Mike Brown Rated Worse Owner

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/27/ownerrankings/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ings/index.html[/url]

[quote]32. Mike Brown, Bengals

Boy, Brown has sure done a fantastic job of bringing the Bengals into the 21st Century. Once known merely as a pathetic football team whose on-field ineptitude mirrored management's cheap, clueless approach -- the AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals -- Brown's team has now become a national punch line, his players the poster children for malfeasance. Welcome to Sin City, or Cinci for short.

Until very recently, Brown sat back and watched as clowns like Chris Henry did incomprehensibly stupid things like get arrested for handgun charges while wearing his own jersey and kept their roster spots. You'd think someone who employs so many miscreants (10 Bengals players have been arrested in the last 14 months) would be careful about invoking the names of certain notorious villains, but this is what Brown did in front of more than 50 of his peers at last March's owners' meetings. In the midst of a complaint about the current stadium-building plan that is part of the league's revenue-sharing arrangement, Brown was reminded by a fellow owner that he had taken advantage of the same plan (and a provision that allowed him to waive the club-seat premiums that normally go to visiting teams) upon opening Paul Brown Stadium several years earlier. According to a witness, Brown replied, "Look, it seemed like a good thing in the beginning. A lot of people think a lot of things are good in the beginning. A lot of people thought Hitler was good in the beginning."

And on that tasteful note, I respectfully sign off.[/quote]

While Im not going to go out and say Brown is a great owner, former cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson was once quoted as saying... "I'd sign Charles Manson if he could run a 4.3 forty." So this whole "off feild stuff" is overblown.

[quote name='Ben' post='506723' date='Jul 2 2007, 01:52 PM'][url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/06/27/ownerrankings/index.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ings/index.html[/url][/quote]

What have I said, ...over, ...and over, ...and over again. The media HATE this team.

So much so that they will motivate our competitors prior to playing us.

First it was the Pats last season. They gave us credit and mild compliments while utterly trashing the Pats. They tore them a new one. Its no wonder they were fired up prior to playing us but it gets better.

The media couldn't allow us to beat the Colts. No, that wasn't allowed. They lit into that team with a pack attack trashing it from here to kingdom come. Even Manning got trashed a bit. The Colts were out to prove themselves on that Monday game and they were out for blood.

The media did their job and stopped us on both key games. Do you really have to ask if they hate us or not?

Oh, and one last thing. Who's paying this guy? The other NFL league owners? The argument he makes only really matters to the other owners. For the most part, ...fans don't care about the stadium stuff (its a dead issue anyway since that vote has come and gone).

I'll tell you what. Make a thread about the stadium issue and Brown's vote. See how many responses you get. That's a snooze fest of a topic to the average fan. So, ...I wonder why he's so interested in it?

Guest oldschooler
Mike Brown has given Marvin 2 contract extensions.
He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on state of the art video and workout equipment.
He paid Carson (the highest contract in Bengals history) to be a Bengal til 2014.
He made sure that Big Willie will retire a Bengal.
He paid Chad (even when he didn`t have to). He paid TJ, Rudi, Jeremi Johnson, Bobbie Williams and Reggie Kelly.
He basically made sure our high powered Offense would stay intact through their prime.

And the only Bengal player to record double digit sacks in over a decade, was locked up
long term just recently.

Oh, and the Bengals are some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

Wow, what a shitty owner he is . . .

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='506773' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:36 PM']Carson's contract is actually the largest in the history of the league, if I remember right. What a cheapskate.[/quote]

I knew it was the highest at the time. But wasn`t sure if it still was.
And didn`t feel like searching to find out. But yeah, your point still stands.

All Mike Brown cares about is money. That`s why he won`t pay great players,
and the Bengals have the highest ticket prices in the NFL ! Oh wait.. That`s
not the case. So exactly why is he the worst Owner then ? Is it because
of the way things were over 5 years ago ? Hell, using that logic, 5 years ago Carson wasn`t
even an NFL QB. So I guess he isn`t a great one now. :wacko:

(And no I`m not calling Mike Brown great. But to say he is the worst
Owner is so 90`s and asinine . . . )

[quote name='oldschooler' post='506779' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:44 PM']I knew it was the highest at the time. But wasn`t sure if it still was.
And didn`t feel like searching to find out. But yeah, your point still stands.
All Mike Brown cares about is money. That`s why he won`t pay great players,
and the Bengals have the highest ticket prices in the NFL ! Oh wait.. That`s
not the case. So exactly why is he the worst Owner then ? Is it because
of the way things were over 5 years ago ? Hell, using that logic, 5 years ago Carson wasn`t
even an NFL QB. So I guess he isn`t a great one now. :wacko:
(And no I`m not calling Mike Brown great. But to say he is the worst
Owner is so 90`s and asinine . . . )[/quote]
I'm with you. I don't think he's the best, or the worst. But at least since he's brought Marvin on board, I'd have a very difficult time complaining about the way the team has been run...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='506771' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:33 PM']Mike Brown has given Marvin 2 contract extensions.
He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on state of the art video and workout equipment.
He paid Carson (the highest contract in Bengals history) to be a Bengal til 2014.
He made sure that Big Willie will retire a Bengal.
He paid Chad (even when he didn`t have to). He paid TJ, Rudi, Jeremi Johnson, Bobbie Williams and Reggie Kelly.
He basically made sure our high powered Offense would stay intact through their prime.

