RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='496393' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:48 PM']how bout we at least wait and see if he gets charged with anything? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty...[/quote]

Like I said, with his track record for getting in sketchy situations, he's just a distraction. Guilty or not, if the Bengals have any hope to play Thurman in the future, they need to chain him up somewhere until camp, along with Henry. They both need to lay low.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='496454' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:13 PM']Amen, do you play rugby or do you just like stylish jerseys? You look kind of familiar, even outside of duck cartoons.[/quote]
havent played rugby, but have been thinkin about getting in a rugby league around here.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='496455' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:15 PM']havent played rugby, but have been thinkin about getting in a rugby league around here.[/quote]

Let me know if you need any help.

Guest Tigris
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='496455' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:15 PM']havent played rugby, but have been thinkin about getting in a rugby league around here.[/quote]
You don't want to play dude. It hurts. I don't like it. AT ALL.

[quote name='Hooky' post='496453' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:10 PM'][b]Like I said, with his track record for getting in sketchy situations, he's just a distraction. Guilty or not,[/b] if the Bengals have any hope to play Thurman in the future, they need to chain him up somewhere until camp, along with Henry. They both need to lay low.[/quote]

c'mon, lets not be silly, if he did nothing, and wasnt attending teh party, there is no reason to even bat an eye about getting him back on the field.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='496463' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:26 PM']c'mon, lets not be silly, if he did nothing, and wasnt attending teh party, there is no reason to even bat an eye about getting him back on the field.[/quote]

If he wasn't there at all, the accusers need to be dealt with seriously. But who would just make that up if he wasn't even there? It seems that after the Henry fiasco that they would want to get some facts and some collaberating witnesses together before they release the story.

[quote name='Hooky' post='496475' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:38 PM']If he wasn't there at all, the accusers need to be dealt with seriously. But who would just make that up if he wasn't even there? It seems that after the Henry fiasco that they would want to get some facts and some collaberating witnesses together before they release the story.[/quote]

im just taking the infor given from various random sources, and splitting it down the middle, then taking the level of BS from each side, and subtracting 10-15% of that most BSing sides side of the story and giving it to the side that semi makes sense..

and my term of events is such.

odells brother or friend is at the party, odell, and odell friend/brother and that persons g/f or old lady is withi them, they go to pick up so and so as party winds down at 3am or so, they arrive, and some argueing is in action, it escalates to some pushing and shoving, some shit gets broken, odell's "posse" tries to squash issue as liekly their drunken high friend is causing a problem, and the also drunken high party throwers get ann gangsta in the moment, and some braud tries to start some more shit, odell is removed from fight area, party throwers are punked and some cash tossed "in thier face" to fix broken shit and a last "fuck you" and they leave

party throwers have a chip on shoulder, "we gotta get those motherfuckers" and by morning time, they have compiled the half brained story of whats been told online and to police, all 4 different versions, figuring theyll get the benifit of the doubt over some football players and family "with a past" and make a quick buck in a courtcase/lawsuit...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Hooky' post='496460' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:23 PM']Let me know if you need any help.[/quote]
tempting. how much does it cost do you know?

[quote name='Tigris' post='496461' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:24 PM']You don't want to play dude. It hurts. I don't like it. AT ALL.[/quote]
i love pain man. i used to fight with my g/f's brother. he was 6'4'' 305 and played oline for thomas more. i always got my ass kicked cuz he had a ton of size and strength on me but it was a blast. i love that kinda shit.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='496501' date='Jun 6 2007, 05:12 PM']tempting. how much does it cost do you know?
i love pain man. i used to fight with my g/f's brother. he was 6'4'' 305 and played oline for thomas more. i always got my ass kicked cuz he had a ton of size and strength on me but it was a blast. i love that kinda shit.[/quote]

And I love punching people........maybe we can be friends!!!

Is it even possible that Thurman or Henry have enough money left for any scam artist to squeeze out of them? Yes, I realize they were both high draft choices who got nice contracts, but they both went out and bought expensive toys(as most people would in their situation)then they both began getting in legal troubles which of course been huge lawyer fees and then came the suspensions without pay. Seems to me at this point if I'm looking for easy money from 2005 draft picks, I would go after Adam Kieft or Fanene before Thurman or Henry. At the second day guys were probably smart enough to squirrel away a few bucks.

