RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='495918' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:19 PM']Only if its proven to be true. ([b]which I highly doubt[/b]) Otherwise thats pretty F'ed up that he should lose his chance to get his job back over a fabrication.[/quote]

Why? What in Odell's past history would lead you to believe it is not true?

I hope it's not, but at this point I'll be more surprised if it's not than if it is.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='IKOTA' post='495916' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:17 PM']I wish Odell was hispanic, then he'd be so much easier to control[/quote]

That is some funny shit right there.

[quote name='Jason' post='495922' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:21 PM']Why? What in Odell's past history would lead you to believe it is not true?

I hope it's not, but at this point I'll be more surprised if it's not than if it is.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with Odell's past and everything to do with that pic. Come on that thing is absurd.

[quote name='Jason' post='495922' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:21 PM']Why? What in Odell's past history would lead you to believe it is not true?

I hope it's not, but at this point I'll be more surprised if it's not than if it is.[/quote]

not showing up for drugs tests and getting a DUI make you think he puts guns in peoples mouths and feels up randoms whores in georgia?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='495927' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:23 PM']not showing up for drugs tests and getting a DUI make you think he puts guns in peoples mouths and feels up randoms whores in georgia?[/quote]

Not necessarily, but Odell wasn't born when he became a Bengal. He has had a history of trouble everywhere he has been.

Guest mongoloido
I'm with those that think it's highly unlikely Odell ever sees a Bengals uniform again. I don't even think it matters if charges get filed. I think all that has to be confirmed is that Odell was at the party. If that happens, I don't think it will matter if Goodell does anything or not. This will be the second time Odell has shown extremely poor judgement right before getting his shot back at football. I can't believe Marvin and Mike will let Odell fool them twice.

Should he not have been at the party, anything is still possible. If he was there, I believe the Bengals will dump him and be done with it.

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='495907' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:03 PM']Working in an ER I've seen plenty of assault victims. This kid has absolutely no signs of facial trauma aside from what looks like a scar from a previous lip laceration.

I smell something fishy and it ain't me :shakesfist: :ninja:[/quote]

:blink:

:huh:

[quote name='scharm' post='495910' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:09 PM']I've had my ass kicked several times, those pictures are bullshit![/quote]

Got blasted right on the nose once. Dark, dried blood was still coming out when I blew my nose weeks later. He got me good.

If true, Odell is a freakin' mental midget. I can't believe it.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='495929' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:25 PM']I'm with those that think it's highly unlikely Odell ever sees a Bengals uniform again. I don't even think it matters if charges get filed. I think all that has to be confirmed is that Odell was at the party. If that happens, I don't think it will matter if Goodell does anything or not. This will be the second time Odell has shown extremely poor judgement right before getting his shot back at football. I can't believe Marvin and Mike will let Odell fool them twice.

Should he not have been at the party, anything is still possible. If he was there, I believe the Bengals will dump him and be done with it.[/quote]

cant really argue with you, i couldnt write the guy off for missing some tests and getting a dui, poor judgement sure, but people make mistakes, but less than a week or two or so removed from a drug rehab center and sentenced to 6 days in another program at a party causing a problem, seems like a bad plan.

PS: i was always "hinted to" that odell caused henry's problems in the beginning and henry wasnt smart enough to correct the trend they both were set on, henry moved his family here, and moved in with odell, if odell was at this party causin a problem and such, odell is TOAST, however if NO ruckus is caused, even the media must be bored with this by now, they would much rather break a story of false accusations CLEARING an NFL player i would think, readers dont care, fans are fed up, the media wants to clear it just as much as nail the story. so if he was there but this whole case disappears within the next week, i think odell may still have a chance if he is proactive in clearing up his name in the situation. but thats rather unlikely at this point.

they are going to a hearing to see if they even have the proof to get to a trial and even press charges, all he needs is 3-4 friends saying i was no where near that party i was at home reading the bible(joke of course) and its a bigger he said she said and it will go away.

but odell is 1 strike from being in the CFL whether its this strike or the next one.....

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='GoBengals' post='495912' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:12 PM']no one blamed his problems on goodall, no one, its amazing that soap box is still standing strong under you, its impossible to argue, that if this is false, that the "conviction isnt necessary" rule doesnt fuck players in the ass, any opposing fan or attention whore can get a few friend make up a story and potentially cost a player thousands, millions, and even a career, no one knows how true or false this whole story is, but if kids are going to make shit up, a player can get fucked, and thats 100% goodalls doing.

your argueing a point that no one made just to hear yourself talk trash about a player. good for you.[/quote]

So why didn't you include kokain777's quote when you say "no one blamed his problems on goodell"? Here it is for anyone who wants to know

"[i]they already posted their pictures and shows no sign of assault. Kicked and beaten so bad, but not a mark on you. They are depending on people like the above to have a mob mentality and charge and convict a man with no evidence.
[b]
This is the climate that that fool Goodell wanted... [/b][/i]"

Also you have no clue what Goodell's policy about not needing a conviction is about. There are lots of situations when a person can admit guilt or never contest the charges against him and not get a conviction. Henry's defferred plea is aperfect example. He admitted guilt, but never had a conviction entered against him. Everyone crys about how Pacman Jones has never been convicted of anything, but he also admitted guilt to charges of Obstruction of Justice and Public Intoxication and got a defferred plea. Goodell has NEVER said that he will punish a player on mere rumor or unverified complaints. All he has said is that if a player admits guilt it won't help him if he avoids a formal convition being entered against him.

