Bengals interested in Lavar Arrington!

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='232987' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:13 PM'][quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='232936' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:58 AM']
[quote name='fredtoast' post='232926' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:47 AM']
Why is evryone so excited about getting Arrington. The guy is nothing but a trouble maker, and he hasn't done much of anything on the field lately. He has only played in 15 games over the last two seasons and has a grand total of fifty tackles and ONE sack.

He is maybe the most over hyped player in the entire league.[/quote]

Well considering that Marvin is the one driving this I believe that is part of the reason. Under Lewis coaching Arrington had 90+tackles and 11 sacks, that is also a reason why people are getting excited. Don't you think Arrington would help the defense, bring some swagger and big play ability?
[/quote]

He also described Lavar as being the most undisciplined player he's ever coached. Frankly I dont know what to think about this. Is it a ruse by the Arrington camp to get more money elsewhere? Is it legit? If so, which I'd be supprised, what happens to Pollack who was drafted to fit this role? Does he go back to DE? I'd be supprised by that as well. Does Simmons get let go or put into rotation?

Ill be very supprised if this happens.
[/quote]

Maybe Marvin was showing tough love to Arrington, he obviously thinks highly of him. Bottomline is Arrington was highly productive while Marv was the coach, both guys realize this and they need each other. We need another playmaker and Arrington needs to be in a situation were the coaching staff believes in him. For the right price I hope we get Arrington and make this thing happen.

Arrington isn't over-rated, he's one of the best defensive players in the league. He is a one of a handful of guys that have to be accounted for on every play, if used properly. While Marvin was the DC in Wash, he put Arrington in good situations, 90+ tackles and 11 sacks is a great season.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='233016' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:48 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='232987' date='Mar 16 2006, 12:13 PM']
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='232936' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:58 AM']
[quote name='fredtoast' post='232926' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:47 AM']
Why is evryone so excited about getting Arrington. The guy is nothing but a trouble maker, and he hasn't done much of anything on the field lately. He has only played in 15 games over the last two seasons and has a grand total of fifty tackles and ONE sack.

He is maybe the most over hyped player in the entire league.[/quote]

Well considering that Marvin is the one driving this I believe that is part of the reason. Under Lewis coaching Arrington had 90+tackles and 11 sacks, that is also a reason why people are getting excited. Don't you think Arrington would help the defense, bring some swagger and big play ability?
[/quote]

He also described Lavar as being the most undisciplined player he's ever coached. Frankly I dont know what to think about this. Is it a ruse by the Arrington camp to get more money elsewhere? Is it legit? If so, which I'd be supprised, what happens to Pollack who was drafted to fit this role? Does he go back to DE? I'd be supprised by that as well. Does Simmons get let go or put into rotation?

Ill be very supprised if this happens.
[/quote]

Maybe Marvin was showing tough love to Arrington, he obviously thinks highly of him. Bottomline is Arrington was highly productive while Marv was the coach, both guys realize this and they need each other. We need another playmaker and Arrington needs to be in a situation were the coaching staff believes in him. For the right price I hope we get Arrington and make this thing happen.

Arrington isn't over-rated, he's one of the best defensive players in the league. He is a one of a handful of guys that have to be accounted for on every play, if used properly. While Marvin was the DC in Wash, he put Arrington in good situations, 90+ tackles and 11 sacks is a great season.
[/quote]

Not saying that he is overrated, but that undisiplined comment strikes me as odd that we'd consider him. Perhaps it was his youth, perhaps he's changed in that reguard, but he was benched this year and that wasnt completly due to his injury status. Im just saying we drafted Pollack to do what Arrington does/did with Marvin....so I'd be supprised because of that too.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='JC' post='233111' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:05 PM']Offensive line>>>>>>> LaVar

But if we do choose to sign him.. -_- I really hope we dont take adams.[/quote]

All that great offensive line got us was one and done in the playoffs last season, and a QB who hopefully will be 90% healthy again at some point.

Wouldn't you think it's time to try something else?

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233132' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:23 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233111' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:05 PM']
Offensive line>>>>>>> LaVar

All that great offensive line got us was one and done in the playoffs last season, and a QB who hopefully will be 90% healthy again at some point.

[/quote]

Agreed. We need defense. We have young guys waiting in the wings who could start at any position on the o-line if need be. If we don't resign a few of our guys, then too bad.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233132' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:23 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233111' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:05 PM']

[/quote]
Or we could lose carsons blindside and let Carson get drilled more often then he is and risk a career ender? Better safe then sorry. Arrington is a great player, but im confident with simmons, if we cut simmons cool lets grab Lavar, for way more then he is worth.

But that same offensive line blocked for a 1,500 rusher

Gives Carson time to throw for 4,000 yards and 35 touchdowns, and keeps us in games. We just had sorry ass coverage and a mediocre line that will be upgraded in the draft compared to paying a guy 1-2 million more dollars a year, then he is really worth.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='JC' post='233142' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:39 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233132' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:23 PM']
[quote name='JC' post='233111' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:05 PM']

[/quote]
Or we could lose carsons blindside and let Carson get drilled more often then he is and risk a career ender? Better safe then sorry. Arrington is a great player, but im confident with simmons, if we cut simmons cool lets grab Lavar, for way more then he is worth.

