RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

This was posted on the Georgia DawgPost forums:

[quote]centralfan33

I was there it didn't go down like that...

The partygoer girlfriend was all on thurmon.... He tried his best to get out of siutiuation.. But the sometimes when youre a superstar or have superstatus.. people try crazy things.. BUt I can tell he has matured... The other guy went and got four dudes.. Thurmon walked away.. They kept coming so thurman entourage told him man you don't need this.. GO wait in the car we will handle this.. Thurman Crew must have had some type of adult figure with them... Because they tried to pay for items damaged between entourages in cash.. IT was the other crew who had guns.. ALl I saw thurman do was walk away... I was there because one of my old co worker from Walmart distrubution Center in Monore had the party. I don't know why people start lies... All Thurman did was put his head down and walked away like he should have...[/quote]

[url="http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&F=1073&T=589984"]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&a...73&T=589984[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Odell would have made more $ in the next 3 years .... than he will now earn in his entire life at a real job.

You can lead a horse to water ... but you can't keep him from jumping off a cliff. [/b][/size][/font]

Honestly though - my take on these accusations...

The thing that bugs me the most is how there is no evidence against Thurman. I mean, with the people that were there, you'd think at least one person would be snapping pictures of Thurman at the party, and even if not then, surely when the fight broke out. Hell, on most phones anymore you can take high quality videos! Yet there is nothing except a picture that is supposedly the day after the party.

Sorry, but if I'm at a party and someone I know is getting pounded by an NFL player, I'm taking pictures.

The abscence of evidence is insane.

[quote name='CTA513' post='496234' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:35 AM']This was posted on the Georgia DawgPost forums:
[url="http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&F=1073&T=589984"]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&a...73&T=589984[/url][/quote]

interesting....

he needs to go to court for the hearing date then..

man the BS is thick on both sides... this stinks of a thurman nut hugger but isnt completely impossible either..

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='496240' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:46 AM'][b]
just wanna say that im offended! plus i almost got
fired at my job today when my boss saw that picture!
please next time use a damn link!!![/b] :contract:
:ninja:[/quote]

hahaha!!

the dude is getting bashed while he's probably sleeping... horrible, but funny

:lol:

Guest Tigris
[quote name='GoBengals' post='496243' date='Jun 6 2007, 01:02 AM']no, there is a hearing to see if there is even enough evidence to try to charge anyone with anything..[/quote]
where have i been? when is this?

[quote][size=3][b]Thurman has hearing Friday[/b][/size]
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

Georgia magistrate court will hear testimony Friday to determine if charges should be filed against Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman, who is accused of kicking and hitting two men in Monticello, Ga., over the weekend.

David Martin, one of Thurman's Atlanta-based lawyers, emphasized Tuesday that no charges had been filed against Thurman.

He said he was confident his client would be exonerated.

"Right now, we're conducting our own investigation," said Martin, who will meet today with Thurman. "We'll get this all straightened out."

Two Monticello men allege in their complaint that Thurman committed acts of criminal trespass, aggravated assault and pointing a gun in the early-morning hours Sunday at a house party in Monticello.

Thurman, under suspension for one season by the NFL for three violations of its substance-abuse policy, is a Monticello native.

No charges can be filed with Monticello police because officers were not called to the scene, said Chrissy Pitts, deputy clerk of Juvenile and Magistrate Civil Court for Jasper County.

"Monticello police would not take out a warrant because the parties who are accusing (Thurman) did not call the police," Pitts said. "They called the police the next day."

She added that anybody can file a complaint.

"This can happen to anyone," she said of the pre-warrant hearing application.

Thurman will have the hearing at 11 a.m. Friday before Judge Kenneth Jackson, chief magistrate of Jasper County.

During the hearing, both sides will explain their versions of the alleged incident.

The complaint was filed by Brett Thomaston and Chad Cannon, both of Monticello.

The Bengals' media relations policy is not to comment publicly on ongoing legal matters involving players.[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/SPT02/706060348"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/706060348[/url]

[quote name='sneaky' post='496178' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:10 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I'm glad you brought up racism and ducks because there is something that I have been wanting to
get off my chest. Why in the fuck does Donald Duck (who is white) get more publicity than Daffy Duck
(who is black)?

