Angilos Pizza

GoBengals

i dont know why, its on the greasy side, but its fucking delicious, i think i have a "sweet spot" for it because it was the first pizza i ever had, i for some reason, didnt like pizza until i was about 8-9, and at the time my parents were building a new house and teh apartments we lived in for the 9 months was next to an angilos, and i love it, i ahvent lived near one in years, but i found one within a few miles of work and about 8-10 minutes from home, and have been getting it lately..

anyone else a fan or ever had it?

Angilo's is great pizza. There use to be (maybe there still is) one in Madisonville when I used to live Mariemont (20 years ago) and I would get carry out every Friday night. Very greasy, but the cheese just slid down and the crust was good, not too doughy and not as hard as a brick. I think there used to be one in Hyde Park, too.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='491626' date='May 26 2007, 08:39 PM']Angilo's is great pizza. There use to be (maybe there still is) one in Madisonville when I used to live Mariemont (20 years ago) and I would get carry out every Friday night. Very greasy, but the cheese just slid down and the crust was good, not too doughy and not as hard as a brick. I think there used to be one in Hyde Park, too.[/quote]

there seem to be several these days, www.angilospizza.com

im eating some as we speak... its delightful...

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='491649' date='May 26 2007, 11:00 PM']Where are they Go....I haven't had them in a while..used to be on blueash rd....Italianette is good also and just as greasy...it's from the the fresh pepperoni :whistle:[/quote]

the closest one to me, is on sharonville on 42, right in downtown sharonville where 42 splits off to the right and joins wyscarver(spelled that horribly wrong i think).. so the corner of main and 42 in sharonville...

also one in reading, on jefferson ave.. never been to it tho..

[url="http://angilospizza.com/locations.shtml"]http://angilospizza.com/locations.shtml[/url]

never heard of italianette.... i must check it out.. where is it?

Angilo's is great pizza. I remember we used to drive all the way from White Oak to Harrison or somewhere in that Miami Whitewater Forest area just to get that pizza my senior year in HS since that was the only one around at that time. Now, I occassionally have the one on Rt. 42 (Reading Rd) near West Chester/Pisgah/Sharonville whatever the hell that area is called.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='IKOTA' post='491660' date='May 27 2007, 12:21 AM']Angilo's is great pizza. I remember we used to drive all the way from White Oak to Harrison or somewhere in that Miami Whitewater Forest area just to get that pizza my senior year in HS since that was the only one around at that time. Now, I occassionally have the one on Rt. 42 (Reading Rd) near West Chester/Pisgah/Sharonville whatever the hell that area is called.[/quote]
the one in Miamitown next to the batting cages/golf range on 128? That one is shut down now. There is a few around me now. ive never had it, but im going to try it in the near future. actually might be working part time at one for this summer as well.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='491677' date='May 27 2007, 02:30 AM']the one in Miamitown next to the batting cages/golf range on 128? That one is shut down now. There is a few around me now. ive never had it, but im going to try it in the near future. actually might be working part time at one for this summer as well.[/quote]
it just move from next to miami lakes. now on harrison ave next to take 5

[quote name='GoBengals' post='491659' date='May 27 2007, 12:14 AM']the closest one to me, is on sharonville on 42, right in downtown sharonville where 42 splits off to the right and joins wyscarver(spelled that horribly wrong i think).. so the corner of main and 42 in sharonville...

also one in reading, on jefferson ave.. never been to it tho..

[url="http://angilospizza.com/locations.shtml"]http://angilospizza.com/locations.shtml[/url]

never heard of italianette.... i must check it out.. where is it?[/quote]

If you still live in the same area as I think you do....they are in silverton across the from the the wine place..and the old never on sunday bar which has changed hands. Near plainfield and montgomery :thumbsup:

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='491677' date='May 27 2007, 04:00 AM']the one in Miamitown next to the batting cages/golf range on 128? That one is shut down now. There is a few around me now. ive never had it, but im going to try it in the near future. actually might be working part time at one for this summer as well.[/quote]

Yeah, that one. I remember that batting cages now.....

It's a shame it closed down, that was the original one I believe and their pizza was fantastic!

I have lived in Reading my entire life and grew up having Angilos once a week on pizza night.
It is the only one that i have never gotten bored with. They have the best pizza bread and you never, at least the
one in Reading, you never have to ask for extra cheese. Oh...this one also, in my opinion, serves a better order
of fries w/ cheese than the one in Sharonville. My sister lives in Sharonville and we had gotten some once and their
order of fries were very small in comparison.
I haven't had it in about 2 months...thanks for helping me decide what's for dinner tonight!

[quote name='TJRulz' post='493915' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:39 AM']I have lived in Reading my entire life and grew up having Angilos once a week on pizza night.
It is the only one that i have never gotten bored with. They have the best pizza bread and you never, at least the
one in Reading, you never have to ask for extra cheese. Oh...this one also, in my opinion, serves a better order
of fries w/ cheese than the one in Sharonville. My sister lives in Sharonville and we had gotten some once and their
I haven't had it in about 2 months...thanks for helping me decide what's for dinner tonight![/quote]

I grew up in Reading. My dad lives in Dayton now. When I go up to see him I have to stop by the one in Reading, and that one only, and get him a half dozen hoagies. They actually have their own website. It's . biz, instead of .com.

[url="http://www.angilospizza.biz/"]http://www.angilospizza.biz/[/url]

[quote name='TJRulz' post='493915' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:39 AM']I have lived in Reading my entire life and grew up having Angilos once a week on pizza night.
I haven't had it in about 2 months...thanks for helping me decide what's for dinner tonight![/quote]

i just got fries from the one in sharonville, and it was pathetic, likw 6 fries in a foil bowl thing.. terrible, the one is pisgah is better than sharonville, i will have to try the reading location... :thumbsup:

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='494408' date='Jun 2 2007, 03:26 PM']I must be the black sheep, I think their pizza is terrible and smells like body odor
but I do love their hoagies and cheese fries.... :thumbsup:[/quote]

ha, thats almost my exact opinion of pizza hut... donatos is a favorite of mine, along with larosas

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='494428' date='Jun 2 2007, 04:26 PM']Go...you should get Italianette tonight.....did you go the rib fest by your place yet[/quote]

the country music is like a forcefield, i cant walk past the kroger without my skin melting... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img]

but im walking by it tonight check things out

[quote name='GoBengals' post='494424' date='Jun 2 2007, 04:01 PM']ha, thats almost my exact opinion of pizza hut...[/quote]
Pizza hut is indeed nasty.

Marions
Hoagies(probably a local thing)
LaRosas.

Best pizza places everrr.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='494962' date='Jun 4 2007, 04:01 AM']I love Marions pizza [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img][/quote]

I second that emotion.

I grew up in Reading as well (until 8th grade). And the sad thing is we too had pizza night every Friday and Angilos was the best - must have been a Reading thing. I have not had their pizza for atleast 10 years. Damn, I think I might have to go back to the old stomping grounds for a some pizza.... and Swing by Eddie's for a beer (is that place still there?).

Archived