Gives Carson time to throw for 4,000 yards and 35 touchdowns, and keeps us in games. We just had sorry ass coverage and a mediocre line that will be upgraded in the draft compared to paying a guy 1-2 million more dollars a year, then he is really worth.
[/quote]

Since when was $11 million of cap room not enough to do 3 blockbuster deals? Especially knowing for 100% fact that the cap is guaranteed to jump another $7 million next season.

Doesn't anyone follow what actually happens in the NFL?

Apparently Hobson has done a tremendous job lowering everyones expectations.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]What I'm being told today [/b] [/size]

From my Bengals "peeps" LaVar has spoken with Marvin, letting him know he wants to play for Cincinnati. The Bengals are in a bind to a certain extent.. They have Walter's deal to make a decision on and expect team to make runs at both Kelley Washington and Jermei Johnson. And, of course, they need to get a QB signed. So without knowing what might be offered to Washington or Johnson the Bengals can't determine what is left or exactly how to proceed.
QB's in the mix also include Kerry Collins and a possible deal for Patrick Ramsey.
The Bengals don't want to get caught in a financial bind that prevents them from taking care of their OL.
They are looking at options to help them out that include who to cut and who to renegotiate with.[/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1360homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1360homer.com/blog.asp[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='233170' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:13 PM'][quote][size=5][b]What I'm being told today [/b] [/size]

From my Bengals "peeps" LaVar has spoken with Marvin, letting him know he wants to play for Cincinnati. The Bengals are in a bind to a certain extent.. They have Walter's deal to make a decision on and expect team to make runs at both Kelley Washington and Jermei Johnson. And, of course, they need to get a QB signed. So without knowing what might be offered to Washington or Johnson the Bengals can't determine what is left or exactly how to proceed.
QB's in the mix also include Kerry Collins and a possible deal for Patrick Ramsey.
The Bengals don't want to get caught in a financial bind that prevents them from taking care of their OL.
They are looking at options to help them out that include who to cut and who to renegotiate with.[/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1360homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1360homer.com/blog.asp[/url]
[/quote]

Let Squirrel go.
They don't need an expensive back-up QB.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jason' post='233173' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:19 PM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='233170' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:13 PM']

[/quote]

Let Squirrel go.
[/quote]

We need to keep Jeremi, though. He's one of the best.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='233174' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:20 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='233173' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:19 PM']
[quote name='oldschooler' post='233170' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:13 PM']

[/quote]

Let Squirrel go.
[/quote]

We need to keep Jeremi, though. He's one of the best.
[/quote]

Agreed, but it kind of depends on how big any other offer he may get will be. I have no problem paying him what would be a Top 5 FB contract, but I don't want to get ridiculous about it.

Guest Johnsons4Life
[quote name='Jason' post='233173' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:19 PM'][quote name='oldschooler' post='233170' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:13 PM']

[/quote]

Let Squirrel go.
[/quote]

I agree completely. Lets sign some defense and extend some o-line. Carson will be back at beginning of season but by no later than the first month. Wasting money on an expensive QB we cannot do. I dont see how it would make a huge difference anyway. If we get Jamie Martin he will probably do just the same or a little less than a guy like Patrick Ramsey or Kerry Collins. The best a backup would do anyway is .500 and if we get a cheaper backup they will probably go 1-3 instead of 2-2. Besides if we dont sign any defensive players than the backup QBs are worthless because unless they can put up 30 pts a game like Carson does than we wont win anyway.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Johnsons4Life' post='233180' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:28 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='233173' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:19 PM']
[quote name='oldschooler' post='233170' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:13 PM']

[/quote]

Let Squirrel go.
[/quote]

I agree completely. Lets sign some defense and extend some o-line. Carson will be back at beginning of season but by no later than the first month. Wasting money on an expensive QB we cannot do.
[/quote]

So you know more about the health of Carson than the Bengals and his doctors?

Crazy.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233146' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:42 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233142' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:39 PM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233132' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:23 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when was $11 million of cap room not enough to do 3 blockbuster deals? Especially knowing for 100% fact that the cap is guaranteed to jump another $7 million next season.

[/quote]
So you know how much already the offensive line is going to need, as in Willie AP player Levi top 5 LT Eric top 5 G and bobbie. Not to mention, no one knowns when Chad and Deltha will realize they are getting paid enough according to their position

Crazy.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='JC' post='233190' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:34 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233146' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:42 PM']
[quote name='JC' post='233142' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:39 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
So you know how much already the offensive line is going to need, as in Willie AP player Levi top 5 LT Eric top 5 G and bobbie. Not to mention, no one knowns when Chad and Deltha will realize they are getting paid enough according to their position