When I get on my soapbox I at least know what I am talking about. You should do the same.

Guest KoKaine777
First he got his face kicked in repeatedly in the house, then outside,then inside again. He shows the pic of his kicked in face, with no fresh marks,no swelling,etc. Kicked so hard in the head that he was knocked out! Police say limited evidence he said,she said. He said ,she said,usually indicates no witnesses other than the victims and the accused. A house party with no witnesses.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='495936' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:32 PM']So why didn't you include kokain777's quote when you say "no one blamed his problems on goodell"?

Also you have no clue what Goodell's policy about not needing a conviction is about. There are lots of situations when a person can admit guilt or never contest the charges against him and not get a conviction. Henry's defferred plea is aperfect example. He admitted guilt, but never had a conviction entered against him. Everyone crys about how Pacman Jones has never been convicted of anything, but he also admitted guilt to charges of Obstruction of Justice and Public Intoxication and got a defferred plea. Goodell has NEVER said that he will punish a player on mere rumor or unverified complaints. All he has said is that if a player admits guilt it won't help him if he avoids a formal convition being entered against him.

When I get on my soapbox I at least know what I am talking about. You should do the same.[/quote]

charges being brought on someone and being found innicent can earn you a vacation as well, just like pacman jones, pending charges gets him a YEAR, i do know what im talking about. its unfortunate you cant understand it.

[quote name='KoKaine777' post='495937' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:33 PM']First he got his face kicked in repeatedly in the house, then outside,then inside again. He shows the pic of his kicked in face, with no fresh marks,no swelling,etc. Kicked so hard in the head that he was knocked out! Police say limited evidence he said,she said. He said ,she said,usually indicates no witnesses other than the victims and the accused. A house party with no witnesses.[/quote]

yea, im hoping the judge isnt in need of some face time and the case is heard legitimately, i cant imagine he said she said gets a trial, but if a trial arrises, odell is long gone.

[quote name='KoKaine777' post='495938' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:34 PM']Fredtoast, show where I said Odell's problems were Goodell's fault. I want to see that exact line.[/quote]

x2.

If the media believes this story about Odell, why haven't they run with it? ESPN is no fan of the Bengals so why haven't they run with it? I would think they would love to jump on the bandwagon. And doing a google search turned up nothing on Odell.

He may very well be guilty but at least he deserves a chance to speak and tell his story before he is tried, convicted and executed.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='495929' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:25 PM']I'm with those that think it's highly unlikely Odell ever sees a Bengals uniform again. I don't even think it matters if charges get filed. I think all that has to be confirmed is that Odell was at the party. If that happens, I don't think it will matter if Goodell does anything or not. This will be the second time Odell has shown extremely poor judgement right before getting his shot back at football. I can't believe Marvin and Mike will let Odell fool them twice.

Should he not have been at the party, anything is still possible. If he was there, I believe the Bengals will dump him and be done with it.[/quote]

[quote name='KoKaine777' post='495937' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:33 PM']First he got his face kicked in repeatedly in the house, then outside,then inside again. He shows the pic of his kicked in face, with no fresh marks,no swelling,etc. Kicked so hard in the head that he was knocked out! Police say limited evidence he said,she said. He said ,she said,usually indicates no witnesses other than the victims and the accused. A house party with no witnesses.[/quote]

The even bigger question.... a house party with no pictures placing Odell at said party?! In the world of digital cameras that upload to the internet in seconds and cell phones with built in cameras that do the same.... you'd think SOMEONE there whould have claimed to have a picture or three of what went down or Odell being there. All I see now is a shoddy pic of a scar on some kid's lip.

Im sure someone else saw this

but on ESPN they said it wasnt up for Godell to decide a delay in reinstatment it is the drug tester. They will ask him what he was doing there and shit like that...

[quote name='BengalMom' post='495942' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:38 PM']If the media believes this story about Odell, why haven't they run with it? ESPN is no fan of the Bengals so why haven't they run with it? I would think they would love to jump on the bandwagon. And doing a google search turned up nothing on Odell.