Daffy is far more articulate and intelligent than Donald and his speech impediment, is no where as near as bad
as Donald's. Yet Daffy is always the ass of jokes and he lives in poverty, walking around butt naked while Donald
and his rich ass quacka Uncle Scrooge and his hillbillie ass nephews get all the fucking glory.

That is pretty fucked up man.[/b][/color]
[img]http://images.art.com/images/-/Looney-Tunes---Daffy-Duck--C11754808.jpeg[/img]

[color="#008000"][b]"You racist ass quackahz !!!!"[/b][/color]

[img]http://www.alexross.com/angrydonaldbrownmiddle.JPG[/img]
[color="#0000FF"][b]"Qqqqqqqqqqkkkkkkkqqkkkkkkkkkkkk.....dont make me roast your blaqq ass....kkkkkQQQQQ"[/b][/color][/quote]

That is some damn funny shit :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote name='CTA513' post='496234' date='Jun 6 2007, 05:35 AM']This was posted on the Georgia DawgPost forums:
[url="http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&F=1073&T=589984"]http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135#S=135&a...73&T=589984[/url][/quote]

Well, if this is true, let's hope that charges get pressed in the other direction. This story has reeked of BS from the beginning. If those fools thought they would basically blackmail Odell into a settlement, etc, by bringing false charges, they are the ones who need to spend some time behind bars.

Guest happyrid
[quote name='GoBengals' post='496238' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:38 AM']interesting....

he needs to go to court for the hearing date then..
man the BS is thick on both sides... this stinks of a thurman nut hugger but isnt completely impossible either..[/quote]

The poster's name was central33. Wasn't Odell #33 at UGA?

Guest schotzee
[quote name='happyrid' post='496314' date='Jun 6 2007, 07:32 AM']The poster's name was central33. Wasn't Odell #33 at UGA?[/quote]

Yes

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Thurman facing court date in Georgia[/b][/size]

By Kevin Goheen
Post staff reporter

Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman must appear in front of a Georgia magistrate on Friday to answer two criminal complaints of aggravated assault, criminal trespassing and pointing a gun at another person.

Thurman and a cousin, Willie Thurman, were issued the complaints on Monday following an alleged incident that took place overnight Saturday in Thurman's hometown of Monticello, Ga.

According to the police report and witness statements, Thurman and his cousin were at a house party at approximately 3 a.m. Sunday when Thurman began touching another guest's girlfriend inappropriately.

The boyfriend, Chad Allen Cannon, approached Thurman and asked him to stop. A companion of Thurman's, according to witnesses, then pushed Allen to the ground where Thurman began kicking him in the face, rendering Cannon unconscious.

Thurman and his cousin are then alleged to have left the party only to later return with guns. Willie Thurman is alleged to have put a gun in the mouth of another party attendee, Brett Austin Thomaston.

Cannon and Thomaston filed complaints against Thurman, while Thomaston also filed a complaint against Willie Thurman.

A report on the blog Web site www.withleather.com, where the story first appeared, said Thurman and his group returned to the party with guns only after first having guns pulled on them.

Safarrah Lawson, Thurman's agent, had no comment when reached by The Post on Tuesday afternoon.

[b]Thurman and his cousin must appear at a probable cause hearing at the Magistrate Court of Jasper County on Friday at 11 a.m. Jasper Co. Chief Magistrate Kenneth Jackson said on Tuesday that no warrant had been issued for either Odell or Willie Thurman because there was not enough evidence yet available. That is the purpose of Friday's hearing.[/b]

"Evidently the alleged incident happened in the wee hours of Sunday morning but the private citizens didn't report it until late Sunday afternoon," Jackson said. [b]"If enough evidence is presented on Friday then warrants could be issued right then and the defendants would have the chance to post bond. If not, then the case would be dismissed."[/b]

Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan deferred comment on the situation to the NFL office. Because Thurman is still currently under league suspension, Brennan said, jurisdiction of his discipline belongs to the NFL. Thurman is eligible to apply for re-instatement next month.

A message left for NFL vice president of public relations Greg Aiello was not returned.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge John Burlew on Friday sentenced Thurman to six days in a treatment program to settle Thurman's drunken driving case from last September. Burlew also placed Thurman on probation for two years.

