ROGER GOODELL = the Cock Sucking STEELER FAN

Here is that copy an pasty shit:

Your continued donations keep Wikipedia running!
Roger Goodell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Roger Goodell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the National Football League
In office
September 1, 2006 – Present
Preceded by Paul Tagliabue
Succeeded by Incumbent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Goodell (born February 19, 1959 in Jamestown, New York[1]) is the Commissioner of the National Football League, having been chosen to succeed the retiring Paul Tagliabue on August 8, 2006. He was chosen over four finalists for the position, winning a close vote on the fifth ballot before being unanimously approved by acclamation of the owners.[2][3] He officially began his tenure on September 1, 2006, just prior to the beginning of the 2006 NFL season.[4]

Contents [hide]
1 Background
2 NFL career
2.1 From intern to COO
2.2 NFL commissioner
2.3 Actions as commissioner
2.3.1 Players suspended by Goodell
3 Personal
4 Notes

[edit] Background
Goodell was born in Jamestown, New York and is the son of the late United States Senator Charles Goodell (R-NY).

The Goodell family moved to Bronxville, New York, in 1971, where Roger graduated from high school. A three-sport star for Bronxville High School in football, basketball, and baseball, Goodell captained all three teams as a senior and was named the athlete of the year at Bronxville High.[5]

Goodell is a 1981 graduate of Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Pennsylvania with a degree in economics.[1][6][7]

[edit] NFL career

[edit] From intern to COO
Goodell's career in the National Football League began in 1982 as an administrative intern in the league office in New York under then-Commissioner Pete Rozelle - a position secured through an extensive letter-writing campaign to the league office and each of its then 28 teams. In 1983, he joined the New York Jets as an intern, but returned to the league office in 1984 as an assistant in the public relations department.

In 1987, Goodell was appointed assistant to the president of the American Football Conference (Lamar Hunt), and under the tutelage of Commissioner Paul Tagliabue filled a variety of football and business operations roles, culminating with his appointment as the NFL's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in December 2001.

As the NFL's COO, Goodell took responsibility for the league's football operations and officiating, as well as supervised league business functions. He headed NFL Ventures, which oversees the league's business units, including media properties, marketing and sales, stadium development and strategic planning.

Goodell was heavily involved in the negotiation of the league's current collective bargaining agreement. He had worked extensively with Tagliabue since the latter became commissioner in 1989.[4] He has played an extensive role in league expansion, realignment, and stadium development, including the launch of the NFL Network and securing new television agreements as well as the latest collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players Association.

[edit] NFL commissioner
Goodell's selection as Commissioner following the retirement of Paul Tagliabue came as no surprise, but it was not a fait accompli. Tagliabue initiated a substantive, wide ranging search for his successor, appointing a committee headed by owners Jerry Richardson of the Carolina Panthers and Dan Rooney of the pissburgh Steelers.

Goodell was one of five finalists, joining Gregg Levy, Frederick Nance, Robert Reynolds, and Mayo Shattuck III. With 22 votes from the owners being needed to make a choice, Goodell, who oddsmakers had installed as a prohibitive 2:5 favorite to be selected, only garnered 15 votes to Levy's 13, with three votes scattered among the other candidates and the Oakland Raiders abstaining.

On the second and third ballots, Goodell and Levy were the only candidates to receive votes (Goodell 17, Levy 14). Goodell increased his lead to 21-10 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority.[3] The Oakland Raiders abstained from the voting in each round.

Goodell was chosen on August 8, 2006 to succeed Paul Tagliabue and assumed office on September 1—the date Tagliabue set to leave office.

[edit] Actions as commissioner
For more details on Roger Goodell's actions on NFL player conduct, see National Football League player conduct controversy.
In November 2006, Goodell stated "I don't know if it will become a reality, but it is certainly a possibility," in regard to expanding outside the US.[8]

In April 2007, following a year in which players' problems off the field were at an all-time high, Goodell announced a new NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones and Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry were the first two players to be suspended under the new policy. Jones was banned from the league for one year, while Henry was suspended for 8 games.[9]

[edit] Players suspended by Goodell
As of June 25, 2007, Commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended three NFL players concerning their off-field conduct.

Date Suspended Suspension Length Name Position Team
April 10, 2007 Entire 2007 season (16 games) Adam "Pacman" Jones Cornerback Tennessee Titans
First 8 games of 2007 season Chris Henry Wide receiver Cincinnati Bengals
June 4, 2007 Terry "Tank" Johnson Defensive tackle Chicago Bears*

*: Johnson was released by the Chicago Bears on June 25.

