J-Jo & Chatman back in practice

As per Bengals.com.

Glad to see that, and regardless of Brooks zero tackles... after watching the game again I also like the fact that he was in the right place at the right times. He helped the 1st team D to shut out their 1st & 2nd team O.

Good job by a 2nd year guy... I think all he needs is confidence, and then the beast will be unleashed!!!

[quote][size=3][b]Chad, McNeal miss practice [/b][/size]

The Bengals went through a 90-minute practice this afternoon.

Wide receiver Chad Johnson (swollen gland) was not at practice but might return for the Sunday practice. Reggie McNeal is a new father -- his child was both Thursday night during the game -- and he was back in Cincinnati tending to his new child, coach Marvin Lewis said.

Wide receiver Antonio Chatman (groin) returned to practice.

Lewis, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski and running backs coach Jim Anderson all pointed to the other running backs as likely replacement for Kenny Irons, who was lost for the season with an ACL injury Thursday night at Detroit.[/quote]

[quote][size=3][b]CB Joseph back at practice [/b][/size]

The Bengals returned to the practice field this afternoon at 3:45 at Georgetown College.

Second-year cornerback Johnathan Joseph was back on the field for the first time. He apparently has been removed from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. He fractured a bone in his foot during the mandatory minicamp on the first weekend of June.

The Bengals are working in just jerseys and shorts with no pads.

Wide receiver Tab Perry was back on the field after missing more than a week because of team concerns about his hip.

Watching practice on the field were left tackle Levi Jones, fullback Jeremi Johnson, wide receiver Glenn Holt and fullback Stan White.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url]

[quote name='Jason' post='526379' date='Aug 11 2007, 07:03 PM']Good news.
Now we need Levi and Willie.[/quote]

I hope/expect Willie comes in to the fold next week for the 3rd preseason game. Levi worries me. But I have faith in Whit.

[quote name='stinger223' post='526514' date='Aug 12 2007, 02:02 AM']You know what was wierd? Levi was at practice stretching, but Willie was MIA? SUcked that Chad wasn't out there, the only dissappointing part of the day. Managed to get my Caleb Miller & Carson issues of SI signed. It was a great time, but a looong day.[/quote]

yea i got my geathers jersey signed last time i went.. i was happy... great guy. he seemed happy about it too. i want my peko one signed but i gotta wear it...

[quote][size=5][b]Two Bengals excused from practice[/b][/size]

By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Sunday, August 12, 2007

GEORGETOWN, Ky. — Where were Bengals wide receivers Chad Johnson and Reggie McNeal?

That was the buzz among fans who flooded Georgetown College for Saturday's training camp practice.

It turned out both Cincinnati players had excused absences.

"Reggie's got some personal things to take care of — called having a baby," head coach Marvin Lewis said. "He's getting his fiancee out of the hospital (in Cincinnati). The baby's good. She's good. So all is good."

Johnson's story?

"We had Chad at the doctor's (office)," Lewis added. "He's got a swollen gland or whatever. It's not a major news story, so let it go, all right? He'll be fine."

[b]Foot soldier[/b]

Right cornerback Johnathan Joseph practiced for the first time since June 2 when he suffered a broken bone in his left foot at minicamp.

He performed every drill and had no setbacks.

"It's feeling pretty good," he said. "I had a good day of practice, and I'm looking for another good one (today)."

Joseph said he's "really eager" to play in a game.

"At the same time, I've got to think about my team and myself," he added. "I don't want to reinjure my foot, so I'm taking my time."

[b]Numbers game[/b]

Wide receivers Tab Perry (hip), Bennie Brazell (groin) and Antonio Chatman (hamstring) returned to practice after getting medical clearance.

If they're healthy enough to play against New Orleans on Saturday, Chris Henry won't get as many snaps as he received at Detroit. Henry's eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy begins Sept. 3.

[b]'Great opportunity'[/b]

Tailbacks Quincy Wilson and Curtis Brown are scheduled to get more work the next three preseason games in the wake of Kenny Irons' season-ending, left-knee injury.

"Now it's like, 'Pick up your gun and start marching,' " Wilson said. "A guy goes down, and now it's your time to go in and do it. It's a great opportunity."[/quote]

Joseph off of PUP list, practices with Bengals
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Although the Cincinnati Bengals continue to practice without several key players on offense, the defensive unit got a lift this weekend when second-year cornerback Johnathan Joseph was removed from the physically unable to perform list and participated for the first time in training camp workouts.

The team's first-round choice in the 2006 draft, Joseph had been rehabilitating from June surgery to repair a stress fracture in his left foot, an injury that occurred in minicamp.

Joseph, 23, is projected as the Bengals' starting right cornerback.

"It probably took a little longer than we thought it would for him to get back, but he'll be fine, and it shouldn't take him too long to be back 100 percent," coach Marvin Lewis said before the Sunday afternoon practice here. "We've been working him hard on running and conditioning. He's a key guy for us."

A former South Carolina standout, and the 24th player chosen overall in last year's draft, Joseph could be part of a very young Cincinnati secondary. This year's first-round choice, Leon Hall of Michigan, could eventually push eighth-year veteran Deltha O'Neal for the starting job at left cornerback. Another rookie, seventh-round safety Chinedum Ndukwe of Notre Dame, has been a camp standout and is vying for meaningful playing time.

Joseph left the Sunday afternoon practice early to ice his foot and receive treatment, but Cincinnati officials said that was not a setback and just part of what could be a normal routine for a while.

Bengals officials haven't decided yet if Joseph will play in Saturday's second preseason game, against New Orleans, but will closely monitor his progress and make a decision later in the week. The staff began pushing Joseph a bit harder on Sunday, to test him more, and to gauge his level of conditioning.

"I've still got a way to go, but I want to be out there, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get back to full strength," Joseph said.

Joseph saw considerable playing time as a rookie, starting nine games, including the final seven contests of the season. He logged the fifth-most snaps on defense, participating in 799 of 1,066 plays. Joseph finished with 67 tackles and, while he didn't have an interception, he notched a team-high 19 passes defensed.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2971184"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=2971184[/url]

Archived