Injury lists during preseason

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='533533' date='Aug 26 2007, 01:09 AM'][center][img]http://www.mtv.com/news/photos/f/fat_joe_make_rain_060912/a.jpg[/img][/center]

Better grab an umbrella. Fat Joe and I are 'bout to make it rain.

[url="http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Compensatory_damages"]law.cornell.edu[/url]
[url="http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Damages"]law.cornell.edu[/url]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages"]Wikipedia[/url]
[url="http://www.lectlaw.com/def/d004.htm"]lectlaw.com[/url]
[url="http://insurance.cch.com/rupps/compensatory-damages.htm"]insurance.cch.com[/url]
[url="http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=16"]injuryboard.com[/url]
[url="http://www.enotes.com/wests-law-encyclopedia/compensatory-damages"]enotes.com[/url]
[url="http://www.personal-injury-info.net/compensatory-damages.htm"]personal-injury-info.net[/url]
[url="http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/term/A50A9EFC-8E6F-4B16-ABCAD9C0DD51CDEF"]nolo.com[/url]
[center][img]http://www.megaprint.com/assets/images/photos/lady-with-big-check-1.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]"My lawyer got me this big, fat check!"[/center]
[center]"It's proof of compensatory damages I received after the defendant was found guilty of libel."[/center]
[center]"Proof of compensatory damages is different than proving my reputation was damaged."[/center]

[center][img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/regret.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][img]http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/persistence.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]It should read, "It's over, [s]Man[/s] Loyal. Let [s]her[/s] it go."[/center][/quote]

Why did you go to all this trouble just to pprove that I was correct? Everything you posted supports exactly what I said.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='537173' date='Aug 30 2007, 06:07 PM']Why did you go to all this trouble just to pprove that I was correct? Everything you posted supports exactly what I said.[/quote]

But Fred, he was handing out pwndsickles man........he's a man's man.........and you had to go and ruin it. Next time, throw some references down from Cornell or wherever and a majority of the people won't need to form their own opinions.....they'll just take yours and run with it.....just act like you know what you're talking about.

So what was the point that we were arguing here anyways? Oh yeah, that the Bengals medical staff SUCKS BALLS! And yes, that still stands....ask Levi, Willie, Chris Perry and TJ......no, really ask them before replying.

[quote name='whodey319' post='530336' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:48 AM']my seats look straight at the right side of the bengals bench where willie and levi stood the whole game. Willie not in his magic boot that he has supposedly been wearing and levi jones right next to him without any signs of injury. This doesnt prove anything until you realize both have leg/foot injuries but were able to stand for 3 straight hours and at one point were dancing with each other.

Veterans are amazing liars in the preseason and im not saying they are full of shit for sure but thats what my gut says when you look at them.[/quote]
whodey319, it took me a while to realize it myself, but you hit the nail on the head with this one... especially with Willie. It may have worried some of us a bit, but getting the backups some playing time may turn out to be a blessing just in case someone does go down.

I have no doubt in my mind Willie and Levi will both be starting against the Ravens. Why didn't I see this myself?

Awesome call. :bowdown:

[quote name='Tigris' post='537277' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:56 PM']whodey319, it took me a while to realize it myself, but you hit the nail on the head with this one... especially with Willie. It may have worried some of us a bit, but getting the backups some playing time may turn out to be a blessing just in case someone does go down.

I have no doubt in my mind Willie and Levi will both be starting against the Ravens. Why didn't I see this myself?

Awesome call. :bowdown:[/quote]

I've always thought that as well. Very often, injuries can be a blessing in disguise. Sure there may be a few lumps, but as long as the team is still winning, its a benefit. He's not hurt, but imagine this team near the end of this season with Henry, an experienced Tab Perry, and a (potentially) healthy Chris Perry.

Think about this, if not for 2 QB's going down in one game, Brett Favre may have never made it off the bench. -_-

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='537279' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:04 PM']I've always thought that as well. Very often, injuries can be a blessing in disguise. Sure there may be a few lumps, but as long as the team is still winning, its a benefit. He's not hurt, but imagine this team near the end of this season with Henry, an experienced Tab Perry, and a (potentially) healthy Chris Perry.
Think about this, if not for 2 QB's going down in one game, Brett Favre may have never made it off the bench. -_-[/quote]
Tom Brady with Trent Green.

Priest Holmes with someone??? I know he was a backup.

We're going to be strong going into the second half of the season... the schedule is more favorable and we should get some guys back that will give us a kickstart in case we stall on offense (like you said, w/ Perry and Henry).

It would be a good time to start heating up heading into the playoffs... but it's going to be real nerve-racking (sp.) if we are 5-3 or 4-4 heading into the second half... even so, we should still be okay, but I'd much rather be 6-2 or 7-1... helps me be more optomistic (sp.) with things.

[quote name='Tigris' post='537281' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:18 PM'][b]Tom Brady with Trent Green.[/b][/quote]

have you been smokin' the weed again???? Try Drew Bledsoe.

Kurt Warner was the one saddled behind Trent Green.

