THE MOST ACCURATE AND REALISTIC COMMENTARY ABOUT MIKE VICK

ONYX

[quote name='oldschooler' post='524070' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:32 AM']Why do people keep trying to tie in a relation between human treatment and animal treatment ?

No one is saying that beating a pregnant dog is worse than beating a pregnant woman.
No one is saying killing a dog or puppy is worse than killing a human or a baby.

Vick isn`t just accused by his local police department of abusing 1 dog.
He`s accused by the Federal Government of running and funding an
organized crime ring, in which many dogs were breed to fight, were gambled on
and were tortured and killed.

If Vick was accused by the Federal Government of the same crimes against Humans,
he would be in a whole hell of a lot more shit than what he is in now. He would be
be in jail facing the Death Penalty. Not in his Mansion facing 6 years in Prison.
And yes, he would definitely be shunned by Companies that had sponsored him.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Again, I am not defending of justifying Vick's actions but I am just pointing out,
there are huge discrepancies in the way the league, the media, the public and
the sponsors are treating Vick now as opposed to how thay treated other athletes
who have done worse things in the not so far distant past.

Ray Lewis was smack dab in the middle of a double homocide investigation. Two
people were stabbed to death and his friends were the prime suspects. Ray Lewis
was guilty of obstructing justice because he lied to the police.

Nobody goes to jail for the murders.

A year later, his team wins the Super Bowl, he's on the cover of Madden and the
media and sponsors have been on his nuts ever since.

Now, does this absolve Vick for what he is accused of doing? Ofcourse not. But
when you compare the two cases, you would think it would have been the sponsors
of Lewis not Vick, wanting to distance themselves. It would have been the media
calling for the head of Lewis not Vick as far as getting suspended.

This is what I mean when I say the media picks and chooses who the face of evil
should be and the masses never lets them down.

If organizing an illegal dog fighting ring is worthy of all this public damnation, then the
next athlete who is accused of rape, accused of assaulting a woman, accused of firing
a gun at somebody,or any athlete accused of causing harm to anyone should face at
the very least, the same kind of scrutiny Vick is facing now.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='524093' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:02 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Again, I am not defending of justifying Vick's actions but I am just pointing out,
the sponsors are treating Vick now as opposed to how thay treated other athletes

If organizing an illegal dog fighting ring is worthy of all this public damnation, then the
next athlete who is accused of rape, accused of assaulting a woman, accused of firing
a gun at somebody,or any athlete accused of causing harm to anyone should face at
the very least, the same kind of scrutiny Vick is facing now.[/b][/color][/quote]

Next time that happens, Get your "Free Michael Vick" group together and go protest outside of whatever sponsors they have, appeal to the media, etc...

[quote name='sneaky' post='524093' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:02 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Again, I am not defending of justifying Vick's actions but I am just pointing out,

the very least, the same kind of scrutiny Vick is facing now.[/b][/color][/quote]

Ray Lewis was not the star that Michael Vick is. Vick transcends football.. I don't remember Ray Lewis Experience commercials prior to his arrest. I can't think of one endorsement deal.

What exactly HAS happened to Vick that is so outrageous? So far all that has happened is he has lost sponsors.. As was mentioned before, the same thing happend to Kobe, and Imus. Imus wasn't even accused of commiting a crime. Not that I think what he did was innocent, personally I'm glad the old racist fuck is out of a job... But I don't disagree with that is happening to Vick either.

Now if they set some huge bond and threw him in jail or kicked him out of the NFL, the whole "outrageous response" argument would have some merit.

[quote name='sneaky' post='524093' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:02 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]

If that player is accused of beating/raping many women or harming
many people, and is indicted by a Federal Court, you can bet your
ass that they will draw even MORE scutiny. ECSPECIALLY
if they are a Super Star that was the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Like Lucid said, this isn`t some scrub. And he isn`t being
accused of some crime by 1 person, that could be some
money syphoning whore. The media didn`t make this
case, the Feds did. The media picked up on it, and
covered it so much not only because of the crimes,
but because of who it is. Do you really think if
it was Payton Manning, Tom Brady or Carson Palmer
that was accused of the same thing by the Feds, that
it would get any less air play? I sure as hell don`t.

[quote name='Lucid' post='524100' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:13 AM']Ray Lewis was not the star that Michael Vick is. Vick transcends football.. I don't remember Ray Lewis Experience commercials prior to his arrest. I can't think of one endorsement deal.

What exactly HAS happened to Vick that is so outrageous? So far all that has happened is he has lost sponsors.. As was mentioned before, the same thing happend to Kobe, and Imus. Imus wasn't even accused of commiting a crime. Not that I think what he did was innocent, personally I'm glad the old racist fuck is out of a job... But I don't disagree with that is happening to Vick either.