[edit] Personal
Goodell is married to Fox News Channel anchor Jane Skinner[10] and they have twin daughters. He has four brothers; among them are Tim, a member of the worldwide executive committee of international law firm White & Case; and Michael, long-time partner of Jack Kenny, creator of the short-lived NBC series The Book of Daniel. The Goodell family was the inspiration for the Webster family on the show.[11]

[edit] Notes
^ a b Action for Healthy Kids Board of Directors. ActionForHealthyKids.org. Retrieved on 2006-12-17.
^ Matuszewski, Erik, and Curtis Eichelberger. "NFL Picks Goodell, Once an Intern, as Commissioner", Bloomberg.com, 2006-08-08. Retrieved on 2006-08-08.
^ a b Maske, Mark. "Commissioner Vote Was Close", blog.washingtonpost.com, August 2008. Retrieved on 2007-01-06.
^ a b Goldberg, Dave. "Roger Goodell chosen to succeed Paul Tagliabue as NFL commissioner", CBC.ca, 2006-08-08. Retrieved on 2006-08-09.
^ "Roger Goodell named NFL Commissioner", Scout.com, 2006-08-09. Retrieved on 2006-08-09.
^ King, Peter. "Goodell named new commissioner", Sports Illustrated online, 2006-08-08. Retrieved on 2006-08-08.
^ "New commissioner joined NFL in 1982", ESPN.com, 2006-08-08. Retrieved on 2006-08-08.
^ O'Connor, Joe. "NFL commissioner eyes Toronto", National Post via Canada.com, 2006-11-30. Retrieved on 2006-12-17.
^ "NFL Goodell suspends Pacman for year; Henry for 8 games", ESPN via espn.com, 2007-04-10. Retrieved on 2007-04-10.
^ Schefter, Adam. "Goodell now comes to the forefront", NFL.com, 2006-08-08. Retrieved on 2006-08-08.
^ Sepinwall, Alan. "TV's New Religious Saga", Beliefnet. Retrieved on 2006-12-17.

Preceded by
Paul Tagliabue Commissioner of the National Football League
2006-present Succeeded by
Incumbent
NFL Commissioners and presidents
1920-1921: Jim Thorpe | 1921-1939: Joseph Carr | 1939-1941: Carl Storck | 1941-1946: Elmer Layden | 1946-1959: Bert Bell | 1959-1960: Austin Gunsel | 1960-1989: Pete Rozelle | 1989-2006: Paul Tagliabue | 2006-present: Roger Goodell

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell"
Categories: National Football League commissioners | 1959 births | Living people | American football executives | People from Jamestown, New York | Washington & Jefferson College people

ViewsArticle Discussion Edit this page History Personal toolsSign in / create account Navigation
Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
interaction
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
File upload wizard
Contact Wikipedia
Make a donation
Help
Search
Toolbox
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link
Cite this article
In other languages
Italiano
Suomi

This page was last modified 00:22, 29 July 2007. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. (See Copyrights for details.)
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a US-registered 501©(3) tax-deductible nonprofit charity.
Privacy policy About Wikipedia Disclaimers

You're forgetting another very important incident.

Would it have been swept under the rug if the Bengals team doctor had been busted buying $150,000 worth of steroids?

That whole thing was barely a blip in sports news, when it should have been major news with major investigations by the league. Rooney basically just said, it wasn't for our players. What the fuck ever. Who believes that? Yet Goodell successfully just swept it right under the rug.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518484' date='Jul 29 2007, 04:24 PM']You're forgetting another very important incident.

Would it have been swept under the rug if the Bengals team doctor had been busted buying $150,000 worth of steroids?

That whole thing was barely a blip in sports news, when it should have been major news with major investigations by the league. Rooney basically just said, it wasn't for our players. What the fuck ever. Who believes that? Yet Goodell successfully just swept it right under the rug.[/quote]
Hrmmmm... in this case, I've got a conspiracy theory of my own.

Steroids shrink your winky, men with little winkys drive big/fast bikes/cars.

No wonder Ben drives a crotch rocket! He's got little weiner syndrome!!!

Although from all the whining he does it'd be more likely he's taking female hormone supplements :lol:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518484' date='Jul 29 2007, 04:24 PM']You're forgetting another very important incident.

That whole thing was barely a blip in sports news, when it should have been major news with major investigations by the league. Rooney basically just said, it wasn't for our players. What the fuck ever. Who believes that? Yet Goodell successfully just swept it right under the rug.[/quote]

I can't recall, but was that under Goodell's watch, or Tagliabu's (sp?).