[quote name='dex' post='496508' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:51 PM']Is it even possible that Thurman or Henry have enough money left for any scam artist to squeeze out of them? Yes, I realize they were both high draft choices who got nice contracts, but they both went out and bought expensive toys(as most people would in their situation)then they both began getting in legal troubles which of course been huge lawyer fees and then came the suspensions without pay. Seems to me at this point if I'm looking for easy money from 2005 draft picks, I would go after Adam Kieft or Fanene before Thurman or Henry. At the second day guys were probably smart enough to squirrel away a few bucks.[/quote]

Its easier to go after someone who has already been in trouble as their creditiability is sketchy anyway

[quote name='dex' post='496508' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:51 PM']Is it even possible that Thurman or Henry have enough money left for any scam artist to squeeze out of them? Yes, I realize they were both high draft choices who got nice contracts, but they both went out and bought expensive toys(as most people would in their situation)then they both began getting in legal troubles which of course been huge lawyer fees and then came the suspensions without pay. Seems to me at this point if I'm looking for easy money from 2005 draft picks, I would go after Adam Kieft or Fanene before Thurman or Henry. At the second day guys were probably smart enough to squirrel away a few bucks.[/quote]

i doubt this was heavily planned, just spur of the moment, had fanane or geathers or someone showed up at the house, perhaps they would be going after them, i think its just some stoner hippie bullshit last minute plan to get revenge for being punked out in thier own house....

but who knows. i dont want to start a conspiracy to get cash topic,

Granted they're annual salaries are "without pay" for the suspension period that each has to serve. But the upfront signing bonus each received (I don't know what it is exactly) was pretty decent I'd believe. Especially Thurman in the 2nd round had to be at least a couple million. So far, Henry's only lost 2 games' paychecks. He's 3rd round - his bonus probably wasn't too shabby either.

Oh, I'd imagine there is money there to be had.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='496501' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:42 PM']tempting. how much does it cost do you know?
i love pain man. i used to fight with my g/f's brother. he was 6'4'' 305 and played oline for thomas more. i always got my ass kicked cuz he had a ton of size and strength on me but it was a blast. i love that kinda shit.[/quote]

"Hurt me," says the masochist.

"No," says the sadist.

Some suggested reading:

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Venus-Furs-Leopold-von-Sacher-Masoch/dp/1426450257/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-0177545-4578473?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181161099&sr=1-2"]http://www.amazon.com/Venus-Furs-Leopold-v...1099&sr=1-2[/url]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='IKOTA' post='496506' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:49 PM']And I love punching people........maybe we can be friends!!![/quote]
i love hitting back tho [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

[quote name='Actium' post='496519' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:19 PM']"Hurt me," says the masochist.

"No," says the sadist.

Some suggested reading:

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Venus-Furs-Leopold-von-Sacher-Masoch/dp/1426450257/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-0177545-4578473?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181161099&sr=1-2"]http://www.amazon.com/Venus-Furs-Leopold-v...1099&sr=1-2[/url][/quote]
reading? whats that :blink:

I dont know or care if all this is true this time. If Odell was at the party at all he's just an arrest waiting to happen.

If you are driving a car heading towards a cliff and the brakes go out, do you keep pumping the brakes thinking this time the'll work eventually driving over the cliff.

OR do you say fuk this sh!t and bail?

Thats what I thought. Odell is not worth the trouble.

[quote name='ncBengal' post='496621' date='Jun 6 2007, 07:02 PM']I dont know or care if all this is true this time. If Odell was at the party at all he's just an arrest waiting to happen.

If you are driving a car heading towards a cliff and the brakes go out, do you keep pumping the brakes thinking this time the'll work eventually driving over the cliff.

OR do you say fuk this sh!t and bail?

Thats what I thought. Odell is not worth the trouble.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

PFT To the Rescue!

[quote]POSTED 10:37 p.m. EDT, June 6, 2007

THURMAN CHARGES A MONEY GRAB?

A league source tells us that the pool of persons who were allegedly roughed up over the weekend in Georgia by Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has grown to four -- and that they are willing to drop all charges and put the matter behind them.