[quote]Priest Holmes with someone??? I know he was a backup.[/quote]

Jamal Lewis.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='537284' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:28 PM']have you been smokin' the weed again???? Try Drew Bledsoe.

Kurt Warner was the one saddled behind Trent Green.
Jamal Lewis.[/quote]

Good thing I didn't say that in person in front of a bunch of football fans... :crazy:

:sterb041:

I just snapped out of it.

I actually transitioned to the tomato soup and grilled cheese... sitting in my lap right now. Delicious.

[quote name='Tigris' post='537289' date='Aug 30 2007, 07:37 PM']Good thing I didn't say that in person in front of a bunch of football fans... :crazy:

:sterb041:

I just snapped out of it.

I actually transitioned to the tomato soup and grilled cheese... sitting in my lap right now. Delicious.[/quote]
Pass me some of those foods through the intranetz.....

:blink: :blink:

OY vey, what happened here? I am gone for a few hours and the forum looks like Animal House.

:jerry:

I don't think I read an argument that was this informative and interesting, but at the same time, ridiculously pompous and excessive. Thanks for the enlightening entertainment. It's obvious that our lawyer and doctor have drawn their lines in the sand and that neither are gonna be convinced otherwise.

Can you two just agree that your views differ, acknowledge the other's argument, and squash it? What were you all arguing about anyway??

[quote name='TheBZ' post='537314' date='Aug 30 2007, 10:59 PM']Personally, I think this thread has some serious HoF potential.

The only thing missing is, oh, 12 more pages.

And Lavar Arrington.

BZ[/quote]

sure, why not, once it gets locked because fueher go gets tired of them bickering.....gotta love an online confrontation between two professionals from vastly different fields.

also, any thread that gets us to use this: :jerry: deserves to go in the Hall, no questions asked.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='537179' date='Aug 30 2007, 04:50 PM']But Fred, he was handing out pwndsickles man........he's a man's man.........and you had to go and ruin it. Next time, throw some references down from Cornell or wherever and a majority of the people won't need to form their own opinions.....they'll just take yours and run with it.....just act like you know what you're talking about.

So what was the point that we were arguing here anyways? Oh yeah, that the Bengals medical staff SUCKS BALLS! And yes, that still stands....ask Levi, Willie, Chris Perry and TJ......no, really ask them before replying.[/quote]
[img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/54/Spikechester1.jpg[/img]

Settle down, [url="http://www.answers.com/topic/spike-the-bulldog-and-chester-the-terrier"]Chester[/url].

You're absolutely right. A bit hypocritical, but still...absolutely right. You can't form your own opinion without others chiming in with a personal insult. Don't start none, won't be none. I'm going to insult you right back and make fun of you. I believe it was the great philosopher, Mary Poppins who said, 'A spoonful of sugar helps the hipocrasy go down...'

My opinion of what constitutues "evidence" differs from your's. If a player voices dissatisfaction with the Bengals'medical staff; that is an opinion, not a statement of fact.

I could write that you are a horrible gay lover. Writing it or saying it doesn't make it fact. Even if I were to experience, first hand, you sweet, sweet gay lovin'; my opinion of the quality and quantity of your gay lovin' would only be an opinion. I'm sure you could produce gay lover after gay lover to testify that your skill and dexterity with the Kibble [i]and[/i] the Bits was equally adept.

Apparently, the job position of "act like you know what you're talking about" has already been filled by you plagiarizing incorrect anatomy lessons from About.com. If I could be so bold as to impose upon your domain, I'll point out 3 common diagnoses which are frequently misdiagnoses.

1. Appendicitis

Overall, between 10-20% of patients who have their appendix [b]removed[/b] don't have appendicitis.
In children, this statistic is between 25-30%.
In the elderly, >50%.

Many of these patients have been seen by their doctor, who sends them to the hospital where the ER physician requests a surgical consult and all 3 doctors believe there are enough signs and symptoms to perform surgery.

Interestingly, the literature is inconclusive regarding a rectal examination while determining a diagnosis of appendicitis. Not performing a rectal examination has been cited in successful malpractice suits. If your doctor is worried you may have appendicitis, you may literally take it in the ass so he doesn't later.

2. Sinus infections

The 5th leading cause for antibiotic prescriptions in the US.

Most patients have a viral rhinosinusitis and between 0.5%-2% have a bacterial sinusitis.

Your doctor is wrong 50%-60% of the time you are diagnosed with bacterial sinusitis.

Forty percent of patients with bacterial sinusitis will get better without antibiotics.

A change in the color or characteristic of nasal discharge is not a [b]specific[/b] sign of bacterial sinusitis.

3. Ear infections

Otitis media is the #1 diagnosis for antibiotic prescriptions in the US.

Antibiotic usage for ear and sinus infections are the leading causes for antibiotic resistant bacteria, methicillin resistant staph. aureus (MRSA) being very common.

80% of ear infections resolve in 7-10 days without antibiotics compared to 95% with antibiotics in the same time period.

In Europe, studies indicate a 66%-92% cure rate with pain medication and observation alone.

