Chris Perry

Do you guys think if Chris Perry was healthy we would have done a lot better running the ball against the colts? The colts seem to get beat bad by the fast elusive type RBs like Jones-Drew rather than grinders like Rudi. I think that Perry actually played pretty well against the colts last year if I remember right.

Not that this really matters since he is made of glass, but what do you guys think?

Guest Bengals1181
Do I think we would have won? Probably not with the gameplan we had. I do however think Perry and more of Watson would have been gashed them with their speed. You saw what McNeal did, just on one play. It was only 7 yards, but he burned a few of them on pure speed.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='411557' date='Dec 20 2006, 11:37 AM']Do you guys think if Chris Perry was healthy we would have done a lot better running the ball against the colts? The colts seem to get beat bad by the fast elusive type RBs like Jones-Drew rather than grinders like Rudi. I think that Perry actually played pretty well against the colts last year if I remember right.

Not that this really matters since he is made of glass, but what do you guys think?[/quote]
[b]He had 8 rushes for 82 yards last year vs the ponies[/b]

Guest mongoloido
I think Perry would have had a good game, had he played. Aside from being an extra set of hands to catch, I think Perry has the speed, and vision, to bounce some of those runs outside. There were some moster patches of turf he could have gotten to that Rudi just couldn't/wouldn't.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='411574' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:01 PM']I think Perry would have had a good game, had he played. Aside from being an extra set of hands to catch, I think Perry has the speed, and vision, to bounce some of those runs outside. There were some moster patches of turf he could have gotten to that Rudi just couldn't/wouldn't.[/quote]

Its either one of two things with C.Perry.

1) The Bengals are bad luck for him.
2) He's a Chinadoll

He gets hurt way too much.

Guest TheBeaverHunter
I am not fully sold on Rudi. I am sure this is going to get some people fired up, but he isn't a threat and he is averaging 3.8 YPC this year. I would love to have MJD, Moroney, Norwood, Gore, and about 6 other backs instead of Rudi.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jeb' post='411577' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:07 PM']Its either one of two things with C.Perry.

1) The Bengals are bad luck for him.
2) He's a Chinadoll

He gets hurt way too much.[/quote]

Who knows. Maybe a bit of both.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='411634' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:18 PM']I am not fully sold on Rudi. I am sure this is going to get some people fired up, but he isn't a threat and he is averaging 3.8 YPC this year. I would love to have MJD, Moroney, Norwood, Gore, and about 6 other backs instead of Rudi.[/quote]

I think Rudi is a solid back, but not a star. He'll bang, and get 3-20 yards... but he's not that guy who can really break one for 50+, is he?

Frank Gore is a beast... Seems like a decent fellow too.

The cutbacks were there all day long, just like the holes up the middle however we decided (for some unknown reason) to start running wide against a speed defense. :crazy:

It's not rocket science, the Jags players are huge and essentially smashed mouth the colts. We were doing it early in the game and stopped.

Perry would of went off on a team like the Colts; just like he did last year.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='411634' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:18 PM']I am not fully sold on Rudi. I am sure this is going to get some people fired up, but he isn't a threat and he is averaging 3.8 YPC this year. I would love to have MJD, Moroney, Norwood, Gore, and about 6 other backs instead of Rudi.[/quote]

Interesting in a thread about the P-Nut Brittle we get a dis on Rudi. Rudi is not the flashiest runner, no, but I would count him among the league's best. He's tough, rarely injured, he rarely fumbles ...3.8 yards a carry isn't bad by any means, especially considering the disheveled O-Line he's been behind. He may not be the most fun to watch, but he makes the tough runs.

I would've loved to have had Perry in there for a coupla runs, though. If he (or Watson) would've been there to get the ball more, I doubt we'd be talking about Rudi right now.

Don't get me wrong ----------- I like Rudi. I have not one but two #32 jersies. I very likely had one of the first Rudi jersies but -------

Rudi is a plow horse. He lacks the speed to run outside, he is a non factor in the passing game and his blocking is average at best. He is a very good power runner between the tackles.

