CRAP. I broke my ankle tonight ***New Update! - 6/03/08***

Jason

My wife had just run the carpet cleaner upstairs. The carpet was wet, therefore my shoes got wet, and when I stepped on the hardwood stairwell, gravity took over.

That is why I didn't close the contest thread on time.

is it a clean break? sometimes breaks end up being better than sprains. I hurt my wrist last october and am just now fully recovered and back to work after having surgeries to re attach cartlige to the bone, and reset displaced tendons. Enjoy the pain pills!

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='656123' date='Apr 24 2008, 01:17 AM']:o

Damn, sorry to hear that, Jason. Perhaps you can use it to your advantage and have the Mrs bring you beer during the draft, tho :lol:[/quote]

pain pills and beer, i cant think of any better combo for watching the draft.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='656134' date='Apr 24 2008, 12:03 AM']pain pills and beer, i cant think of any better combo for watching the draft.[/quote]
I can't think of any better combo period.

And prop that foot up, grab a bed pan, and enjoy the draft my friend. Hope you feel better.

[quote name='Jason' post='656103' date='Apr 23 2008, 11:56 PM']My wife had just run the carpet cleaner upstairs. The carpet was wet, therefore my shoes got wet, and when I stepped on the hardwood stairwell, gravity took over.

That is why I didn't close the contest thread on time.[/quote]

MAN! You always have an excuse with this contest thing!!! WTF!!!! :ninja: :lol:

Just playin....take it easy and heal up...

...and now you will have to just sit and watch the ENTIRE NFL draft from beginning to end over the weekend! :lol:

[quote name='Jason' post='661359' date='Apr 30 2008, 07:23 AM']Thanks everyone.

Saw the orthopedist yesterday, and the good news is as long as I don't put any weight on muy right ankle I shouldn't need surgery, and could be healed in about 4 weeks.[/quote]
Good to hear.

Does a broken ankle heal faster than a bad sprain? I think I remember hearing that somewhere, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='661425' date='Apr 30 2008, 11:58 AM']Good to hear.

Does a broken ankle heal faster than a bad sprain? I think I remember hearing that somewhere, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

I believe so, unless it is a dislocated break, which mine nearly was.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a follow up appointment with the orthopedist today. The ankle is healing well. There has been no further dislocation. I will be in the boot for 3 more weeks if everything continues to go well.

[quote name='Jason' post='665261' date='May 13 2008, 09:21 PM']Had a follow up appointment with the orthopedist today. The ankle is healing well. There has been no further dislocation. I will be in the boot for 3 more weeks if everything continues to go well.[/quote]

You might miss camp, but you should be completely healthy by preseason !!!

:headbang:

• 3 weeks later...
Had my appointment with the orthopedist today. Tomorrow is 6 weeks. Unless I do something really stupid, I won't need surgery, and though I will have to stay in the boot a little longer, I can start walking on it. But I need to do a better job of keeping it elevated, it is still somewhat swollen.

[quote name='Jason' post='670170' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:15 AM']Had my appointment with the orthopedist today. Tomorrow is 6 weeks. Unless I do something really stupid, I won't need surgery, and though I will have to stay in the boot a little longer, I can start walking on it. But I need to do a better job of keeping it elevated, it is still somewhat swollen.[/quote]
Good lawd. Still swollen after 6 weeks? :huh:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='670263' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:07 PM']Good lawd. Still swollen after 6 weeks? :huh:[/quote]

Yep. I have not been nearly disciplined enough about elevating and icing.

And walking in the boot is a pain in the ass. Or, to be more anatomically acurate, a pain in the knee. It doesn't flex enough to walk properly.

[quote name='Jason' post='670170' date='Jun 3 2008, 08:15 PM']Had my appointment with the orthopedist today. Tomorrow is 6 weeks. Unless I do something really stupid, I won't need surgery, and though I will have to stay in the boot a little longer, I can start walking on it. But I need to do a better job of keeping it elevated, it is still somewhat swollen.[/quote]
It'll be "somewhat swollen" until it's almost fully healed. I busted my ankle clean through in a hockey game many years back. I call it my bionic ankle what with the titanium plate and screws that are in there now. Keeping the lowest extremities of your body elevated for long periods of time is really really hard, so don't let the doc mess with your head on that. Just do your best, you'll be ok. Biggest problem I had was not being able to drive stick. I had to drive my mom's Kia for a couple months. How embarrassing.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='670355' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:26 AM']It'll be "somewhat swollen" until it's almost fully healed. I busted my ankle clean through in a hockey game many years back. I call it my bionic ankle what with the titanium plate and screws that are in there now. Keeping the lowest extremities of your body elevated for long periods of time is really really hard, so don't let the doc mess with your head on that. Just do your best, you'll be ok. [b]Biggest problem I had was not being able to drive stick. I had to drive my mom's Kia for a couple months. How embarrassing.[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I was driving my wife's Montero the first few weeks. But I am back in the Mustang now.

And thanks for the encouragement.

Archived