14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals moved on from Jonah Williams and Orlando Brown Jr. didn't come through as expected, so going for Latham to protect Joe Burrow is smart.

Huh? Was Brown supposed to play RT also? I didn't think he was that bad...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

I hope they would take a look at Fletcher Cox.  I know they are waiting to see how the draft falls before deciding on another Free Agent (probably leaning towards Teair Tart, but I'd rather have Cox, who is still playing at an above league-average level, which is better than all but one of our current DT's).

Why would they look at Cox?

The man retired.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Campbell is way past his prime. He's very tall and was was a very good player in his day. He's also a former NFL Man of the Year. But he doesn't move well these days. 

Not sure he's better than Josh Tupou at this point. 

LOL...That's a clown statement bro...look at his stats from last year...he balled out. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/calais-campbell/4364

Tupou has never had a season with 47 tackles, 7 sacks, a FF..that's a career for him. 

• Like 1

And only 24 of his 712 snaps last year were in the A gap (with 13 of those in 1 game). He had 60 snaps in a B gap and the rest were over or outside a tackle. That's why PFF rates him as an Edge player. We're well stocked there. Signing him wouldn't help us at NT. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2024 at 7:19 PM, sparky151 said:

And only 24 of his 712 snaps last year were in the A gap (with 13 of those in 1 game). He had 60 snaps in a B gap and the rest were over or outside a tackle. That's why PFF rates him as an Edge player. We're well stocked there. Signing him wouldn't help us at NT. 

I'm aware, but he can do it. At this point he's the best option available, it's either him or an unproven rookie. Maybe someone will get cut before the season starts or they will make a trade like they did for Hill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

LT Hill 25 Carter 26 Jackson 28 Davis  
RT Rankins 26 Jenkins 28 Tufele 25 Bell 25 Maxwell 26

This should be an absolute battle for the 5th spot. Carter-Tufele-Bell-Davis and Maxwell all have positives. 

Adding Rankins-Jenkins and Jackson will probably make this unit much better than last year despite the loss of Reader. 

• Upvote 3

I'd guess Jenkins starts at NT with Rankins starting at 3T. Backups would be Jackson behind Jenkins and Hill behind Rankins. 

On passing downs, if we don't put in a DE to rush from inside, then Rankins and Hill would be the interior combo. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd guess Jenkins starts at NT with Rankins starting at 3T. Backups would be Jackson behind Jenkins and Hill behind Rankins. 

On passing downs, if we don't put in a DE to rush from inside, then Rankins and Hill would be the interior combo. 

Many teams don't have a NT at all. I'd be curious to see if we employ that more.