RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='497026' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:35 AM']See thats the thing to me, I agree that there are those who will defend him, but there are just as many if not more who want to hang the guy over somthing that nobody knows the whole story to. Dont you think that if he did do something he would have paid these guys to make it go away? I think the thing I hate about this is that people are so quick to judge someone based on their past and not give them any chance to show they have either changed or grown up. Its "he did it before, hell do it again". That kind of thinking never helps people because they are pigeonholed into "being the bad guy" and they are damned if they do and damned if the dont. That to me is the biggest bunch of BS on this board.

Lets hear the whole story before we get out our nooses and pitchforks.[/quote]

Shouldn't you also hear the whole story before you assume it's crap. Or just start blindly defending somebody because he's a Bengal?

Ignoring the past, would you let him house sit for you when you were on vacation for a week?

[quote name='Hooky' post='497033' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:44 AM']Would you let him house sit for you when you were on vacation for a week?[/quote]

I dont let anyone I dont personally know do that. Would you let anyone you didnt know do that?

[quote name='Hooky' post='497033' date='Jun 7 2007, 03:44 PM']Shouldn't you also hear the whole story before you assume it's crap. Or just start blindly defending somebody because he's a Bengal?

Ignoring the past, would you let him house sit for you when you were on vacation for a week?[/quote]
Jesus. 7 years of W, and Innocent until proven guilty is out the fucking window.

Shall we waterboard Odell to get the fucking truth :ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='497034' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:46 AM']I dont let anyone I dont personally know do that. Would you let anyone you didnt know do that?[/quote]

Of course you wouldn't if you didn't know him. You're dodging the point. assume that you know him. If i did know him, regardless of how he's treated me personally, I wouldn't let somebody with that track record near my house.

I hope this whole thing is bullshit, I hope he stays clean and kicks ass for the Bengals this year, but he is not a horse I would bet on.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497033' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:44 AM']Shouldn't you also hear the whole story before you assume it's crap. Or just start blindly defending somebody because he's a Bengal?

Ignoring the past, would you let him house sit for you when you were on vacation for a week?[/quote]

Of course. However current evidence leads one to belive it is crap, as opposed to someones personal history, which has no bearing on this case. But well see, friday is only a day away.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='497035' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:50 AM']Jesus. 7 years of W, and Innocent until proven guilty is out the fucking window.

Shall we waterboard Odell to get the fucking truth :ninja:[/quote]

Where is Lawman these days anyway? :ninja: (j/k Lawman, you know I love ya.)

[quote name='Hooky' post='497004' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:20 AM']That's been my point. And also I continue to be amazed how many members of the forum that have never met the guy and [b]given his track record, rush out to defend him. I'm talking about right when the story came out, people were like Odell cause trouble at a party? Prepostrous![/b] If the story was about Palmer or Rudi, sure, it smells fishy. But, Odell? How long are you guys going to defend this guy? I guess the homeristic desire for him to stay out of trouble and re-join the team is stronger than reality. [b]Yeah, it looks like it may have been a hoax, this time.[/b][/quote]

show me one person who said its ridiculous that odell could cause a problem t a party, no one did, everyone called the story bullshit. the facts bullshit, and the validity of the newsbreak bullshit, no one had odell in a church gown.

and "this time" great, not that your pulling for him to mess up or anything right? did you already write out your "i told you so" post and have it in a word document ready to lay on the foolish foolish world who wishes the best out of people? i mean geez how silly were us sucker homer fans thinking aj nicholson would change...

[quote name='scharm' post='497019' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:53 AM']People that chose to blame Odell at the time of the first report did the same thing. How can you admit it looks like a hoax and take issue with people defending Odell?

The report came about from a rumor based site and I doubt very few people on this board have met and know the people filing the report.

It's important to note if it wasn't for the claims that you say look like a Hoax there would be no need to defend Odell. At the time the report came out (from a rumor mill) a professional athlete falsely targeted by individuals trying to make a name for themselves, Prepostrous!

