Lance's "I Believe"

There are actually a couple items i agree /w him on this week

[quote][b]*Nobody has explained to me what the Bengals know that most NFL teams don't....in terms of no GM and lack of scouts
*An NFL model that has produced one winning season since 1990 and hasn't produced a playoff win since then, isn't working.
*Mike Brown is ok with winning dropping into his lap, but he won't pursue winning with all that's required to help the process.
*The most embarrassing statement a Bengals fan can make is...."hey I'll take 8-8, it sure beats 3-13 or 4-12
*Many Bengals fans actually believe other NFL teams don't get hurt and don't have bad breaks[/b]
*In Mick Cronin
*I feel sorry for Mick Cronin because his team doesn't deserve a divided fan base.
*I'd still rather be in the Big East than Mickey Mouse C-USA
*Studio 60 was too smart for most viewers
*I'm undervaluing/underestimating your interest in UFC/Mixed Martial Arts
*I'm torn between servicing your interest in recruiting news and my discomfort with the process/promotion and exploitation of high school athletes.
[b]*I should be able to wager on sports without having to go to Vegas or wiring money to Indonesia
*Aaron Harang would have been one of the the top two free agent pitchers on the market this offseason and the #1 target of Reds fans
*Closer by committee does not work[/b]
*Dining receipts should include a scale of percentages for tips based on your total
*If golfers have nothing to hide, drug testing should not be an issue
[b]*The Pro Bowl is the biggest waste of time in sports...and should be turned into an awards dinner/banquet/fan experience[/b]
*The Phoenix Suns offer the best entertainment value in sports today
*If you used to like the NBA, but don't now....you haven't watched the Suns recently
[b]*The two most overplayed cards in sports are the race card and the respect card[/b]
[b]*Steroid users in the NFL should be banned from postseason games, not just the Pro Bowl and postseason awards.[/b][/quote]

[quote]*Steroid users in the NFL should be banned from postseason games, not just the Pro Bowl and postseason awards.[/quote][quote]*Many Bengals fans actually believe other NFL teams don't get hurt and don't have bad breaks[/quote]

Two that i think are good.

[quote name='JC' post='438305' date='Feb 7 2007, 11:49 AM']Two that i think are good.[/quote]

Agree.

One "I believe" that I didn't see on there:

= That the Landon Johnson signing news item from earlier in the week was bullshit, so I believe that you didn't notice that I took it off my blog page.

I believe that Lance is a dork and though I agree with a few of his beliefs, it's still annoying to hear him say them or any sentence in general.

I believe that Lance needs to stop talking about TV shows and characters as long as he's on a Sports channel.

I believe that he needs to screen his calls better instead of encouraging them by laughing like a hyena at any joke a caller makes no matter how stupid.

I believe that I'd rather listen to anyone else on my drive home instead of him.

[quote]*Many Bengals fans actually believe other NFL teams don't get hurt and don't have bad breaks[/quote]

No one thinks other teams don't get hurt. But how many playoff teams had their top 31 key players miss 20% of games? And that does not count Odell's suspension.

I believe other teams suffer significant injuries, I believe other teams play tough schedules, I believe other teams suffer bad breaks, I believe if all those 3 things happen in 1 season most of those teams are drafting in the top half of the first round.

See the 2004 and 2005 Baltimore Ravens and 2003 pissburgh stealers.

I believe in all cases radio hosts do not ever bring it up the seasons following.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='scharm' post='438324' date='Feb 7 2007, 12:24 PM']I believe other teams suffer significant injuries, I believe other teams play tough schedules, I believe other teams suffer bad breaks, I believe if all those 3 things happen in 1 season most of those teams are drafting in the top half of the first round.

See the 2004 and 2005 Baltimore Ravens and 2003 pissburgh stealers.
I believe in all cases radio hosts do not ever bring it up the seasons following.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

And I want to add that I believe Lance is a self righteous douche, and "Pleasantville" only exist between his ears...

[quote name='texbengal' post='438307' date='Feb 7 2007, 12:54 PM']One "I believe" that I didn't see on there:

= That the Landon Johnson signing news item from earlier in the week was bullshit, so I believe that you didn't notice that I took it off my blog page.[/quote]

LOL :1hump:

Hey, he still has the link up on the Salary Cap page :thumbsup: but he does know who created it and the site, we have exchanged a couple of emails. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

I do listen to Lance and choose to ignore alot of stuff that he says, just like a few posters here but hey I keep coming back :D

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Hooky' post='438319' date='Feb 7 2007, 01:14 PM']I believe that Lance is a dork and though I agree with a few of his beliefs, it's still annoying to hear him say them or any sentence in general.

I believe that Lance needs to stop talking about TV shows and characters as long as he's on a Sports channel.

I believe that he needs to screen his calls better instead of encouraging them by laughing like a hyena at any joke a caller makes no matter how stupid.

I believe that I'd rather listen to anyone else on my drive home instead of him.[/quote]

zing

100% accuracy right there.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote]*Studio 60 was too smart for most viewers[/quote]
that would imply that lance was smart... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

he is a fucking idiot. my forum name on his message boards was LanceBGone, but they deleted my account and forced me to get a new name.

I don't want to back on Lance, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Teams that make playoff runs with injuries are the exception not the norm. The norm would be those teams completely fall apart on their way to a losing record.

I don't think the injuries, schedule or bad breaks should be used as an excuse for this team because they did choke away a playoff spot a couple of times at the end of the year.

That said, I think there a very few teams over the history of the NFL that go through what the bengals did and still have the same opportunities that they eventually pissed away.

There's no better example than the 2005 Ravens and 2003 stealers.

