Trey Hendrickson requests a trade !

Just now, BlackJesus said:

Now he's threatening Retirement😵‍💫

Fuck off! 

IMG_20240425_004243.jpg

Shit, BJ…you can’t see between the lines that this didn’t come out of nowhere—that it comes from an obvious longer- term issue of back room talks crashing? 

Just now, Le Tigre said:

No not “whatever”. Go back to the ‘90’s and see the garbage they pulled on players. Then tell me “whatever”

This isn't the 90s anymore..

Jeez talk about stuck in the muck 

When has Katy done anything sleazy as you say ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Shit, BJ…you can’t see between the lines that this didn’t come out of nowhere—that it comes from an obvious longer- term issue of back room talks crashing? 

Nobody has said anything about the Bengals going back on a verbal deal, including Trey. 

He signed an extension and then had a career year so thinks it should get him another raise. But the team can't give every player a yearly raise who outperforms their contract, especially with a salary cap. 

He made the wrong bet on himself by accepting too little and now wants a mulligan. Tough shit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Pure speculation on your part.

Maybe he's just a greedy sob.

I would genuinely like to see a link to some sort of source or report that last years deal was intimated as a bridge to a long term deal because I haven't seen that anywhere. From what I see, he was coming off a bit of a down year with only 8 sacks, the FO gave him a $15M extension which is more than generous for that type of year, and he's mad that he signed it after now having a career year. What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I would genuinely like to see a link to some sort of source or report that last years deal was intimated as a bridge to a long term deal because I haven't seen that anywhere. From what I see, he was coming off a bit of a down year with only 8 sacks, the FO gave him a $15M extension which is more than generous for that type of year, and he's mad that he signed it after now having a career year. What am I missing?

Spot on

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Nobody has said anything about the Bengals going back on a verbal deal, including Trey. 

He signed an extension and then had a career year so thinks it should get him another raise. But the team can't give every player a yearly raise who outperforms their contract, especially with a salary cap. 

He made the wrong bet on himself by accepting too little and now wants a mulligan. Tough shit. 

I will predict that, once some sports “journalists” dig into the background, that it will be revealed that there were discussions regarding a real multi year deal, but then they dropped off or discontinued. You never see this out-of-the-blue pronouncement without something having occurred previously. 

Mark these words 

If Trey says he will retire rather than play for 15 million this season, I hope the Bengals call his bluff

Thankfully Mike Brown is exactly the right guy for that game of chicken. Especially as this is bigger than one player and goes to the foundation of all the team's contracts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I will predict that, once some sports “journalists” dig into the background, that it will be revealed that there were discussions regarding a real multi year deal, but then they dropped off or discontinued. You never see this out-of-the-blue pronouncement without something having occurred previously. 

Mark these words 

That would be a huge story that an agent would run to a reporter with. Why would it take a journalist digging in to find that?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

I will predict that, once some sports “journalists” dig into the background, that it will be revealed that there were discussions regarding a real multi year deal, but then they dropped off or discontinued.

There's nothing stopping Trey's agent from leading with that headline right now, if that indeed were the case. It would certainly help his client's standing in the public eye, since right now most Bengals fans on twitter are turning on him fast. 

The Bengals made a bet on him with a reasonable 4 year deal that he would blossom into a star. He then did. End of story. They don't need to now bet against themselves and erase their leverage for making the right gamble.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jackie Treehorn said:

That would be a huge story that an agent would run to a reporter with. Why would it take a journalist digging in to find that?

Because it’s called contractural non-disclosure. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

The Bengals haven't said anything. What are you talking about?

Neither has his agent or Trey. Neither side can divulge specifics of contractural negotiations until such time that either side signs off. 

I do this stuff all the time.