground—when ZT wasn’t taking them out of running. 

They will now have a veteran twosome, and so long as the play calling gives them a chance, they will produce 

I think if Burrow can have a healthy training camp the are going to ask him to get under center more, they had already started and he was doing some of it until he hurt the calve. I think it makes a difference in the what the Oline is capable of. None of the guys on the line are good enough to be left on an island and when you have your QB in shotgun they get asked to do that. When your QB is under center it makes all the difference in the world. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

After conversation here I think my plan would be to cut Mixon with the expectation of getting him back and let the market dictate if we do indeed get him back or he moves on and we add a different veteran. 

That may be the fans preference but I think Mikey would put his foot down on that after Mixon agreed to a reduced deal last year. That kind of deal Mikey will not back away from. 

• Upvote 1

Running back is a young man's position. We should cut Mixon for both cap and production reasons, make Brown our lead RB. Re-signing Williams makes sense given his low mileage but we should expect to find our next RB in the draft. If we sign a vet RB, it should be someone with some upside, not very expensive, and on a short deal. In other words if someone with high expectations in free agency gets passed over, then we could offer a 2 year deal at 6 mil per for Swift or Barkley or Jacobs. But I'd prefer to use the money at another position. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That may be the fans preference but I think Mikey would put his foot down on that after Mixon agreed to a reduced deal last year. That kind of deal Mikey will not back away from. 

They put in the roster bonus for a reason. Based on what Dehner has said I think the expectation is that he gets released. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:49 AM, MichaelWeston said:

How would you feel if they named Chase Brown the starter and then backfilled with Williams and a Veteran

If they add a vet I'd suspect he'd be a power back.

AJ Dillon type..

Tony Pollard could work here.hes the best blocking back in the league or close.

I'm fond of JK Dobbins aside from a injuries.

So many backs to choose from they'll get one that fits here.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

They put in the roster bonus for a reason. Based on what Dehner has said I think the expectation is that he gets released. 

Well, if we do release him I would say that would be, to me, a completion of the “changing of the guard” and the end of any influence Mikey has. 

• Upvote 1