2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

“Although there is value in having experienced depth, Nijman had two opportunities last season to earn the starting snaps outright and failed to do so. It somewhat feels like the writing is on the wall when it comes to his time in Green Bay.

With 13 pressures allowed in only 157 pass-blocking snaps, Nijman ranked 88th out of 135 eligible tackles in PFF’s pass-blocking efficiency metric. He ranked 75th in run-blocking grade. In short, Nijman was far more inconsistent than what the team was hoping for in their fourth-year tackle.”

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/re-sign-or-let-go-and-prediction-packers-free-agent-ot-yosh-nijman/

Always a good reminder to remember why these guys are available. For guys like Moss and Stone it's that they are good but they are backups. For Nijman they don't have a stud. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

To be blunt.

Becton is a lazy fat ass thats never shown the desire to do anything more than collect a paycheck.

Jets are sick of him...

Sounds like a guy ZT & JB would never let in the locker room...

• Like 1

Always been a Rankins fan and this is a nice get, IMO. And at least Cappa won’t have to play against him in a real game. 

It’s not a good look for Zach Carter but let’s face it, he hasn’t been good and there hasn’t been really any inkling that he will be. Maybe having a vet around who has a history of solid play will be the motivation he needs. Not holding out a ton of hope, but you never know. 

While it looks like T wil be the focus in round one next month, I expect that a young DT will definitely be in the mix too. Although with the lack of depth with this year’s crop, they may go there first. 

I think if Murphy and/or Newton are still there @18 I'd pull the trigger rather than hope that Sweat and his excess tonnage are there in the 2nd. I wouldn't scream if they went OT (or Powers-Johnson) in the first but it seems there's more depth at OT.  Regardless I think I'd double dip at OT and maybe grab an interior lineman also depending on how free agency pans out.

5 hours ago, gupps said:

I think if Murphy and/or Newton are still there @18 I'd pull the trigger rather than hope that Sweat and his excess tonnage are there in the 2nd. I wouldn't scream if they went OT (or Powers-Johnson) in the first but it seems there's more depth at OT.  Regardless I think I'd double dip at OT and maybe grab an interior lineman also depending on how free agency pans out.

I wouldn't mind them getting Murphy or Newton in round 1 as well.  I would be very surprised if Sweat is around for the Bengals at their 2nd round pick as I think he will go late 1st early 2nd.  They then grab multiple OT and interior linemen with their other picks.