Trey Hendrickson requests a trade !

15 minutes ago, BBR said:

I expect the Bengals to start with 2 away games - Stealers should be up for game 1 (Browns & Ravens last 2 years) and someone like the Panthers.  So, no I think we'll have to winnable games to start off the season.  Plus it's not like everyone else on the team won't be practicing and I don't think Higgins or Hendrickson are going to just sit on the couch all summer eating chips ans salsa non-stop.  I'd expect both of them to come in ready to go.

The Reds schedule is usually a good barometer of what the start of the season will look like for the Bengals since they don't schedule home games that coincide with Reds home games at the same time.  Reds are on the road Week 1 & 2 and home for Week 3.

So there is a solid chance that the Bengals will start with two home games and potentially 3 of the first 4 at home.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sois said:

He could hold out for 10 games or whatever guys used to do then play the last six to get the vested year

He won't hold out that long. The fines for the 10 games missed and the lack of pay for them would exceed what he makes in the 7 games played. In effect, he'd be playing for free. 

If he files retirement paperwork, he can unretire any time. But the club retains his rights while he's retired. Some guy in his 50s finally filed his retirement paperwork a few months ago, probably because he was getting ready to claim his pension. 

If Trey did retire, the team would be entitled to repayment of his prorated signing bonus for the years he's not playing. So he'd have to write a multi-million dollar check to the team at a time when he wants the money to flow the other way. So the threat of retirement isn't very serious. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 2:02 PM, Jamie_B said:

Same. So if he and Tee hold out till the season starts do we think it prevents us from getting a fast start?

if they are not going to play the starters in the preseason, as usual , what fast start? and hell even if they report , what are they going to miss. ?

• Like 1

I kind of expected that.  This front office doesn't seem to multi-task with the big contracts.  Wasn't sure if it would Chase, Higgins, or Trey but figured they'd address all three of them 1 by 1 over the summer.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:15 PM, BBR said:

I expect the Bengals to start with 2 away games - Stealers should be up for game 1 (Browns & Ravens last 2 years) and someone like the Panthers.  So, no I think we'll have to winnable games to start off the season.  Plus it's not like everyone else on the team won't be practicing and I don't think Higgins or Hendrickson are going to just sit on the couch all summer eating chips ans salsa non-stop.  I'd expect both of them to come in ready to go.

Although 8 of 16 openers last year were intra-division games, that was unusual. It's usually a minority of the matchups. The Bengals have faced division opponents Pittsburgh and Cleveland in Week 1 the past two seasons, though.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:33 PM, Dautcom08 said:

The Reds schedule is usually a good barometer of what the start of the season will look like for the Bengals since they don't schedule home games that coincide with Reds home games at the same time.  Reds are on the road Week 1 & 2 and home for Week 3.

So there is a solid chance that the Bengals will start with two home games and potentially 3 of the first 4 at home.

I hope they open with Washington or some shit, because you know they won't be ready to play until Week 3.

17 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Tee cannot be fined as he's not under contract until he signs the Franchise Tender.

Good point. If he follows the Jessie Bates example (they have the same agent), he'd come in with a week or two of preseason left and skip most of camp. He knows the offense so it's not that big a deal, just a matter of giving him some time to get in football shape before game 1. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Although 8 of 16 openers last year were intra-division games, that was unusual. It's usually a minority of the matchups. The Bengals have faced division opponents Pittsburgh and Cleveland in Week 1 the past two seasons, though.

I hope they open with Washington or some shit, because you know they won't be ready to play until Week 3.

I don't know that..

If all goes as planned they should be ready to roll game 1.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Good point. If he follows the Jessie Bates example (they have the same agent), he'd come in with a week or two of preseason left and skip most of camp. He knows the offense so it's not that big a deal, just a matter of giving him some time to get in football shape before game 1. 

Do you anticipate that Pilcher is going to change the offense that much? If so, then Tee isn’t going to know it as well as you think if he skips most of camp.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Hopefully. It's the "all goes as planned" part that has escaped them in recent years, thus my cynicism. The 0-2 starts make me grumpy.

I have faith in a great start if the Chosen One stays healthy.

I believe he will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Do you anticipate that Pilcher is going to change the offense that much? If so, then Tee isn’t going to know it as well as you think if he skips most of camp.

I doubt Pitcher changes the scheme much. It's basically Taylor's scheme anyway. I'd like to see some changes in the playcalling but haven't seen anything about Zac giving that up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I doubt Pitcher changes the scheme much. It's basically Taylor's scheme anyway. I'd like to see some changes in the playcalling but haven't seen anything about Zac giving that up. 