So get off your soap box.[/quote]

word

[quote name='Hooky' post='497033' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:44 AM']Shouldn't you also hear the whole story before you assume it's crap. Or just start blindly defending somebody because he's a Bengal?

hearing a story that stinks of bullshit, several versins, only reported to a shotty blog, cheesy fake photo, and after months of me hearing odell is doing very well in rehab and so on, anyone not trying to hang the guy for no reason would conclude this is likely bullshit, odell is likely clean here. you proceed to tell how dumb these people are and then say they were right. its exactly the problem around here, there were what 5-6 pages of hangings and throat slits within a few hours of the false henry report, its clear you would prefer he fucked up, you and many others here, its clear you and others just wish to assume people cant make mistakes in life and change for the better, i cant figure out why, no one was blindly defending anyone, ALL of the comments were "this sounds like total bullshit, he's fucked if its not tho" the comments hashed out at the half ass "withleather" newsbreak, not strong defense of odell upstanding citizenship. except you, jason, and a few others who lit the torch to burn him at the stake reguardless of how fishy the story was. your half right, there is definetly a group of people who blindly act strongly opinionated on one side of the fence with no facts and no basis in thier opinions. but its certainly not the ones calling bullshit here.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='497035' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:50 AM']Jesus. 7 years of W, and Innocent until proven guilty is out the fucking window.

What the fuck does W have to do with this?

Goodell's new system sucks. It wasn't properly vetted before it was implemented. Go back to the old system. At least it was a fair one.

What does "given his track record" mean?

He's got a DUI and failed the NFL's version of a drug policy. If it came down to a drug charge, you might have a point, but outside of the DUI, he's got no "criminal history" as far at the United States legal system is concerned.

I'm glad I don't have a DUI, so I still get a fair shake if rumors ever fly about me - but I'm sure there's more than one person on this board who will no longer get that "luxery" because of their one DUI, I guess.

He isn't Chris Henry, Tank Williams or PacMan Jones. THOSE players have "track records".

[quote name='Jeb' post='497044' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:58 AM']Goodell's new system sucks. It wasn't properly vetted before it was implemented. Go back to the old system. At least it was a fair one.[/quote]

[size=4]YES!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='497041' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:56 AM']show me one person who said its ridiculous that odell could cause a problem t a party, no one did, everyone called the story bullshit. the facts bullshit, and the validity of the newsbreak bullshit, no one had odell in a church gown.

and "this time" great, not that your pulling for him to mess up or anything right? did you already write out your "i told you so" post and have it in a word document ready to lay on the foolish foolish world who wishes the best out of people? i mean geez how silly were us sucker homer fans thinking aj nicholson would change...
word
hearing a story that stinks of bullshit, several versins, only reported to a shotty blog, cheesy fake photo, and after months of me hearing odell is doing very well in rehab and so on, anyone not trying to hang the guy for no reason would conclude this is likely bullshit, odell is likely clean here. you proceed to tell how dumb these people are and then say they were right. its exactly the problem around here, there were what 5-6 pages of hangings and throat slits within a few hours of the false henry report, its clear you would prefer he fucked up, you and many others here, its clear you and others just wish to assume people cant make mistakes in life and change for the better, i cant figure out why, no one was blindly defending anyone, ALL of the comments were "this sounds like total bullshit, he's fucked if its not tho" the comments hashed out at the half ass "withleather" newsbreak, not strong defense of odell upstanding citizenship. except you, jason, and a few others who lit the torch to burn him at the stake reguardless of how fishy the story was. your half right, there is definetly a group of people who blindly act strongly opinionated on one side of the fence with no facts and no basis in thier opinions. but its certainly not the ones calling bullshit here.[/quote]

For the record, I never said that he was guilty of this. When i said cut him loose, I said that he seemed to always put himself in the wrong place. I admit that I jumped the gun if he wasn't actually there in the first place.

