Thurman Decision Today?

[quote]Thurman decision today?

Though agent Safarrah Lawson said just minutes ago that he has heard nothing from the league about the possible resinstatement of client Odell Thurman -- "The silence has been defeaning," Lawson said -- sources inside the Bengals organization anticipate that today could be the day when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sends word of his decision. It would start with a call from the commissioner to team president Mike Brown and coach Marvin Lewis.

Also, the club expects to announce no signings today of any of its draft picks.

Players report Thursday.

The first training camp practice is Friday at 3 p.m.[/quote]

[quote name='Masher Snake' post='514493' date='Jul 23 2007, 12:39 PM']So if they deny him are we just gonna sit here and take it?[/quote]

Are we even sure the Bengals WANT him back? We all assume that he'll be welcomed back with open arms; what if Marvin/Mike are fed up and want to cut their losses? Hell for all we know, they called Goodell and asked him NOT to reinstate Odell.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='514506' date='Jul 23 2007, 02:04 PM']Are we even sure the Bengals WANT him back? We all assume that he'll be welcomed back with open arms; what if Marvin/Mike are fed up and want to cut their losses? Hell for all we know, they called Goodell and asked him NOT to reinstate Odell.[/quote]

I have to believe they would want him back,and in this situation,what losses are there to cut?

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='514506' date='Jul 23 2007, 02:04 PM']Are we even sure the Bengals WANT him back? We all assume that he'll be welcomed back with open arms; what if Marvin/Mike are fed up and want to cut their losses? Hell for all we know, they called Goodell and asked him NOT to reinstate Odell.[/quote]

Am I SURE they want him back? Cant give you a confirmed answer on that one but he has gone thru the programs designed for alcoholics...

His girlfriend just had their second child and he says he wants to be a family man now.

He's gone to different youth football camps and lectured the kids on pitfalls such as his.

He seems to be doing all the right things..

Id have to think that Lewis would give him ONE more chance at turning his life around and help in the linebacking rotation this season.

They are all so tied up with the Mike Vick thing, they forgot about Odell. I hope he doesn't fuck Odell over and make him wait until half way through training camp to reinstate him. He needs practice ASAP if he is going to be on the field.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='514576' date='Jul 23 2007, 04:21 PM']They are all so tied up with the Mike Vick thing, they forgot about Odell. I hope he doesn't fuck Odell over and make him wait until half way through training camp to reinstate him. He needs practice ASAP if he is going to be on the field.[/quote]

i wouldnt be completely surprised to see odell get reinstated half way through training camp. 2-3 days before out first preseason game. a last warning/fuck off to him and the bengals and a message to the miscreants. and honestly it will give marvin a good excuse not to start odell come week 1, maybe even week 2, but i think no matter what, odell starts be week 3-4...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='514580' date='Jul 23 2007, 02:26 PM']i wouldnt be completely surprised to see odell get reinstated half way through training camp. 2-3 days before out first preseason game. a last warning/fuck off to him and the bengals and a message to the miscreants. and honestly it will give marvin a good excuse not to start odell come week 1, maybe even week 2, but i think no matter what, odell starts be week 3-4...[/quote]
Is there some kind of a rule or agreement with the Player's Union or something that a reinstatement for a suspension has to occur within a certain amount of time after the suspension is completed?

Looks like we'll have to wait at least until tomorrow now...

[quote][size=4][b]Thurman call now unlikely today[/b][/size]

Reversing field on an earlier possibility that the NFL would announce its decision whether to reinstate Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman today, it now appears like that move will wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.

"Nothing to report on Odell," a league spokesman wrote this afternoon in an e-mail.

Thurman applied for reinstatement early last month from his year-long suspension for a third violation of the NFL substance abuse policy. He previously had been suspended for a second violation, and his third offense was a DUI on Sept. 25.

The Bengals might wait to announce Thurman's reinstatement at their annual pre-training camp luncheon Tuesday over the noon hour at Paul Brown Stadium. A decision is expected to come from the league in time for Thurman -- should he be reinstated -- to report on time to training camp Thursday. The Bengals' first practice is 3 p.m. Friday.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2007/07/thurman-call-now-unlikely-today.asp"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...ikely-today.asp[/url]

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='514604' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:44 PM']Looks like we'll have to wait at least until tomorrow now...
[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2007/07/thurman-call-now-unlikely-today.asp"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...ikely-today.asp[/url][/quote]

Goodell! You tease.

[quote name='clydes3' post='514571' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:11 PM']why wouldn't they want Odell back, at this point he has nothing but upside[/quote]

I don't know...maybe they remember how Stanley Wilson got trashed the night before the Super Bowl and let the team down. Odell is dumb enough to do the same thing.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='514640' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:10 PM']I don't know...maybe they remember how Stanley Wilson got trashed the night before the Super Bowl and let the team down. Odell is dumb enough to do the same thing.[/quote]
I actually wouldn't care if he helped get us there and then did that...as long as we have #9 and we're in the Big Game, I like our chances....

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='514640' date='Jul 23 2007, 05:10 PM']I don't know...maybe they remember how Stanley Wilson got trashed the night before the Super Bowl and let the team down. Odell is dumb enough to do the same thing.[/quote]

according to what? a sole dui and some missed tests?

awful strong opinion with such little facts about ones personality.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='514650' date='Jul 23 2007, 04:24 PM']according to what? a sole dui and some missed tests?

awful strong opinion with such little facts out ones personality.[/quote]

I dunno...a DUI while you are already serving a 4 game suspension sounds pretty stupid\weak. Not quit as bad as what Wilson did but stupid none the less.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='514646' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:14 PM']:contract: Be careful what you wish for :contract:[/quote]
Not wishing it....just mentally preparing for all the possibilities of how our Super Bowl run will play out this year!

Archived