The sad part is, I think after sucking ass against the Chargers if they would have just crawled to the expected 6-10 recorded they would probalbly get a little more sympathy from the local media and fans. Instead they moved to 8-5 and got everyone fired up again and then choked it away.

Either way there is no good reason this team should have not been in the playoffs.

[quote name='scharm' post='438344' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:10 PM']I don't want to back on Lance, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Teams that make playoff runs with injuries are the exception not the norm. The norm would be those teams completely fall apart on their way to a losing record.

[b]I don't think the injuries, schedule or bad breaks should be used as an excuse for this team because they did choke away a playoff spot a couple of times at the end of the year. [/b]

That said, I think there a very few teams over the history of the NFL that go through what the bengals did and still have the same opportunities that they eventually pissed away.

The sad part is, I think after sucking ass against the Chargers if they would have just crawled to the expected 6-10 recorded they would probalbly get a little more sympathy from the local media and fans. Instead they moved to 8-5 and got everyone fired up again and then choked it away.
Either way there is no good reason this team should have not been in the playoffs.[/quote]

Personally, I think it is rather amazing to think that despite being without key players 20% of the time, and playing a [b]VERY[/b] tough schedule, that they were still just a missed FG away from being a playoff team.

[quote name='Jason' post='438352' date='Feb 7 2007, 07:23 PM']Personally, I think it is rather amazing to think that despite being without key players 20% of the time, and playing a [b]VERY[/b] tough schedule, that they were still just a missed FG away from being a playoff team.[/quote]

We were a FG from the playoffs
We were a time out wasted away from the playoffs
We were a tackle away from the playoffs
We were a pass defensed away from the playoffs
We were several bad play calls away from the playoffs
We were a bad call away from the playoffs
We were a TD pass away from making the playoffs
We were an injured player away from making the playoffs

Doesn't matter what the excuse is, the last play in a game is no more important than the first one, if Carson throws one more TD in the pissburgh game Shane Graham doesn't need to make that last FG, you can't point to just one play or one game as an excuse for not making it, the fact of the matter is.......................................

WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

Excuses, Excuses!

Guest TheBeaverHunter
What if this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs this coming season. Will all of you homers finally admit that there is a problem with this team?

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='438356' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:35 PM']What if this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs this coming season. Will all of you homers finally admit that there is a problem with this team?[/quote]

OMFG Beaver.. Dont you know that we use to suck really bad. So mediocrity is actually really good. I mean at least we are not sadaam Hussein!!!>!>!!>

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='438356' date='Feb 7 2007, 07:35 PM']What if this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs this coming season. Will all of you homers finally admit that there is a problem with this team?[/quote]

No because we will have injuries and a schedule to blame

[quote name='Jason' post='438352' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:23 PM']Personally, I think it is rather amazing to think that despite being without key players 20% of the time, and playing a [b]VERY[/b] tough schedule, that they were still just a missed FG away from being a playoff team.[/quote]

Key part being "Missed FG", thus they only have themselves to blame. Even with the injuries, even with the schedule they still should have been in the playoffs.

You just can't wash away that fact with excuses about injuries and schedule, IMO.

[quote name='scharm' post='438344' date='Feb 7 2007, 01:10 PM']I don't want to back on Lance, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

I don't think the injuries, schedule or bad breaks should be used as an excuse for this team because they did choke away a playoff spot a couple of times at the end of the year.

Either way there is no good reason this team should have not been in the playoffs.[/quote]

Good post, because I agree :).

Given what happened with the sked, injuries/suspensions, and off-field crap, I was surprised they were in it at the end. But they controlled their own destiny, and still messed up.

KC had some stuff, too, with Green out for the majority of the team, a new coach, etc. But at the end of the season, they won games they had to in order to make it in. The Bengals didn't.

[quote name='texbengal' post='438362' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:47 PM']Good post, because I agree :).

Given what happened with the sked, injuries/suspensions, and off-field crap, I was surprised they were in it at the end. But they controlled their own destiny, and still messed up.

KC had some stuff, too, with Green out for the majority of the team, a new coach, etc. But at the end of the season, they won games they had to in order to make it in. The Bengals didn't.[/quote]

KC also had to deal with a future HOF LT retiring close to the start of the season. To Lance's credit shit happens.

There's the problem with the bengals. Shit does happen. When it usually does the teams it happens to typically fold. The bengals only have themselves to blame that they can be lumped into that group vs having a winning record and palyoff appearance to point to.

However to relate that failure to lack of scouts, need for GM, or change to FA approach has to be the dumbest reasoning of all time.

At the end of the day, they had that playoff spot for the taking.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='438363' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:47 PM']The only good points he made.[/quote]
the suns suck ass, go blow a goat.

[quote name='Storm' post='438355' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:34 PM']We were a FG from the playoffs
We were a time out wasted away from the playoffs
We were a tackle away from the playoffs
We were a pass defensed away from the playoffs
We were several bad play calls away from the playoffs
We were a bad call away from the playoffs
We were a TD pass away from making the playoffs
We were an injured player away from making the playoffs

Doesn't matter what the excuse is, the last play in a game is no more important than the first one, if Carson throws one more TD in the pissburgh game Shane Graham doesn't need to make that last FG, you can't point to just one play or one game as an excuse for not making it, the fact of the matter is.......................................

WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!
Excuses, Excuses![/quote]

[quote name='scharm' post='438361' date='Feb 7 2007, 02:44 PM']Key part being "Missed FG", thus they only have themselves to blame. Even with the injuries, even with the schedule they still should have been in the playoffs.

You just can't wash away that fact with excuses about injuries and schedule, IMO.[/quote]

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Sorry you guys have such a gloomy outlook on things.

Archived