It is unclear if the complaints filed would constitute a violation of Thurman's probation. Messages left at Burlew's office seek- ing clarification were not re- turned.[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/SPT03/706060322/1022/RSS0302"]http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...22/1022/RSS0302[/url]

[quote name='sneaky' post='496178' date='Jun 5 2007, 10:10 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I'm glad you brought up racism and ducks because there is something that I have been wanting to
get off my chest. Why in the fuck does Donald Duck (who is white) get more publicity than Daffy Duck
(who is black)?

Daffy is far more articulate and intelligent than Donald and his speech impediment, is no where as near as bad
as Donald's. Yet Daffy is always the ass of jokes and he lives in poverty, walking around butt naked while Donald
and his rich ass quacka Uncle Scrooge and his hillbillie ass nephews get all the fucking glory.

That is pretty fucked up man.[/b][/color]
[img]http://images.art.com/images/-/Looney-Tunes---Daffy-Duck--C11754808.jpeg[/img]

[color="#008000"][b]"You racist ass quackahz !!!!"[/b][/color]

[img]http://www.alexross.com/angrydonaldbrownmiddle.JPG[/img]
[color="#0000FF"][b]"Qqqqqqqqqqkkkkkkkqqkkkkkkkkkkkk.....dont make me roast your blaqq ass....kkkkkQQQQQ"[/b][/color][/quote]
Just another case of whitey trying to keep the black duck down...

:ninja:

That was funny as hell though. sneaky I'll leave all comments regarding your dream profession and how you don't measure up alone... :thumbsup:

Nothing is going to come of the hearing Friday. No charges will be brought. The Bengals are going to ride it out at this point to see what the NFL does with his reinstatement. Hell, they've waited 11 months now, what do they gain by dropping his rights at this point? Very little, maybe a little locker room equity if that. Marvin isn't going to dump his ass because he was at a party, IMO. When you've given a person 2, 3, 4, whatever chances and then they do something stupid (but not major) you're going to get very little admiration for dumping that person and saying "See, we mean business. Don't fuck up and you don't have anything to worry about." It just rings hollow once you're this far down the line with a player.

They've ridden this horse this far, don't buck the saddle when you see the finish line... BJ, if someone would give us a 4th right now Marvin would grab it and never look back. Or, at least I hope he would.

Cut him loose. That's a pretty elaborate story to be made up entirely. It seems like he's always going to be in those sketchy situations. If I was trying to get re-instated, I would become a hermit and tell my thug friends that I have to lay low. I know it's easier said than done.

But I say, let him go so we can stop having delusions of him playing anymore and move on. And every dumb thing he does won't reflect on the Bengals.

My main issue is that Odell is putting himself in situations that will lead to trouble. If he's not bright enough to "Just Say No" to the booze, or situations where people are drinking, drugging, etc...than he will eventually do himself in, NFL wise, at least. At this point, he has zero trade value, and holding onto him for the remainder of his contract, whether it runs out or he's kicked out, may be the way to go.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Hooky' post='496324' date='Jun 6 2007, 08:33 AM']Cut him loose. That's a pretty elaborate story to be made up entirely. It seems like he's always going to be in those sketchy situations. If I was trying to get re-instated, I would become a hermit and tell my thug friends that I have to lay low. I know it's easier said than done.

But I say, let him go so we can stop having delusions of him playing anymore and move on. And every dumb thing he does won't reflect on the Bengals.[/quote]

how bout we at least wait and see if he gets charged with anything? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='496393' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:48 PM']how bout we at least wait and see if he gets charged with anything? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty...[/quote]

yep...and I haven't seen 1 bit of evidence (such as no photos and conflicting stories of what actually happened) that prove that Odell was involved or even there in the first place. There is no way that if you had a gun put in your mouth and got the shit beat out of you that you would fail to notify police immediately after it happened. Odell will get cleared of this on Friday as not enough evidence exists.

Guest schotzee
I don't want us to pin a lot of hopes on this guy,which it seems Marvin is not.Nor do I want to see us give up on him either,unless he really did do what he was accussed of,which is highly doubtful ,as many have already said.

Archived