[quote name='Cricket' post='518520' date='Jul 29 2007, 07:13 PM']I can't recall, but was that under Goodell's watch, or Tagliabu's (sp?).[/quote]

Well, this article is from March 3rd of this year.

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17437202/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17437202/[/url]

This is really about the only statement Rooney ever made that I recall.

[b]“There is no evidence that Dr. Rydze prescribed or provided any hormone treatments to any of our players. Dr. Rydze has assured me that this has never happened and will never happen,” Art Rooney II, the team’s president, said this week.[/b]

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_495525.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_495525.html[/url]

[b]According to Sports Illustrated, Steelers owners Dan Rooney and Art Rooney II knew he purchased testosterone and human growth hormone online.

"The Rooneys are aware that I do this. ... I mean, they have my trust that I would never do this with an athlete," Rydze said, according to Sports Illustrated.[/b]

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='518496' date='Jul 29 2007, 05:06 PM']Hrmmmm... in this case, I've got a conspiracy theory of my own.

Steroids shrink your winky, men with little winkys drive big/fast bikes/cars.

No wonder Ben drives a crotch rocket! He's got little weiner syndrome!!!
Although from all the whining he does it'd be more likely he's taking female hormone supplements :lol:[/quote]
:lol: dinky Mr. Winky.....too much!

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='517129' date='Jul 26 2007, 08:58 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]

You see Rooney is friends with [color="#0000FF"][u]pissburgh City Mayor Luke Ravenstahl.[/u][/color] A Devout Steeler Fan himself who even almost got arrested outside of Heinz Field in 2005 while Drunk. [/b][/size][/font]

----> [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07019/755128-53.stm"]LINK[/url]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/BatCountry/good9.jpg[/img][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/BatCountry/good8.jpg[/img][/center]
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][center][size=4]Now how is this relevant ??? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img][/size][/center]

:contract: Well ... Mayor Luke Ravenstahl knew who would be the perfect Commissioner. His friend and college classmate Roger Goodell.

You see Roger Goodell and pissburgh mayor Luke Ravenstahl both attended Washington and Jefferson College outside of pissburgh and both were on the football team together and served as honorary co-captains for Washington & Jefferson's homecoming game versus Westminster. [/b][/size][/font][color="#FF0000"]--->[/color] [url="http://www.footballfoundation.com/news.php?id=991"]LINK[/url][/quote]
goodell is 46(?) and the mayor is 26(?). I doubt they were "on the football team [i]together[/i]" and were "college classmates".

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='518632' date='Jul 29 2007, 10:17 PM']goodell is 46(?) and the mayor is 26(?). I doubt they were "on the football team [i]together[/i]" and were "college classmates".[/quote]

The mayor of pissburgh is 26? Who is he, Alexander the Great?

I guess that makes Goodell Hephaestion.

[quote name='Actium' post='518640' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:36 PM']The mayor of pissburgh is 26? Who is he, Alexander the Great?

I guess that makes Goodell Hephaestion.[/quote]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Ravenstahl"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Ravenstahl[/url]

I guess he's 27 now...

Goodell is going to be in for a rough ride when Michael Vick's trial begins in November. I got some inside information about his case today and it's astounding. When the information becomes public, Goodell is going to have some really tough choices to make and it is going to shake up the NFL. Goodell is going to be in charge of a major NFL scandal and how he can continue to play the heavy with Odell is beyond me. In fact, Odell is going to look like a choir boy when this is over. Taking a hardass approach to Odell may come back and bite Goodell in the ass.

And how Michael Vick could have stood before a judge and plead "Not Guilty" is amazing. There is a taped phone conversation (one of many) of Vick telling someone how to dispose of a dog who not only lost a fight but cost him some big bucks.

One other thing that surprises me is, if I got this information so easily, how could Goodell, who has far better connections than I, not have known at least some of the facts? But ... just in case he doesn't .. I hope he keeps the Mylanta, Tums or whatever he takes for indigestion and heartburn handy because he is going to need it.

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='518632' date='Jul 29 2007, 11:17 PM']goodell is 46(?) and the mayor is 26(?). I doubt they were "on the football team [i]together[/i]" and were "college classmates".[/quote]

[color="#4169E1"][b]TYPO ... it should have read ... [/b][/color]

[size=3][font="Arial Narrow"][quote]:contract: Well ... Mayor Luke Ravenstahl knew who would be the perfect Commissioner. His friend and [b]fellow college alum[/b] Roger Goodell.[/quote][/font][/size]

[color="#4169E1"][b]and has since been fixed and does not change the allegation any. B) [/b][/color]

[quote name='BengalMom' post='518674' date='Jul 30 2007, 02:12 AM']Goodell is going to be in for a rough ride when Michael Vick's trial begins in November. I got some inside information about his case today and it's astounding. When the information becomes public, Goodell is going to have some really tough choices to make and [b]it is going to shake up the NFL. [/b] [b]Goodell is going to be in charge of a major NFL scandal [/b]and how he can continue to play the heavy with Odell is beyond me. In fact, Odell is going to look like a choir boy when this is over. Taking a hardass approach to Odell may come back and bite Goodell in the ass.