He may very well be guilty but at least he deserves a chance to speak and tell his story before he is tried, convicted and executed.[/quote]

I think they realize how badly they got burned on Chris' last thing so they are playing it alot more safe here.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='495945' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:41 PM']The even bigger question.... a house party with no pictures placing Odell at said party?! In the world of digital cameras that upload to the internet in seconds and cell phones with built in cameras that do the same.... you'd think SOMEONE there whould have claimed to have a picture or three of what went down or Odell being there. All I see now is a shoddy pic of a scar on some kid's lip.[/quote]

Word

[quote name='JC' post='495946' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:41 PM']Im sure someone else saw this
but on ESPN they said it wasnt up for Godell to decide a delay in reinstatment it is the drug tester. They will ask him what he was doing there and shit like that...[/quote]

the plot thickens..

very good point

odell iss suspende for drug policy, not detrimental whatever to the league

so this would in essence be his first offense, one of the other trouble makers had this same situation... who was it?...

wonder what factor that palys...

i cant type today

[quote name='GoBengals' post='495952' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:44 PM']the plot thickens..

very good point

odell iss suspende for drug policy, not detrimental whatever to the league

so this would in essence be his first offense, one of the other trouble makers had this same situation... who was it?...
wonder what factor that palys...

i cant type [b]today[/b][/quote]

Today?

:D

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='GoBengals' post='495939' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:35 PM']charges being brought on someone and being found innicent can earn you a vacation as well, just like pacman jones, pending charges gets him a YEAR, i do know what im talking about. its unfortunate you cant understand it.[/quote]

Whe was Pacman ever found innocent of anything? If you know so much then why don't you realize that Goodell specifically said that Pacman was being suspended because he withheld the information about two of his arrests from the team and admitted guilt to Obstruction of Justice and Public Intoxication in another case. His admitted behavior at the strip club was taken into account, but Goodell specifically said that regarding the pending charges Pacman would get A LONGER SUSPENSION if he is found guilty.

Try checking some facts before you spew this garbage.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='495954' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:46 PM']Whe was Pacman ever found innocent of anything? If you know so much then why don't you realize that Goodell specifically said that Pacman was being suspended because he withheld the information about two of his arrests from the team and admitted guilt to Obstruction of Justice and Public Intoxication in another case. His admitted behavior at the strip club was taken into account, but Goodell specifically said that regarding the pending charges Pacman would get A LONGER SUSPENSION if he is found guilty.

Try checking some facts before you spew this garbage.[/quote]

he wasnt found innicent, are you that fucking stupid?

the charges alone, before innocent or guilty, got him suspended

i will repeat

charges alone, got him suspended

one more time dink:

[size=6][b][color="#FF0000"]THE CHARGES ALONE, GOT HIM SUSPENDED[/color][/b][/size]

sure he can get a longer suspension later, grand, that doesnt help him in 2007, if he is found innocent next june, he lost a years pay and playing time, why cant your little mind wrap this up?

Guest KoKaine777
[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='495945' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:41 PM']The even bigger question.... a house party with no pictures placing Odell at said party?! In the world of digital cameras that upload to the internet in seconds and cell phones with built in cameras that do the same.... you'd think SOMEONE there whould have claimed to have a picture or three of what went down or Odell being there. All I see now is a shoddy pic of a scar on some kid's lip.[/quote]

Exactly, especially when you read their police report, they were sure to mention Odell Thurman, Willie Thurman with quickness. Why not pull out the cell phone and get a pic of the NFL player crashing your party!

I would have got pics of my freshly bruised face for my civil lawsuit.

Whatever happened or didn't happened, NFL players are going to have to stay on lockdown. They aren't going to be able to go anywhere, just stay y'all ass at home, in a dark isolated room with a lighted mirror. So you can still see your bling and cash money.

This was on yahoo sports and SI.com

[quote]Suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman accused of assault in Georgia
By TERRY KINNEY, Associated Press Writer
June 5, 2007

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has been accused of kicking and hitting two men in his Georgia hometown during the weekend. He has not been charged with a crime, but a magistrate will hear testimony Friday to determine if charges should be filed.

The NFL suspended Thurman for the first four games of 2006 after he skipped a drug test. The suspension was extended to a full season following his arrest on a drunken driving charge in September. Thurman is one of nine Cincinnati players to be arrested in the past year.

ADVERTISEMENT
Two men filed a complaint Sunday with police in Monticello, Ga., southeast of Atlanta, accusing Thurman of assaulting them early Sunday following an argument at a home, Jasper County Chief Magistrate Ken Jackson said Tuesday. The men accused Thurman's brother, Willie Thurman, of threatening them with a gun.

Because the allegations were not reported quickly and police were unable to conduct an immediate investigation, Jackson said, a county magistrate will hear testimony Friday to determine if anyone should be charged.

Messages seeking comment were left with Odell Thurman's agent and with the NFL.

Thurman pleaded no contest to the drunken driving charge in February. Last Friday, a judge in Cincinnati suspended all but six days of a 90-day sentence and ordered Thurman to serve those six days at a treatment center.

Thurman played two seasons at Georgia and was drafted by Cincinnati in the second round of the 2005 draft. He led the Bengals in tackles that season with 148.[/quote]

Archived