86 the "wide zone scheme" in favor of something their OL can execute consistently.  Half the time it looks more like a wide gap scheme - guys running free while try to decide who to block. Enough of them shuffling their feet playing pattycake with their own shadows. Hell, enough of these coaches who think they possess some unique & arcane knowledge no one else could possibly understand. That's great when your group isn't consistently one of the worst in the NFL. Put away the chessboard and pick up a hammer. Get a goddam hat on' em, as coach used to say. Better the wrong guy than nobody.

Who knows, maybe Pitcher can come up with something any decent RB can pick up 2-3 yards behind. Supposed to be his thing, right? 

High hopes, but 'tis the season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

A head coach has a ton of responsibilities managing an entire team. My understanding is that Callahan was the primary person who designed the offense scheme. Callahan was the one who put in the formations, the plays, even the protections. He was the one who decided years ago to build the offense around 3 WR/1 TE sets, which Burrow seemed to favor. For a couple of years I believe the Bengals led the NFL in most 11 Personnel sets. If you listen to Callahan on podcasts, he really leaned into that personnel grouping. 

After Callahan took the Titans job and Pitcher became the new OC, the next thing that happened was Drew Sample signing a 3 year contract. That seemed off to some fans, but if you listen to Dan Pitcher he certainly sounds like am OC that is planning to lean into Personnel 12 far more than Callahan did. Part of it is his belief that it will help protect Burrow's health better than 3 WR looks all the time. He also seems to believe if Burrow gets another fraction of second to throw it will lead to more big chunk plays down the field. It's one of the reasons they decided to move on from a pure slot receiver like Boyd in favor of a slot TE like Gesicki. It's the reason that James Casey was tasked to finding a mid-round TE to draft that had real versatility; that if he was on the field it wouldn't necessarily signal pass ir run.

Pitcher also seems to be stressing a more position-less offense. I think he prefers Moss over Mixon because he's a better pass protector. He wants to increase the usage of Chase Brown, hoping that an extra blocker might help create a crease that could lead to a big chunk play. They wanted Burton because of the belief that he has the tools to play both inside/outside, as well as take the top off the defense. 

I think these personnel changes seem to be more Dan Pitcher than Zac Taylor.

• Upvote 2

Can we make burrow hold out till regular season? I don’t want him working on body fat percentage or I ran 22 mph. Just make sure you can throw like before chill drink Gatorade. 

in game, count to two throw it away. No more superman plays, please. Stay healthy avoid injury, we need you.

31 minutes ago, dex said:

A head coach has a ton of responsibilities managing an entire team. My understanding is that Callahan was the primary person who designed the offense scheme. Callahan was the one who put in the formations, the plays, even the protections. He was the one who decided years ago to build the offense around 3 WR/1 TE sets, which Burrow seemed to favor. For a couple of years I believe the Bengals led the NFL in most 11 Personnel sets. If you listen to Callahan on podcasts, he really leaned into that personnel grouping. 

After Callahan took the Titans job and Pitcher became the new OC, the next thing that happened was Drew Sample signing a 3 year contract. That seemed off to some fans, but if you listen to Dan Pitcher he certainly sounds like am OC that is planning to lean into Personnel 12 far more than Callahan did. Part of it is his belief that it will help protect Burrow's health better than 3 WR looks all the time. He also seems to believe if Burrow gets another fraction of second to throw it will lead to more big chunk plays down the field. It's one of the reasons they decided to move on from a pure slot receiver like Boyd in favor of a slot TE like Gesicki. It's the reason that James Casey was tasked to finding a mid-round TE to draft that had real versatility; that if he was on the field it wouldn't necessarily signal pass ir run.

Pitcher also seems to be stressing a more position-less offense. I think he prefers Moss over Mixon because he's a better pass protector. He wants to increase the usage of Chase Brown, hoping that an extra blocker might help create a crease that could lead to a big chunk play. They wanted Burton because of the belief that he has the tools to play both inside/outside, as well as take the top off the defense. 

I think these personnel changes seem to be more Dan Pitcher than Zac Taylor.

Well, Callahan designed the offense that Taylor wanted. It's based on McVay's schemes. Replacing Boyd with Sample will improve the protection but isn't going to make it more explosive. It simplifies things for the defense. 

11 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Can we make burrow hold out till regular season? I don’t want him working on body fat percentage or I ran 22 mph. Just make sure you can throw like before chill drink Gatorade. 

in game, count to two throw it away. No more superman plays, please. Stay healthy avoid injury, we need you.

Burrow isn't going to play much in preseason. Maybe not even a snap, but I'd try to get him a series.