And the only Bengal player to record double digit sacks in over a decade, was locked up
long term just recently.
Oh, and the Bengals are some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

Wow, what a shitty owner he is . . .[/quote]

[size=7][b]87-164[/b][/size]

What a great owner :rolleyes:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Storm' post='506876' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:25 PM'][size=7][b]87-164[/b][/size]

What a great owner :rolleyes:[/quote]

Wow, I bet you have that stat memorized don`t ya ?
Impressive. :boring:

Anyway, excuse me Mr. MBS alumni, but who said he was "great" ?
And what the fuck does that record have to do with anything I listed ?

Now remember this number [size=7][b]35-29[/b][/size]. It`s the Bengals regular season
record the past 4 years.

I already asked why is he the worst Owner NOW ?
Is it because of his past, and not the present ?

Obviously he has changed how he does things.
The Bengals have went from a laughing stock to a legit contender.

So I`ll say this again too . . . to say he is the worst Owner RIGHT NOW is so 90`s,
and very asinine.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='506882' date='Jul 3 2007, 12:51 AM']Wow, I bet you have that stat memorized don`t ya ?

Now remember this number [size=7][b]35-29[/b][/size]. It`s the Bengals regular season
record the past 4 years.

So I`ll say this again too . . . to say he is the worst Owner RIGHT NOW is so 90`s,
and very asinine.[/quote]

[size=6][b]0-1[/b][/size]

Playoff record the last 20 years [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='506882' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:51 PM']Wow, I bet you have that stat memorized don`t ya ?

record the past 4 years.

and very asinine.[/quote]

If Mike Clown ISN'T the worst owner, the who the fuck is?

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Storm' post='506886' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:02 PM'][size=6][b]0-1[/b][/size]

Playoff record the last 20 years [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img][/quote]

Ummm they went to a Super Bowl less than 20 years ago. . . [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Obviously you`re basing your opinion off of records.

So Daniel Snyder is a top 5 Owner ? He is on this list.

The Texans haven`t had a winning record in their history.
Yet their Owner is listed at #7 on this list.

I could go on . . .

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='506887' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:02 PM']If Mike Clown ISN'T the worst owner, the who the fuck is?[/quote]

I`d say without a doubt it has to be William Clay Ford.
With Al Davis giving him a run for the title . . .

Anyway you guys should join us. It`s the year 2007 NOW. And it`s a great time
to be a Bengals fan . . .

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='oldschooler' post='506892' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:15 PM']I`d say without a doubt it has to be William Clay Ford.[/quote]

Since the year 2000, the Detroit Lions are 24-72 (.250) following the 2006 season,
the worst winning percentage of all 32 NFL teams during that time, and the worst
of any franchise in league history over a comparable period of time since the 21-74 (.221)
mark recorded by the hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1983-88.

Do you see the Bengals name mentioned there ?

Oh yeah, since the year 2000, the Bengals record is 47-65 . . .

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='oldschooler' post='506895' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:26 PM']Since the year 2000, the Detroit Lions are 24-72 (.250) following the 2006 season,
the worst winning percentage of all 32 NFL teams during that time, and the worst
of any franchise in league history over a comparable period of time since the 21-74 (.221)
mark recorded by the hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1983-88.
Do you see the Bengals name mentioned there ?

Oh yeah, since the year 2000, the Bengals record is 47-65 . . .[/quote]

You've got us with 16 more games than them since 2000.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='506911' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:48 PM']You've got us with 16 more games than them since 2000.[/quote]

See, they suck so bad they don`t even play as many games . . . :P

No but really, I got that Lions stat from Matt Millen`s Wikipedia page . . .

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Millen"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Millen[/url]

So I guess I should have said since 2001.

So since 2001, the Lions are (still) 24-72, and the Bengals are 43-53 . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='506914' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:59 PM']See, they suck so bad they don`t even play as many games . . . :P
No but really, I got that Lions stat from Matt Millen`s Wikipedia page . . .

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Millen"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Millen[/url]

So I guess I should have said since 2001.

So since 2001, the Lions are (still) 24-72, and the Bengals are 43-53 . . .[/quote]
The Lions actually made the playoffs six times in the years from 1990-2000. Yeah, they only won the first round game once in 1991 against the Boys, (their first playoff win since 1957), but they were there.
I know, they suck really bad now, and have under Millen's tenure, but...they still made the playoffs a bunch of times during the Bengals Dark Era.
Which means nothing now, just fyi.
:lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='506725' date='Jul 2 2007, 01:56 PM']While Im not going to go out and say Brown is a great owner, former cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson was once quoted as saying... "I'd sign Charles Manson if he could run a 4.3 forty." So this whole "off feild stuff" is overblown.[/quote]

Jimmy Johnson also won a superbowl

Uh, how am I not surprised nobody mentioning the Hitler comment by MFB. I guess you all are on his side and Hitlers? Uh, oldschooler, let's keep to subject at hand and let's evaluate MFB's record with being in charge of the Bengals and not stretch out to his father.

Trust me, there are some terrible owners out there, but nobody matches MFB's record and if not for his daughter getting ML in here than I think we would be worst off for sure.

Keep kissing his arse, I love seeing fans like you babble on. BengalBacker and others can join in. I love a great laugh! :lol:

Archived