Bengals' Justin Rascati believes the offense runs through the OL

25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We also need a succession plan at center. Are they going to re-sign Karras and break their rules about 3rd contracts and players over 30? If not, we should try to find someone soon. Trey Hill ain't it. Neither is Max Scharping. 

RT and LG have to be addressed.

Karras could get a year extension

if they're good with him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Jackson Powers Johnson might be the Karras replacement. 

Ted is only 30 and probably has 3-4 good years left in the tank. He's a locker room leader and captain, so I see them extending him before finding his replacement. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Ted is only 30 and probably has 3-4 good years left in the tank. He's a locker room leader and captain, so I see them extending him before finding his replacement. 

I'm not opposed to extending him, but would only do it for 2 MAYBE 3 years, no more.

Gives us time to get a RT, DT, WR, RB, TE, and a G. In the next two years.

• Upvote 1

They so rarely do third contracts. The only guys in recent memory I can think of that got the third contracts were Trey/Geno/Carlos/Whit. You basically have to be playing at an all-pro caliber to even get them to do a third contract. 

Even then Ted is undersized for what they’re trying to build with the gap scheme. JPJ would fit the mold of drafting a year ahead to replace expiring contracts and would be a great fit in gap scheme. I’d expect a center with guard capability at some point in the draft.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Mike Webster played until he was 38 and was a Pro Bowler at 35. Bruce Kozerski was 33, still highly effective, and could have played longer if he chose. 

As you say, big-time leader, captain, also still highly effective. 30 is no magic number, and you don’t toss out this level of player/leader for some project simply because the clock goes past a date. 

If any team should be nervous about finding quality centers in the past decade+ it is the Bengals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Id still sign Karras to for a year or two more and stick him at LG.

Win win. 

He was a guard in NE also, so not that big of a switch. 

The Bengals have usually tried to squeeze guards into centers, with wildly varying mileage results. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Yes and I believe the Blackburn women will.

He's an incredible person and his play deems another contract..

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JC said:

They so rarely do third contracts. The only guys in recent memory I can think of that got the third contracts were Trey/Geno/Carlos/Whit. You basically have to be playing at an all-pro caliber to even get them to do a third contract. 

Even then Ted is undersized for what they’re trying to build with the gap scheme. JPJ would fit the mold of drafting a year ahead to replace expiring contracts and would be a great fit in gap scheme. I’d expect a center with guard capability at some point in the draft.

Agree but it won't be JPG .

The Inbreds like him and he fits their mold

Karras gives them stability at center and for that.

Id assume the Blackburn women will re-sign him.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Mike Webster played until he was 38 and was a Pro Bowler at 35. Bruce Kozerski was 33, still highly effective, and could have played longer if he chose. 

As you say, big-time leader, captain, also still highly effective. 30 is no magic number, and you don’t toss out this level of player/leader for some project simply because the clock goes past a date. 

If any team should be nervous about finding quality centers in the past decade+ it is the Bengals. 

Good points...All

It doesn't go unnoticed to the Blackburn Women.

You know it.

• Upvote 2