Our Offensive Line is HUGE & FAST! (and many!)

What an incredible draft! I can see us lining up seven on the offensive line and just run it down the AFCN throats. We have so many excellent players to rotate in, we will destroy the defensives in the AFCN. They will be dead tired by the second half of the second quarter. Hill could run for 1,500 to 2,000 yards. Andy will only have to throw ten yard passes. I cannot wait to play the stealers in Pittsburg. They will have their noses bloody and crying to the refs. 

I think it is too late for the AFCN teams to do anything about it. It's smash mouth football in the AFCN. 

Its usually the team with the better Defense. By the way, how does having 2 rookie tackles on the bench equate to a better running game this year?

you make the assumption they'll be on the bench.

Alexander pointed out Thursday night that backup OL took over a combined 1000 snaps last season.  That's a full starter's season worth of snaps, and Fisher and Ogbuehi will be the first two off the bench whether its injuries, lining up as a TE, a jumbo line, etc...

One more play of smash mouth football and Seattle would have won the super bowl.

Yeah, it had nothing to do with having the #1 defense in football and the 2 ints on Brady. Lynch barely broke 4 yards a carry in that game.

Alexander pointed out Thursday night that backup OL took over a combined 1000 snaps last season.  That's a full starter's season worth of snaps, and Fisher and Ogbuehi will be the first two off the bench whether its injuries, lining up as a TE, a jumbo line, etc...

Yeah, biggest mistake going around here post draft is to think anything other than Hue Jackson made it his mission to UPGRADE the OLine.  

He was plain spoken post draft that our OLine play was not good enough, didn't have enough attitude and physicality in the run game, and most egregiously, did protect the QB.  

Create real holes and give Andy more than 2.2 seconds to throw and we just might win it all.

Of course, our Defense needs work, smh...

So what. You are pretending these rookies are better than the guys they will fill in for. The only change to our 15th ranked STARTING lineup I can see is at tight end. Depth is nice but it does not mean BETTER.

Whit and Andre are pretty good tackles, these guys need to be better than good.

So what. You are pretending these rookies are better than the guys they will fill in for. The only change to our 15th ranked STARTING lineup I can see is at tight end. Depth is nice but it does not mean BETTER.

Whit and Andre are straw men, bookends on a line that hasn't given Andy Dalton more than 2.2 seconds since he's been here. 

The 2 new tackles are both more athletic than physical. Their strengths are pass blocking (though Ogbuehi gave up a bunch of sacks and Fisher had a bunch of holding calls) rather than run blocking. Our current tackles are both much better run blockers than the new guys so it seems to presage a move to less of a running game down the road.

I'm not sure I have to dig too far to think 2 first round rookies are better than Eric Winston, TJ Johnson and Tanner Hawkinson...

The 2 new tackles are both more athletic than physical. Their strengths are pass blocking (though Ogbuehi gave up a bunch of sacks and Fisher had a bunch of holding calls) rather than run blocking. Our current tackles are both much better run blockers than the new guys so it seems to presage a move to less of a running game down the road.

both are excellent pullers though.

Bengals now have 5 very good pullers in the run game in Whit, Boling, Zeitler, Fisher and Ogbuehi.

Again, moving more towards an athletic scheme than a power scheme.

And if you go back and watch what Hue was doing in Oakland, or even in the first few weeks here last season (I have no idea why it disappeared), he's all about every type of screen imaginable.  One of my greatest criticisms of our O-Line was that they were very weak in the screen game from both a timing being able to pick up defenders in space perspective.

Archived