Bengals Safeties Coach Jordan Kovacs Discusses Dax Hill's Future: 'I Have High Expectations for Dax'

Hubbard is having (or had?) surgery, IIRC. He's not a great pass rusher and kudos to him for playing through injury, and I'm sure it hampered him. I really expected a better year from Ossai in his second year, and I'm sure the early injury didn't help last year... but he needs a bounceback for sure. And Murphy showed some things as a rookie but he needs to work on consistency for sure. Pass rush will help the back end, no doubt. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Hubbard is having (or had?) surgery, IIRC. He's not a great pass rusher and kudos to him for playing through injury, and I'm sure it hampered him. I really expected a better year from Ossai in his second year, and I'm sure the early injury didn't help last year... but he needs a bounceback for sure. And Murphy showed some things as a rookie but he needs to work on consistency for sure. Pass rush will help the back end, no doubt. 

Ossai is a question mark imo.

Murphy should be better.

Hubbs s a run stopper that can extend plays on his side.

Love the guys play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

Getting some pass rush from the interior would help everyone, the back end, the DEs, the LBs.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Getting some pass rush from the interior would help everyone, the back end, the DEs, the LBs.

Man, I've been saying that - we really miss what Ogunjobi did the SB year - immeasurable when you are getting pressure from the outside AND inside.

Also - we are really pining for Eli Apple? What is happening? Lol

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cat said:

Man, I've been saying that - we really miss what Ogunjobi did the SB year - immeasurable when you are getting pressure from the outside AND inside.

Also - we are really pining for Eli Apple? What is happening? Lol

I think they wanted Zack Carter to be that guy, but he's been a bust so far. They need to get a guy that can do what Ogunjobi did for sure, it is the biggest difference in our D going to shit.

Apple gets too much BS, yes he was toast against Kupp in the SB (and I blame some of that on Lou because as soon as OBJ got hurt they should have moved coverage to double and triple Kupp), but he was also the reason we were in the SB in the first place. The stats dont lie, he was a very solid CB for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, Apple played well for what he was paid. He just likes to run his mouth, which annoys everyone. 

I mean Jamar is getting to that point as far as running his mouth too, if were being honest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I mean Jamar is getting to that point as far as running his mouth too, if were being honest.

That's true. This might not annoy everyone, but it annoys me. Nothing screams louder than a ring. That needs to be the mindset. It's leadership's job to instill the message that being a clown, particularly an obnoxious one, does nothing to help the mission.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, A Rock said:

That's true. This might not annoy everyone, but it annoys me. Nothing screams louder than a ring. That needs to be the mindset. It's leadership's job to instill the message that being a clown, particularly an obnoxious one, does nothing to help the mission.

I loved Chad when he did it but he was always playful with it. Jamar is causing other teams to want to fight him.

• Upvote 1