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='497045' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:01 AM']What does "given his track record" mean?

He's got a DUI and failed the NFL's version of a drug policy. If it came down to a drug charge, you might have a point, but outside of the DUI, he's got no "criminal history" as far at the United States legal system is concerned.
I'm glad I don't have a DUI, so I still get a fair shake if rumors ever fly about me - but I'm sure there's more than one person on this board who will no longer get that "luxery" because of their one DUI, I guess.

He isn't Chris Henry, Tank Williams or PacMan Jones. THOSE players have "track records".[/quote]

You made my point. Would you let him marry your daughter?

[quote name='Hooky' post='497037' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:55 AM']Of course you wouldn't if you didn't know him. You're dodging the point. assume that you know him. If i did know him, regardless of how he's treated me personally, I wouldn't let somebody with that track record near my house.

I hope this whole thing is bullshit, I hope he stays clean and kicks ass for the Bengals this year, but he is not a horse I would bet on.[/quote]

Depends, when he did the things he was accused of and how long Ive known him and how well I know him, if I believe he isnt the person he was then and we have a good relationship then yes. But then I belive people can change.

I'd let Go watch my house, and he has said himself he used to do some stupid stuff.

I don't have a daughter, so let's go back to the house sitting thing.

As someone else said, I wouldn't want anyone I didn't personally know watching my house. I don't think Jeanty has had any legal problems, but I wouldn't just hand over the keys to him, either.

I've let people who have done drugs and have a DUI or two watch my place while I'm gone. That's all Odell is marked up for so far...

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='497050' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:05 AM']Without taking this thread to another forum, if you need someone to explain what I was trying to say, you wouldn't understand it anyway...[/quote]

Typical. I would never understand what W has to do with whether or not Odell is guilty of this or anything else. I understand that you guys seem to need to lump him in with any negative situation.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497056' date='Jun 7 2007, 04:09 PM']Typical. I would never understand what W has to do with whether or not Odell is guilty of this or anything else. I understand that you guys seem to need to lump him in with any negative situation.[/quote]
:rolleyes:

I guess my ninja was super duper stealthy, eh?

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='497055' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:08 AM']I don't have a daughter, so let's go back to the house sitting thing.

As someone else said, I wouldn't want anyone I didn't personally know watching my house. I don't think Jeanty has had any legal problems, but I wouldn't just hand over the keys to him, either.[/quote]

It's called a hypothetical question. assuming that you know him, since most of you guys act like you do anyways.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497059' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:10 AM']It's hypothetical assuming that you know him, since most of you guys act like you do anyways.[/quote]

And you dont?

The only point you have is at the end of your pitchfork.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497059' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:10 AM']It's hypothetical assuming that you know him, since most of you guys act like you do anyways.[/quote]
If I knew him, and I was "friends" with him, then he's probably already passed any character issues that I wouldn't like.

I don't have many friends that I can't trust. Maybe one, and he's more of a "friend or a friend".

...hypothetically speaking, of course.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='497035' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:50 AM']Jesus. 7 years of W, and Innocent until proven guilty is out the fucking window.

Guilty in the court of public opinion without evidence isn't exactly new.

Besides, it's not like Odell is a terrorist--the only thing he terrorizes are 1) opponents' offenses, 2) Bengals fans' hope, and 3) liquor bottles.

:ninja:

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Bunghole' post='496630' date='Jun 6 2007, 07:20 PM']Careful! Look at his avatar...he's pretty big, man.[/quote]

That's not him. That's just his boyfriend.

[quote name='Actium' post='497065' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:13 AM'][color="#FF0000"]Guilty in the court of public opinion without evidence isn't exactly new. [/color]

Besides, it's not like Odell is a terrorist--the only thing he terrorizes are 1) opponents' offenses, 2) Bengals fans' hope, and 3) liquor bottles.

:ninja:[/quote]

The public is fickle, they will be his biggest fan the minute he gets a sack on toothlessberger.

Archived