Troy Franklin probably warrants some watching now with the new coach hiring. Has versatility playing both boundary and slot which is what I’m sure they’re looking for. ++speed which is what the offensive skill position sets need. 

• Upvote 1

An interesting find in my "Who did my coaches coach before at other places" research. 

Gabe Davis played for Troy Walters at UCF. There isn't a terrible argument to pay Gabe Davis and let Higgins walk and use the savings elsewhere. Davis isn't Higgins but he's an obvious starter. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

An interesting find in my "Who did my coaches coach before at other places" research. 

Gabe Davis played for Troy Walters at UCF. There isn't a terrible argument to pay Gabe Davis and let Higgins walk and use the savings elsewhere. Davis isn't Higgins but he's an obvious starter. 

Higgins will  likely play with the Bengals this year 

He's a great Wideout and they'll need him for the run.

Burrow wants him to win it all .

that means something.

• Upvote 1

I have been pretty foreclosed about Higgins back with a new starter in the slot. But lets say they go the other way. Boyd back and a new starter on the outside. 

Yoshi certainly flashed the most of the rookie WRs. I don't think it's out of line to say he showed he could develop eventually into an impact 2nd WR. However, I wouldn't bet on this year being the year. So you'd have to pair him with an adequate veteran. Who is that?

Josh Reynolds, Noah Brown, DJ Chark, KJ Osborn, Van Jefferson, Peoples-Jones?

Bengals won't let Higgins just walk away. And aren't likely to trade him after a tag either.

We should stay far away from Gabe Davis and let some other team overpay him. 

Assuming we tag Tee, Boyd leaves and Irwin re-signs, we could draft a WR but it doesn't need to be a high priority. If Tee leaves next offseason, then it's a bigger need but every year the draft has good receivers as most colleges run spread offenses now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If it were up to me and he wasn't tagged it would be Justin Madubuike, I just think he's going to be tagged.

I see a “Little Dutch Boy” situation: move resources around for the sake of one need position, and then having to put their fingers in the holes of the leaking dam in the area where they had filled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I see a “Little Dutch Boy” situation: move resources around for the sake of one need position, and then having to put their fingers in the holes of the leaking dam in the area where they had filled. 

Not me. Reader is not on the team right now, I like BJ Hill but he's better in a rotation. We have almost nothing at DT. Having a WR2 that is basically a WR1 is a luxury and it's much easier to get WRs in the draft these days. 

That said unless the trade is for a high 2nd or a 1st I'm not doing it. The value has to be there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Not me. Reader is not on the team right now, I like BJ Hill but he's better in a rotation. We have almost nothing at DT. Having a WR2 that is basically a WR1 is a luxury and it's much easier to get WRs in the draft these days. 

That said unless the trade is for a high 2nd or a 1st I'm not doing it. The value has to be there.

They tag Tee at 21m l and still have a bargain.

Tag in 25 for 24 mil is a good price.

2 yrs. 45 mil..22.5 per

Worth every penny if they can do it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They tag Tee at 21m l and still have a bargain.

Tag in 25 for 24 mil is a good price.

2 yrs. 45 mil..22.5 per

Worth every penny if they can do it 

Minor adjustment: If the tag for Tee for 2024 is $21m, then the tag for Tee for 2025 would be at least $25.2m (20% increase). 

• Upvote 2