Name Your Three Happiest Sports Memories

Jason

What are your three happiest sports memories? This can be as a spectator or as a player. My top 3 in no order:

1. (Participant) Winning my first race in track - 1 mile
2. (Spectator) 1990 World Series
3. (Spectator) OSU National Championship

The only reason the 75 and 76 Reds didn't make it is I don't really remember those Series'

1. UConn beating Duke in the 1999 NCAA Championship game
2. UConn beating Duke in the 2004 Final Four... the feeling of tension during the game to extreme jubilation because after that game I knew we had the NC again.
3. As a participant, playing some of my best HS games at goalie in home night games with everyone you know watching.

1992-93, State and Midwest Lacrosse Chamipions at Moeller
1994, Played against St. Ignatius for the Ohio State Football Championship in Massillon at Paul Brown Stadium (neat day)
1998, UT beats Florida St. for the National Championship.

Don't include the either of the Bengals' Super Bowls because the one I really remember in 99 hurt so bad watching John Taylor catch that TD with 34 seconds left. I really thought we were going to win that one and I hurt for like 2 weeks after that. I was 13 at that time and a football nut.

[quote name='Jason' post='593457' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:30 AM']What are your three happiest sports memories? This can be as a spectator or as a player. My top 3 in no order:

1. (Participant) Winning my first race in track - 1 mile
2. (Spectator) 1990 World Series
3. (Spectator) OSU National Championship

The only reason the 75 and 76 Reds didn't make it is I don't really remember those Series'[/quote]

where were your seats for #3 (I take it you mean 2002-2003)?

All spectator:

1. Watching Tom Browning pitch his perfect game (yes, I sat through the rain delay)

2. OSU National Championship in 2002 (We took out a 2nd mortgage on our house to buy the tickets on eBay, and were sweating bullets afraid that they were fake until they let us in the gate)

3. Reds 1990 World series

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='593466' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:53 AM']1. UConn beating [b]Duke[/b] in the 1999 NCAA Championship game
2. UConn beating [b]Duke[/b] in the 2004 Final Four... the feeling of tension during the game to extreme jubilation because after that game I knew we had the NC again.
3. As a participant, playing some of my best HS games at goalie in home night games with everyone you know watching.[/quote]
In order to be the best you have to beat the best.

A soccer player is a unicorn fan...go figure :P

Probably:
1.)Giants making it to the World Series in 2002. Suffice to say, if I ever see this:
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/Rally_Monkey.jpg/180px-Rally_Monkey.jpg[/img] again, it will be too soon.
2.)UK beating LSU this year.
3.)Beating Duke and Wojo in 1998, then winning the National Championship over Coach Stay-Puff a few games later.

1. OSU VS. michigan in 2001(the year we one the title. I was sitting on the O in the greatest live game I will ever see, Unless I manage to see the Bengals win the super bowl live.
2. OSU VS. Miami in the National Title game. Watched it on TV but it was great.
3. Reds over A's in 1990 World Series. I still have game 4 taped where we sweep them.
4. Super Bowl 23. I mention it, becuase it still was one of the Best Super Bowls I have ever watched, and that is not because I am a homer. The only ones that even come close were, "Wide Right" game and the Rams Vs. Titans Game. I don't count the Pats vs. Rams since that was obviously fixed.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='593611' date='Nov 15 2007, 02:03 PM']In order to be the best you have to beat the best.

A soccer player is a unicorn fan...go figure :P[/quote]

We are #1 in the country in men's soccer right now B) (Not that I follow it at all :lol: ,...me playing soccer was more a result of me just being really good at it)

And unicorn?? :lol: never heard that before

Archived