Now if they set some huge bond and threw him in jail or kicked him out of the NFL, the whole "outrageous response" argument would have some merit.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]We are talking about the murder of two human beings here. Ray Lewis was not the "name" Vick was,
but it wasn't like he was some unknown football player. If you knew anything about football back then, (2000)
you would have known who Ray Lewis was.

Ray Lewis probably didn't help kill those two people, but I'm sure he could have prevented it, but believe me, Ray Lewis knows who killed those two people. The victims were probably
thugs, gangsters and lowlifes but they were human and they had the right to live.

You say you dont remember the "Ray Lewis experience" commercials, and you arr right. Before
the murder of those two men, Lewis had few national sponsors if any. After his lies, and after his
team won the Super Bowl that changed dramatically.

You see, even though the two who were murdered, probably was never going to amount to shit,
they still had famillies. They were somebody's sons and they were somebody's siblings. And those
somebodys have since watched the only man that could shed the truth on what happened that night
to their loved ones, be made into a football god by the media and sponsors.

The same media and sponsors that are now condemning Vick for exploiting and abusing dogs.

If you cant find the hyprocracy in that then you never will.

If the fact that Leonard Little and Ray Lewis are still playing in the NFL after directly or indirectly
causing the deaths of 3 people and at the same time, Michael Vick's career is in doubt because of dog fighting
does nt sound outrageous to you, then quite frankly it is you, "who sounds like a idiot" to me.[/b][/color]

The Vick story is quickly getting old, bottom line, if he's guilty he deserves what he gets. I have no pitty for him and for the life of me I can't understand why some of you have a bleeding heart for this guy. Ray Ray, or Kobe, or nobody else has absolutely anything to do with this case-they're irrelevent. Just cause Vick might be being treated differently than them, so fucking what? He has one person to blame for his actions and that is him.

[quote name='sneaky' post='524127' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:58 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]We are talking about the murder of two human beings here. Ray Lewis was not the "name" Vick was,
but it wasn't like he was some unknown football player. If you knew anything about football back then, (2000)
you would have known who Ray Lewis was.

Ray Lewis probably didn't help kill those two people, but I'm sure he could have prevented it, but believe me, Ray Lewis knows who killed those two people. The victims were probably
thugs, gangsters and lowlifes but they were human and they had the right to live.

You say you dont remember the "Ray Lewis experience" commercials, and you arr right. Before
the murder of those two men, Lewis had few national sponsors if any. After his lies, and after his
team won the Super Bowl that changed dramatically.

You see, even though the two who were murdered, probably was never going to amount to shit,
they still had famillies. They were somebody's sons and they were somebody's siblings. And those
somebodys have since watched the only man that could shed the truth on what happened that night
to their loved ones, be made into a football god by the media and sponsors.

The same media and sponsors that are now condemning Vick for exploiting and abusing dogs.

If you cant find the hyprocracy in that then you never will.

If the fact that Leonard Little and Ray Lewis are still playing in the NFL after directly or indirectly
causing the deaths of 3 people and at the same time, Michael Vick's career is in doubt because of dog fighting
does nt sound outrageous to you, then quite frankly it is you, "who sounds like a idiot" to me.[/b][/color][/quote]

First, please show me where I have stated that I thought Ray Lewis got what he deserved before saying I sound like an idiot.

Secondly, like I said before, all that has happened to Vick is he has lost endorsement deals, and been ASKED not to report to training camp (which BTW, the Falcons were planning to suspend him before the NFL stepped in).

Ray Lewis didn't have any endorsement deals to lose, and the incident happend in the offseason. By the time football season had started the legal process had concluded and Ray had plead to obstructing justice.

ALso, you should get your facts straight before you flame someone's opinion. Ray was involved in an incident involving [b]2[/b] people [b]NOT[/b] 3. Also, he [b]DID[/b] testify against the 2 people the police tried for murder (this was the reason Ray got a plea deal). So all this crap about how he should "uncover the truth" about the murder is straight from your asshole.. No one will know if he DID have a part in the killing, but he DID testify as to who did.

At the time it was believed Rays career was over just like Vick now. It's possible that Vick will be found not guilty (or Plea) and his career will be just fine. In fact, I would bet that if his career is not over, and he plays well enough, he will have the chance to return to his status in the public eye, and get his endorsements back (just like Kobe).

Also, I happen to think that running a felony dog fighting/gambling ring for years is worse than witnessing a murder, not wanting to cooperate, but eventually doing so (which is what Lewis is OFFICIALLY guilty of doing).

Also, it remains uncertain if Lewis would have been treated so leniently by Goodell..