And how Michael Vick could have stood before a judge and plead "Not Guilty" is amazing. There is a taped phone conversation (one of many) of Vick telling someone how to dispose of a dog who not only lost a fight but cost him some big bucks.

One other thing that surprises me is, if I got this information so easily, how could Goodell, who has far better connections than I, not have known at least some of the facts? But ... just in case he doesn't .. I hope he keeps the Mylanta, Tums or whatever he takes for indigestion and heartburn handy because he is going to need it.[/quote]

how so? Are other players/personnel involved? Please elaborate.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='518761' date='Jul 30 2007, 10:54 AM']and has since been fixed and does not change the allegation any.[/quote]
I'm on board with this thought process - I just want it as clean and accurate as possible, ya know?

Good information, well thought out presentation with links provided as undeniable truth.

[quote name='BengalMom' post='518674' date='Jul 30 2007, 06:12 AM']Goodell is going to be in for a rough ride when Michael Vick's trial begins in November. I got some inside information about his case today and it's astounding. When the information becomes public, Goodell is going to have some really tough choices to make and it is going to shake up the NFL. Goodell is going to be in charge of a major NFL scandal and how he can continue to play the heavy with Odell is beyond me. In fact, Odell is going to look like a choir boy when this is over. Taking a hardass approach to Odell may come back and bite Goodell in the ass.

One other thing that surprises me is, if I got this information so easily, how could Goodell, who has far better connections than I, not have known at least some of the facts? But ... just in case he doesn't .. I hope he keeps the Mylanta, Tums or whatever he takes for indigestion and heartburn handy because he is going to need it.[/quote]

Hope no Bengals are a part of this :o

Let me guess [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

Since Vicks investigation started originally as a drug investigation my guess is a large scale drug and dog fighting enterprise by many popular NFL players ?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='518775' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:16 AM']how so? Are other players/personnel involved? Please elaborate.[/quote]

Other players ... I only caught a few names and some names I didn't even recognize. The feds came in because the Commonwealth's Attorney wouldn't investigate. Nor would the sheriff. I guess the name Vick scared them off.

[quote name='Storm' post='518949' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:34 PM']Hope no Bengals are a part of this :o

Let me guess [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

Since Vicks investigation started originally as a drug investigation my guess is a large scale drug and dog fighting enterprise by many popular NFL players ?[/quote]

Of all the names I did hear, no Bengals were a part of it. They're still investigating and drugs seem to have become secondary to the dog fighting and interstate gambling operation. I was told this is going to be huge and the key to everything is Vick. He's the biggest target right now because he owned the property, bought the dogs, ran the kennel and provided the funding.

My information is from someone very close to the investigation but not close enough to have all the pertinent details. Since this is an ongoing investigation, they're keeping the lid on certain information or so I heard.

[quote name='JimPgh' post='520855' date='Aug 3 2007, 01:22 AM']What a bunch of whining babies. Yinz deserve to have a team that's won 0, as in ZERO, SBs.
Of course what can you expect when half the team's suspended or in jail.[/quote]

Yinz ... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

God you people are too much. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

• 1 month later...
Oh My God!

I cannot believe that this information hasn't been made public! The whole league should know about this sinister connection and malevolent agenda that Rooney and Goodell have going. This is an outrage!

I bet if we dig deeper, we can find sinister connections even higher up... I wouldn't doubt for a moment that sinister Ronney has links to the CIA and that the foul play goes all the way to the top... and I mean all the way!

There simply is no other reasonable explanation for why the b u n g l e s stink so badly year in and year out.

[quote name='Gangtieren' post='554386' date='Sep 22 2007, 10:44 PM']Oh My God!

I cannot believe that this information hasn't been made public! The whole league should know about this sinister connection and malevolent agenda that Rooney and Goodell have going. This is an outrage!

I bet if we dig deeper, we can find sinister connections even higher up... I wouldn't doubt for a moment that sinister Ronney has links to the CIA and that the foul play goes all the way to the top... and I mean all the way!

There simply is no other reasonable explanation for why the b u n g l e s stink so badly year in and year out.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Archived