Crazy.
[/quote]

they won't mean shit without a quarterback...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233193' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:36 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233190' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:34 PM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233146' date='Mar 16 2006, 03:42 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crazy.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Look at pittsburgh... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Ben Rothlisberger is a ok qb, we will sign one that is decent such as Jamie Martin and will be fine, but pittsburgh runs abour 65 percent of the time cuz they have a kickass offensive line and a couple good backs, if Carson can't come in and play, Rudi is a 1,500 yard back and Chris Perry could be a 1,000 yard back and makes defenses guess if we are passing or running, so we could run it just as well as them, and win a game, but we need a offensive line to do that, imagine that, they won a super bowl with that, we have enough talent in our defense that once they develop we will be fine with this draft, we dont need to overpay lavar and have simmons on the bench.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='JC' post='233196' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:38 PM'][quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233193' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:36 PM']
[quote name='JC' post='233190' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:34 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crazy.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Look at pittsburgh... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Ben Rothlisberger is a ok qb, we will sign one that is decent such as Jamie Martin and will be fine, but pittsburgh runs abour 65 percent of the time cuz they have a kickass offensive line and a couple good backs, if Carson can't come in and play, Rudi is a 1,500 yard back and Chris Perry could be a 1,000 yard back and makes defenses guess if we are passing or running, so we could run it just as well as them, and win a game, but we need a offensive line to do that, imagine that, they won a super bowl with that, we have enough talent in our defense that once they develop we will be fine with this draft, we dont need to overpay lavar and have simmons on the bench.
[/quote]

Oh, you mean Pittsburghs dominating defense?

And I'd say if you haven't realized that Roethlisberger isn't better than "ok", you're dillusional.

Guest IndianaBengal
Sign his ass. The backup qb will suffice because Carson is coming back full strength. I talked to Miss Cleo an hour ago. She told me I had enuff cash to upgrade to Miller light this week instead of Old Mill's best. The lady also likes Marv!!! Don't doubt a hungry lady!!!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233244' date='Mar 16 2006, 05:42 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233196' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:38 PM']
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233193' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:36 PM']
[quote name='JC' post='233190' date='Mar 16 2006, 04:34 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crazy.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, you mean Pittsburghs dominating defense?

And I'd say if you haven't realized that Roethlisberger isn't better than "ok", you're dillusional.
[/quote]
Yep dillusional.

Damn i forgot you knew everything. :rolleyes:

Yah there defense is good, and they didnt have to go out and break the bank to do it, they developed it themselves. Ben's pass game is set up by the run and the Offensive line he has. Yes he is better then ok, he isnt bad, but Hows come he only has about 268 attempts, (Hell willie parker had 255 attempts) at one point that was less then about 13 attempts a game until he played cincy. If your saying that we shouldnt try to resign our offensive line just because that offensive line was the same one that got us a "one and done" your crazy. Lavar isnt worth breaking it over, just because he is labeled a playmaker. Simmons had that interception and took it back for six against the dolphins that helped us win. But i understand you know everything about the cap and we can sign 3 blockbuster deals, so i wont try to argue, that would just be

Crazy.

Guest IndianaBengal
I sense a little tension on the board in this thread. Lets all hold hands and wait for our wives to get home with Mcdonalds.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='233260' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:08 PM']I sense a little tension on the board in this thread. Lets all hold hands and wait for our wives to get home with Mcdonalds.[/quote]
Lets just say i think its interesting how people arent even concerned about the offensive line, that has a core of the top 5 in the league when we already have a good linebacker in brian simmons, at a good price. Sam Adams would benfit this defense so much more.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='JC' post='233264' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:18 PM'][quote name='IndianaBengal' post='233260' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:08 PM']
I sense a little tension on the board in this thread. Lets all hold hands and wait for our wives to get home with Mcdonalds.[/quote]
Lets just say i think its interesting how people arent even concerned about the offensive line, that has a core of the top 5 in the league when we already have a good linebacker in brian simmons, at a good price. Sam Adams would benfit this defense so much more.
[/quote]

The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in the league as well.

Would you be satisfied with loss after loss after having a dominating offense?

Draft Levi or Willies replacement, replace Steinbach next season with a cheap FA or a draft pick (hell, it's just a guard, Bobbie Williams does jsut as good of a job as Steinbach, except he doesn't let our entire franchise get destroyed by relaxing in the middle of a play)

And buy some damn defense!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233375' date='Mar 16 2006, 09:56 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233264' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:18 PM']
[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='233260' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:08 PM']
I sense a little tension on the board in this thread. Lets all hold hands and wait for our wives to get home with Mcdonalds.[/quote]
[/quote]

Draft Levi or Willies replacement, replace Steinbach next season with a cheap FA or a draft pick (hell, it's just a guard, Bobbie Williams does jsut as good of a job as Steinbach, except he doesn't let our entire franchise get destroyed by relaxing in the middle of a play)

[/quote]

grumpy pants...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='233375' date='Mar 16 2006, 09:56 PM'][quote name='JC' post='233264' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:18 PM']
[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='233260' date='Mar 16 2006, 06:08 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Colts had a good defense this year, and had one of the best regular seasons in the league.

Their Quarterback is just the biggest choke in the playoffs, It doesnt help when you have a top QB in the game, and then they choose not to throw the ball well in the playoffs because their nervous as fuck.

Carson already let go of that ball Steinbach didnt really give up, it didnt help that Kimo hit and twisted.

Archived