Skate

steggyD

This is the single most awesomest skateboarding game I've seen ... ever!

Gone are the days of button mashing to ollie and do tricks. You control the board with the right stick, and the body with the left stick. For instance, to ollie, pull down on the right stick, then push forward, just like the natural movement of an ollie. The triggers grab the board. Everything else is a variation of these natural movements. When in the air, control the body with the left stick, the board with the right. It's tough to get used to the controls, especially if you played Tony Hawk games and other types of games for so long. You want to just press a button when trying to get air.

If anyone played Fight Night Round 3, you would kind of understand the board controls. An uppercut in Fight Night is similar to a shuvit in Skate.

The graphics are sick as hell too. I am definitely buying this game when it comes out in September. I'm surprised it's an EA game.

Link:
[url="http://www.ea.com/skate/home.jsp"]http://www.ea.com/skate/home.jsp[/url]

Download the demo, worth your time.

Skating was one of my favorite past-times in my teenage days. This game makes it so real. The Tony Hawk games are so unrealistic, the gameplay left you feeling outside the character at most times. Press button A and you fly 50 feet in the air and press X and you do 50 flips.

This game puts you back on the board and uses hella-hard hand-eye coordination to pull off some tricks. Timing is key. I like to run through the challenges real fast on the demo, then just see how high of a line I can pull off. I wish it didn't have a time limit ... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='568048' date='Oct 13 2007, 04:17 PM']No doubt....the game is sick. By far the best SB game I've ever played.[/quote]

your wild accusation at this games greatest has given me the urg to purchase it....

-_- and im too poor to purchase....

a few weeks perhaps it WILL BE MINE!

The career goes on and on forever. I keep on getting more and more coverage, photos, videos, everything. I have my entire board sponsored, deck, wheels, trucks, and my shoes too. I open up new things every time I play. The city goes on forever. Just when I think I have skated every part, I find something new. I now have PJ's mansion open and some awesome concrete setup with all kinds of shit, after opening Slappy's shop. I just can't stop playing it.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='568108' date='Oct 13 2007, 07:59 PM']your wild accusation at this games greatest has given me the urg to purchase it....
-_- and im too poor to purchase....

a few weeks perhaps it WILL BE MINE![/quote]

It's not a wild accusation, its an opinion about two video games I've played (Hawk and Skate.). One, in my opinion, is way better than the other.

The game is definitely legit.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='571547' date='Oct 16 2007, 06:54 PM']It's not a wild accusation, its an opinion about two video games I've played (Hawk and Skate.). One, in my opinion, is way better than the other.

The game is definitely legit.[/quote]

alas you completely misread/understood my post. no worries either way.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='571646' date='Oct 16 2007, 09:40 PM']hmm you guys speaking highly of this game makes me also want to buy but im worried i wont have time to play COD 4 when it comes out if my focus is on this game...
hmmm decisions ...[/quote]
heh. I will beat COD4 in less than a 2 days. I flew thru COD2 (game was awesome). COD4s beta was AMAZING as well.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='571650' date='Oct 16 2007, 09:56 PM']heh. I will beat COD4 in less than a 2 days. I flew thru COD2 (game was awesome). COD4s beta was AMAZING as well.[/quote]

I dont play COD single player... strictly multiplayer

... well I'll play singleplayer and beat it, but i really only look forward to COD for the multi

[quote name='steggyD' post='573802' date='Oct 20 2007, 07:45 PM']Skate or Die!

Wait, they don't say that anymore, do they?[/quote]

:lol:

I remember that

I also remember "sk8ter"

Hardest thing so far for me about this game is jumping onto the railings to do a grind, i always do them from the curbsides as they are pretty easy to do from them.

Archived