Try telling a parent that an antibiotic, no matter how strong or expensive, is really only going to help their child with an ear infection about 15% of the time. I assume they will look at you like you are the stoopidest mother fucker on the face of the planet.

[b]Years of education, experience, and the latest technology and yet even the most common of complaints aren't that easy.[/b]

The information available to us through the media simply isn't enough to determine if the Bengals' medical staff truly sucks. Inexplicably, you are able to figure out it all out. I'm impressed. Please explain how the doctors missed Chris Perry's sports hernia and what they should have done to diagnosis it correctly? It's OK if you use medical terminology. I'll try to muddle my way through.

Most of the time, Ikota, you seem like an intelligent, funny guy. Other times, you act like Joey Porter sucker punched the common sense out of you, too.

I can't take credit for "Pwnsicles," but I like it. They are available in cherry and grape. If you don't like the flavor, keep your mouth shut.

Wanna ask me if broken bones heal stronger? :ninja:

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='541238' date='Sep 6 2007, 11:39 AM']Wanna ask me if broken bones heal stronger? :ninja:[/quote]
I'd be more interested to see your opinion on whether a cadaver's achilles tendon makes for a stronger replacement for a torn ACL.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='541238' date='Sep 6 2007, 01:39 PM'][img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/54/Spikechester1.jpg[/img]

Settle down, [url="http://www.answers.com/topic/spike-the-bulldog-and-chester-the-terrier"]Chester[/url].

You're absolutely right. A bit hypocritical, but still...absolutely right. You can't form your own opinion without others chiming in with a personal insult. Don't start none, won't be none. I'm going to insult you right back and make fun of you. I believe it was the great philosopher, Mary Poppins who said, 'A spoonful of sugar helps the hipocrasy go down...'

My opinion of what constitutues "evidence" differs from your's. If a player voices dissatisfaction with the Bengals'medical staff; that is an opinion, not a statement of fact.

I could write that you are a horrible gay lover. Writing it or saying it doesn't make it fact. Even if I were to experience, first hand, you sweet, sweet gay lovin'; my opinion of the quality and quantity of your gay lovin' would only be an opinion. I'm sure you could produce gay lover after gay lover to testify that your skill and dexterity with the Kibble [i]and[/i] the Bits was equally adept.

Apparently, the job position of "act like you know what you're talking about" has already been filled by you plagiarizing incorrect anatomy lessons from About.com. If I could be so bold as to impose upon your domain, I'll point out 3 common diagnoses which are frequently misdiagnoses.

1. Appendicitis

Overall, between 10-20% of patients who have their appendix [b]removed[/b] don't have appendicitis.
In children, this statistic is between 25-30%.
In the elderly, >50%.

Many of these patients have been seen by their doctor, who sends them to the hospital where the ER physician requests a surgical consult and all 3 doctors believe there are enough signs and symptoms to perform surgery.

Interestingly, the literature is inconclusive regarding a rectal examination while determining a diagnosis of appendicitis. Not performing a rectal examination has been cited in successful malpractice suits. If your doctor is worried you may have appendicitis, you may literally take it in the ass so he doesn't later.

2. Sinus infections

The 5th leading cause for antibiotic prescriptions in the US.

Most patients have a viral rhinosinusitis and between 0.5%-2% have a bacterial sinusitis.

Your doctor is wrong 50%-60% of the time you are diagnosed with bacterial sinusitis.

Forty percent of patients with bacterial sinusitis will get better without antibiotics.

A change in the color or characteristic of nasal discharge is not a [b]specific[/b] sign of bacterial sinusitis.

3. Ear infections

Otitis media is the #1 diagnosis for antibiotic prescriptions in the US.

Antibiotic usage for ear and sinus infections are the leading causes for antibiotic resistant bacteria, methicillin resistant staph. aureus (MRSA) being very common.

80% of ear infections resolve in 7-10 days without antibiotics compared to 95% with antibiotics in the same time period.

In Europe, studies indicate a 66%-92% cure rate with pain medication and observation alone.

Try telling a parent that an antibiotic, no matter how strong or expensive, is really only going to help their child with an ear infection about 15% of the time. I assume they will look at you like you are the stoopidest mother fucker on the face of the planet.
[b]Years of education, experience, and the latest technology and yet even the most common of complaints aren't that easy.[/b]
The information available to us through the media simply isn't enough to determine if the Bengals' medical staff truly sucks. Inexplicably, you are able to figure out it all out. I'm impressed. Please explain how the doctors missed Chris Perry's sports hernia and what they should have done to diagnosis it correctly? It's OK if you use medical terminology. I'll try to muddle my way through.

Most of the time, Ikota, you seem like an intelligent, funny guy. Other times, you act like Joey Porter sucker punched the common sense out of you, too.

I can't take credit for "Pwnsicles," but I like it. They are available in cherry and grape. If you don't like the flavor, keep your mouth shut.

Wanna ask me if broken bones heal stronger? :ninja:[/quote]

But the doctors r sucks ass and r gay. Quit trying to saound smart wf dem big words and stuff.

Archived