First ---- I am not nor will I ever be a Michigan fan but-------

A healthy Chris Perry can get outside, can catch, can run inside. A healthly Chris Perry would have assumed the role as starting RB for the Bengals along time ago. He has more speed, more talent.

With Perry we would do more draws, screens, middle screens, counters, cut backs etc.... All help to slow the rush against agressive defenses. This would benefit the line ----- especially against smaller, faster overly agressive defenses.

Nothing against Rudi but he is very limited in what he can do. To his credit, what he does, he does do very well.

I said it then, I'll say it now. You DO NOT use first round draft picks to get 3rd down backs !!!

Here's to a healthy return with no more injuries ......... Not likely but hoping .

[quote name='Rick' post='411571' date='Dec 20 2006, 11:55 AM']No.[/quote]
Yes.

The colts would have had a headache trying to keep perry in check...a fast elusive back. Kenny Watson was our leading reciever. Perry would have broken 100 yards recieving and probably 100 running..

He needs to lose his pussitis

[quote name='mongoloido' post='411685' date='Dec 20 2006, 02:24 PM']Who knows. Maybe a bit of both.[/quote]

Do you remember the cartoon character that always had a cloud over his head no matter where he went or what he did? It didn't affect anyone else but him. That's how I view C.Perry. The guy has the worst luck.

[quote name='cwing' post='411708' date='Dec 20 2006, 03:08 PM']Don't get me wrong ----------- I like Rudi. I have not one but two #32 jersies. I very likely had one of the first Rudi jersies but -------

Rudi is a plow horse. He lacks the speed to run outside, he is a non factor in the passing game and his blocking is average at best. He is a very good power runner between the tackles.

First ---- I am not nor will I ever be a Michigan fan but-------

A healthy Chris Perry can get outside, can catch, can run inside. A healthly Chris Perry would have assumed the role as starting RB for the Bengals along time ago. He has more speed, more talent.

With Perry we would do more draws, screens, middle screens, counters, cut backs etc.... All help to slow the rush against agressive defenses. This would benefit the line ----- especially against smaller, faster overly agressive defenses.

Nothing against Rudi but he is very limited in what he can do. To his credit, what he does, he does do very well.

I said it then, I'll say it now. You DO NOT use first round draft picks to get 3rd down backs !!!

Here's to a healthy return with no more injuries ......... Not likely but hoping .[/quote]
I agree Rudi is a very solid back. But I truely think we would be a better team if Chris Perry was are starting RB. I know im gonna get tons of heat from this but Perry fits are offense better. I think for most teams Rudi would be the better option but with us I say Perry.

[quote name='76levi' post='411847' date='Dec 20 2006, 08:45 PM']I agree Rudi is a very solid back. But I truely think we would be a better team if Chris Perry was are starting RB. I know im gonna get tons of heat from this but Perry fits are offense better. I think for most teams Rudi would be the better option but with us I say Perry.[/quote]

Perry is a LT style runner. Rudi is a fat fuck bettis style runner. Not saying Rudi is fat fuck bettis or as good or worse than, not saying Perry is as good as LT ------- just saying the styles are similar.

Plain and simply--- What Rudi does he does very well. A healthy Perry has the ability to do more. A healthy Perry is a better fit for this style of offense. Especially with our current O-line.

However, the argument can be made that Rudi fits in just fine with our projected starting opening day lineman. Too bad we do not have that oline.

[quote name='Lawman' post='411698' date='Dec 20 2006, 02:48 PM']The cutbacks were there all day long, just like the holes up the middle however we decided (for some unknown reason) to start running wide against a speed defense. :crazy:

It's not rocket science, the Jags players are huge and essentially smashed mouth the colts. We were doing it early in the game and stopped.

Perry would of went off on a team like the Colts; just like he did last year.[/quote]

As long as he made it through the tunnel without breaking something. Or a cheerleader didn't bump into him or something.

Archived