It's becoming apparant that you really aren't bothered by dog fighting at all and don't feel that it's a big deal. Personaly I value life of all kinds, and find the torture of other living things for profit and entertainment to be deplorable and soimething that should be punished. I think Vick should be suspended even if he did nothing worse than run a gambling enterprise (which is also part of the charges)

You seem to be taking this debate rather personally sneaky.. And you have yet to explain why Laci Peterson got so much coverage, or why it is more justified for Imus to lose his job over not commiting a crime than for Vick to lose some endorsement deals while retaining employment for millions with the NFL even though he committed SEVERAL felonies over the course of several years.

Sorry, but you are the one who appears to have bias in this situation.

[quote name='Lucid' post='524178' date='Aug 9 2007, 01:18 PM']Also, it remains uncertain if Lewis would have been treated so leniently by Goodell..[/quote]

OT:

LOL imagine if Ahmad Brooks was booked for murder and Rudi Johnson was busted buying a key in the same year. Goodell would probably give the Bengals organization the death penalty. But of course missing 2 drug tests and 1 probation hearing merits a far worse suspension than what both those Ravens got combined... if you're a Bengal.

[quote name='Lucid' post='524178' date='Aug 10 2007, 02:18 AM'][b]even though he committed SEVERAL felonies over the course of several years[/b].[/quote]

Alledgedly. You forgot that one little word there.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='524196' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:00 PM']Alledgedly. You forgot that one little word there.
MULLY[/quote]

I don't have to.. I'm not a member of the press or justice system. I'm Joe Private Citizen, and I can have any opinion I want. At this point, I think it's a stretch to make a convinving argument that Vick's hands are clean...

Oh, and Barry Bonds took steroids too.

Allegedly.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Dog fighting is part of black culture like cow chip tossin' and 'coon huntin' are part of my "culture".

I have heard of people doing them, but I have never known anyone who does it, and if you ask me, it's some ignorant bullshit.

Besides, I have serious doubts in the validity of any system that nominated you "Speaker for the African American People".

[quote name='Ni66a Witta Attitude' post='524254' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:46 PM']HaHa...Dat Ni66a Michael Vick Wuz On Sum Real Gan6sta Shit, I Think Deez Honkeyz Iz Overreactin About Diz Daw6 Fi6htin Shit, Itz Just A Hobby Fo Ni66az N Shit...Holdin It Down Fo Tha Ni66a Vick!!![/quote]

Well, I'm duly impressed... [b[size=5]]NOT[/size][/b]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='524260' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:48 PM']:rofl:Marcus at this point you've kind of become the joke of this site. More power to you though.[/quote]Shit...I'll Meet Up Wit Chu In Tha Streetz N We'll C About Dat!!![quote name='BengalMom' post='524278' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:56 PM']Well, I'm duly impressed... [b[size=5]]NOT[/size][/b][/quote]Well....I Didn't Ask Fo Ya Opinion Bitch!!!

[quote name='Ni66a Witta Attitude' post='524316' date='Aug 9 2007, 03:13 PM']Shit...I'll Meet Up Wit Chu In Tha Streetz N We'll C About Dat!!![/quote]

You gonna bring your squirt gun? ..... I mean gat.

BBBBLLLLLLAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!

[quote name='Ni66a Witta Attitude' post='524254' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:46 PM']HaHa...Dat Ni66a Michael Vick Wuz On Sum Real Gan6sta Shit, I Think Deez Honkeyz Iz Overreactin About Diz Daw6 Fi6htin Shit, Itz Just A Hobby Fo Ni66az N Shit...Holdin It Down Fo Tha Ni66a Vick!!![/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Ni66a Witta Attitude' post='524316' date='Aug 9 2007, 03:13 PM']Shit...I'll Meet Up Wit Chu In Tha Streetz N We'll C About Dat!!!Well....I Didn't Ask Fo Ya Opinion Bitch!!![/quote]

I'm not a bitch but I can sure be bitchy. I also wonder if you have the gonads to say something like like to me face to face or is that monitor your protection. Sounds more like you are a wannebe thug but all you have going for you is your ability to type out bullshit.

And your sad imitation of a bad boy attitude makes you look and sound ignorant, immature and an asswipe!

[quote name='BengalMom' post='524338' date='Aug 9 2007, 03:24 PM']I'm not a bitch but I can sure be bitchy. I also wonder if you have the gonads to say something like like to me face to face or is that monitor your protection. Sounds more like you are a wannebe thug but all you have going for you is your ability to type out bullshit.

And your sad imitation of a bad boy attitude makes you look and sound ignorant, immature and an asswipe![/quote]

HaHa...U Must Not Heard About Deebo!!! Shit, Ni66az & Bitchez Refer 2 Me Az Deebo / Tookie Jr!!!

Archived