ROGERS DEAL OFF: I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news...

If Goodell blocked this trade and there isn't a very good reason stated to Bengals fans, then what is the point of holding a seat license and investing substantial money into the Bengals. It is pointless.

I am still in disbelief that this is true. I am waiting on official word from the Bengals......

[quote name='Penn St. Bengal' post='637444' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:06 PM']If Goodell blocked this trade and there isn't a very good reason stated to Bengals fans, then what is the point of holding a seat license and investing substantial money into the Bengals. It is pointless.

I am still in disbelief that this is true. I am waiting on official word from the Bengals......[/quote]

You got that right....I want a REAL explanation.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='637448' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:08 PM']If its any consolation, Browns fans on their boards are absolutely [i]hating[/i] this deal.

Hooray for schadenfreude!![/quote]

Thanks for the attempt, but no, it doesn't.

[quote name='MrDingleDangle' post='637446' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:07 PM']doesnt seem like its the league-
"The Rogers-to-Bengals trade has not been officially sent to the NFL league office." from espn[/quote]

well it couldn't have been the teams. The lions announced it, and Hobson wouldn't have been allowed to report it without permission from the team.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='637448' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:08 PM']If its any consolation, Browns fans on their boards are absolutely [i]hating[/i] this deal.

honestly, I can't see how they have any money to left to et anyone....

They have signed:
Derek Anderson
Jamal Lewis
Corey Williams....all to big deals...
and if they add Rogers that is another 5.5 mill a year.......

They started off with about 7 million less than the Bengals this year.

Bengals.com has not changed anything since their first report. What's up with the Bengals? I think Roger is still a Bengal. If the Bengals nixed the deal, then shame on them for not letting the rest of the world know. That would speak volumes about the organization, if it's true. I don't believe it's true.

It makes the Browns secondary weaker by losing Bodden, but the defensive line will improve if they get both Williams and Rogers.

If this trade does not happen, I sure hope it isn't the fault of the Bengals front office........although I don't know what would be worse - Goodell blocking the deal or the Bengals fucking it up! If blame goes anywhere, hopefully it is placed on the Lions. I might be able to take that scenario a little better.......damn it.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='637453' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:10 PM'][b]WTF just happend, i left with us getting rogers and i come back all confused! someone please explain to me what is going on ?[/b][/quote]

you left and blew it for everyone. Way to go asshole. <_<

[quote name='Rick' post='637455' date='Feb 29 2008, 07:11 PM']Bengals.com has not changed anything since their first report. What's up with the Bengals? I think Roger is still a Bengal. If the Bengals nixed the deal, then shame on them for not letting the rest of the world know. That would speak volumes about the organization, if it's true. I don't believe it's true.[/quote]

well bengals.com also claims "Justin Smith is visiting 48ers"...damn I hope the 48ers get him!

We are screwed either way, if the Bengals get the deal Rogers will suck for us. If the Browns get him he will make the next three pro bowls.

Oh heck I will be optimistic, my neighbor is a huge Lions fan and has a low opinion of S Rogers.

[quote name='Rick' post='637455' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:11 PM']Bengals.com has not changed anything since their first report. What's up with the Bengals? I think Roger is still a Bengal. If the Bengals nixed the deal, then shame on them for not letting the rest of the world know. That would speak volumes about the organization, if it's true. I don't believe it's true.[/quote]

I think Hobson thinks since fans buy his BS about the salary cap that we will all still believe that Rogers is coming if he doesn't change the story.....

....expect to see Sam Adams wearing 92 on the Dline next year with Rogers as the name on the back of the unifrom.. :ninja:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='637453' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:10 PM'][b]WTF just happend, i left with us getting rogers and i come back all confused! someone please explain to me what is going on ?[/b][/quote]

Rogers deal fell apart. Now going to Cleveland. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Motivated Rogers now blowing up Bluto twice a year.

Just fucking kill me.

[quote name='Rick' post='637455' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:11 PM']Bengals.com has not changed anything since their first report. What's up with the Bengals? I think Roger is still a Bengal. If the Bengals nixed the deal, then shame on them for not letting the rest of the world know. That would speak volumes about the organization, if it's true. I don't believe it's true.[/quote]

Hobson often simply echoes what the Bengals have recently said. He can't post speculation on the teams official website. Often he posts things long after we already know it to be true. He won't until it's a certainty.

Sadly, this reeks of a case just like that.

If it's true about the Browns, they won't have any money left to sign a seventh round draft pick. That does not make sense to me? Everything is weird.

Come on Bengals.com. Post a report saying everything is OK with the Roger deal NOW!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='637445' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:07 PM']that happened like 12 hours ago man.[/quote]

No fucking shit sherlock.

I posted the link that the dude before me referred to.

And both of us are saying, why would the browns go after two big FA defensive linemen?

[quote name='big_dish' post='637465' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:15 PM']No fucking shit sherlock.

I posted the link that the dude before me referred to.

And both of us are saying, why would the browns go after two big FA defensive linemen?[/quote]

sorry grumpolicious. Wouldn't have hurt to quote his post, and not post yours in a manner that sounded like you were trying to announce something. :P

Archived