In exchange for a payment in the amount of $250,000. Each.

Per the source, the Thurman camp politely (or otherwise) declined. The quartet then threatened to take the thing to the media, to which the Thuman camp responded by providing the phone number to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Indeed, the charges already have hit the press. Thus, the threat to go public is, at this point, sort of meaningless.

Due to the fact that the alleged victims waited until the next day to call the cops, a hearing will be held on Friday to determine whether an arrest warrant will be issued for Thurman.

Thurman is currently serving a one-year suspension for violations of the NFL's substance-abuse policy. He could face separate discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy based on the outcome of the situation in Georgia.[/quote]

(They are willing to drop all charges and put the matter behind them in exchange for a payment in the amount of $250,000 each.)

Odell did nothing wrong, except he is just stupid. He has been told not to go to places like that AND during certain times in the day (morning), too.

To be young, stupid, and have a lot of money to waste - That's stupid, too!

[quote name='Rick' post='496995' date='Jun 7 2007, 08:37 AM'](They are willing to drop all charges and put the matter behind them in exchange for a payment in the amount of $250,000 each.)

Odell did nothing wrong, except he is just stupid. He has been told not to go to places like that AND during certain times in the day (morning), too.

To be young, stupid, and have a lot of money to waste - That's stupid, too![/quote]

That's been my point. And also I continue to be amazed how many members of the forum that have never met the guy and given his track record, rush out to defend him. I'm talking about right when the story came out, people were like Odell cause trouble at a party? Prepostrous! If the story was about Palmer or Rudi, sure, it smells fishy. But, Odell? How long are you guys going to defend this guy? I guess the homeristic desire for him to stay out of trouble and re-join the team is stronger than reality. Yeah, it looks like it may have been a hoax, this time.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='496501' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:42 PM']tempting. how much does it cost do you know?

It depends on where you want to play. Don't you go to Miami? Or am I mistaken? You should look into their club. But if you want to start playing to fight, you should probably take up kick-boxing. There are too manyplayers of American rugby that just want to hit somebody. They don't get the game at all. If any mods would like to branch this off to a rugby thread, that might be cool.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497004' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:20 AM']That's been my point. And also I continue to be amazed how many members of the forum that have never met the guy and given his track record, rush out to defend him. I'm talking about right when the story came out, people were like Odell cause trouble at a party? Prepostrous! If the story was about Palmer or Rudi, sure, it smells fishy. But, Odell? How long are you guys going to defend this guy? I guess the homeristic desire for him to stay out of trouble and re-join the team is stronger than reality. Yeah, it looks like it may have been a hoax, this time.[/quote]

People that chose to blame Odell at the time of the first report did the same thing. How can you admit it looks like a hoax and take issue with people defending Odell?

The report came about from a rumor based site and I doubt very few people on this board have met and know the people filing the report.

It's important to note if it wasn't for the claims that you say look like a Hoax there would be no need to defend Odell. At the time the report came out (from a rumor mill) a professional athlete falsely targeted by individuals trying to make a name for themselves, Prepostrous!

So get off your soap box.

[quote name='Hooky' post='497004' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:20 AM']That's been my point. And also I continue to be amazed how many members of the forum that have never met the guy and given his track record, rush out to defend him. I'm talking about right when the story came out, people were like Odell cause trouble at a party? Prepostrous! If the story was about Palmer or Rudi, sure, it smells fishy. But, Odell? How long are you guys going to defend this guy? I guess the homeristic desire for him to stay out of trouble and re-join the team is stronger than reality. Yeah, it looks like it may have been a hoax, this time.[/quote]

See thats the thing to me, I agree that there are those who will defend him, but there are just as many if not more who want to hang the guy over somthing that nobody knows the whole story to. Dont you think that if he did do something he would have paid these guys to make it go away? I think the thing I hate about this is that people are so quick to judge someone based on their past and not give them any chance to show they have either changed or grown up. Its "he did it before, hell do it again". That kind of thinking never helps people because they are pigeonholed into "being the bad guy" and they are damned if they do and damned if the dont. That to me is the biggest bunch of BS on this board.

Lets hear the whole story before we get out our nooses and pitchforks.

Archived