"The Dark Knight"

Go Skins

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680290' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:27 PM'][spoiler]2 face imo has always been a minor bad guy, im not sure they could pull off a whole movie with him as the main bad guy deciding deaths with the coin flip like that[/spoiler][/quote]

I don't think you'd have to worry about that. [spoiler]Both movies so far have had 2 villains.

I posed this on another site and think it could be pretty cool:

I think Deadshot would be the most realistic to pull off and they could cast it pretty well with a Clive Owen type. It would also work because while the police are hunting Batman, you can have Deadshot hunting him as well and go a technical route of armor piercing bullets and Bruce/Lucius needing to develop new technology as a result. You can also add in the "villain without fear" element as they did with the joker, as while Deadshot is a deadly assasin for hire, he also doesn't care if he dies (and to an extent is HOPING someone kills him), as long as he dies in a spectaculor fashion. Maybe he even becomes obsessed with Batman giving him the spectaculor death that he wants?? Think about it, Deadshot begging to be killed by a Batman who is against killing and Deadshot continuing to egg him on like the joker did to finish him off or else others will die. They could make it pretty dark.

For those who aren't that familiar with him (I had to research him myself): [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot[/url] [/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680293' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:41 PM']I don't think you'd have to worry about that. [spoiler]Both movies so far have had 2 villains.

I think Deadshot would be the most realistic to pull off and they could cast it pretty well with a Clive Owen type. It would also work because while the police are hunting Batman, you can have Deadshot hunting him as well and go a technical route of armor piercing bullets and Bruce/Lucius needing to develop new technology as a result. You can also add in the "villain without fear" element as they did with the joker, as while Deadshot is a deadly assasin for hire, he also doesn't care if he dies (and to an extent is HOPING someone kills him), as long as he dies in a spectaculor fashion. Maybe he even becomes obsessed with Batman giving him the spectaculor death that he wants?? Think about it, Deadshot begging to be killed by a Batman who is against killing and Deadshot continuing to egg him on like the joker did to finish him off or else others will die. They could make it pretty dark.

For those who aren't that familiar with him (I had to research him myself): [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot[/url] [/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]I could see deadshot as he was in the Gotham Knight anime thing that was put out, but if 2 face is in the next one the "joker wins" as batman said, I would be pretty disapointed if they went that route. Personally I'd like to see the Riddler and maybe the Penguin.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680296' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:50 PM'][spoiler]I could see deadshot as he was in the Gotham Knight anime thing that was put out, but if 2 face is in the next one the "joker wins" as batman said, I would be pretty disapointed if they went that route. Personally I'd like to see the Riddler and maybe the Penguin.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Nolan is on record saying he'd never do a movie with either catwoman or the penguin. for what it's worth, bale has said he'd never do one with the robin character in it.

Riddler is definately the obvious choice, and he can even bust two-face out. Sure it would kind of seem like Batman Forever, but of course much more well done.

Id also like to see them do more with Scarecrow, maybe him getting released from county jail. Cillian Murphy makes a great villain and they've yet to tap his potential of how "evil" he could be. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680300' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:58 PM'][spoiler]Nolan is on record saying he'd never do a movie with either catwoman or the penguin. for what it's worth, bale has said he'd never do one with the robin character in it.

Riddler is definately the obvious choice, and he can even bust two-face out. Sure it would kind of seem like Batman Forever, but of course much more well done.

Id also like to see them do more with Scarecrow, maybe him getting released from county jail. Cillian Murphy makes a great villain and they've yet to tap his potential of how "evil" he could be. [/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Didnt know that about Catwoman and the penguin.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680293' date='Jul 20 2008, 10:41 PM'][spoiler]Both movies so far have had 2 villains.

For those who aren't that familiar with him (I had to research him myself): [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot[/url] [/spoiler][/quote]
[spoiler]honestly i had never even heard of deadshot until you mentioned him but i guess that is the most feasible character addition that has yet to be done. so add in the fact that his role has never been put to film and youve got yourself a winner.

anyway, i think its a given they bring back dent and have him go apeshit for the beginning of the next movie while crime is still rampant then they bring in deadshot to help out only for him to spaz out and fight batman that way they can bring back the whole idea of someone besides batman guarding the city adn explore suicide, family, and the frailty of life, etc., etc.

so yea, good idea...[/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680182' date='Jul 20 2008, 09:29 AM'][spoiler]another thing I would have liked to have seen is them have Mr. Reese (the guy who learns batman's identity) be a bigger name actor. That way, you could have Mr. Reese = "mysteries" = The Riddler. Then you can play up the "villain knows his true identity" plot along with "batman is a fugitive on the run" plot.[/spoiler][/quote]

having a no name as the riddler is better imo. if there is going to be a riddler it is going to be reese because EVERYTHING from this movie sets him up to be the riddler.

[spoiler]im pretty sure that the riddler will break two face out of arkham and they will do something with heath ledgers joker laugh as a tribute/easter egg/teaser type of thing in the 3rd one.[/spoiler]

Alright, I've finally seen the flick. And it's damn good. Not the best movie I've ever seen kind of good. But damn good. Probably the first movie since the original Matrix that I would consider a second trip to the theater for.

Ledger was good, yes. But the role was fantastic. He didn't let it down, and it was by far the best acting I've ever seen from him, but I don't necessarily think he stole the show. I think the role as it was written/acted was FAR better than any previous impression of the character for certain. But I'm not sure he deserves the sainthood he seems to be receiving from some. Again damn good. But I'm not ready to hop on the superlative bandwagon. [spoiler]As for who could play that role in future flicks, only one name came to mind, and it came to mind over and over again while I watched the movie. Robert Downey, Jr. Too bad he'll never get the chance since he's tied to the other comic franchise... though thinking about it in those terms, Ledger must have done a pretty good job, b/c I think Downey is the shit...[/spoiler]

Bale was fantastic again. As was Oldman.

Someone above mentioned [spoiler]Anthony Michael Hall ... Mike Engel[/spoiler] A- I have no idea who this character was in the movie I'm afraid to say, and B - I don't know why it deserved spoiler treatment. Help me here.

I'm with BAB. [spoiler]Thanks god Rachel is dead. Both actresses in that role sucked. They were garbage compared to everyone else's acting in both movies. I won't miss that character for an instant. Really, the weakest point in both films[/spoiler]

Maybe it was better than I'm ready to admit. It was not a disappointment, tho. And considering the hype, that's saying something.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680328' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:14 AM']Alright, I've finally seen the flick. And it's damn good. Not the best movie I've ever seen kind of good. But damn good. Probably the first movie since the original Matrix that I would consider a second trip to the theater for.

Ledger was good, yes. But the role was fantastic. He didn't let it down, and it was by far the best acting I've ever seen from him, but I don't necessarily think he stole the show. I think the role as it was written/acted was FAR better than any previous impression of the character for certain. But I'm not sure he deserves the sainthood he seems to be receiving from some. Again damn good. But I'm not ready to hop on the superlative bandwagon. [spoiler]As for who could play that role in future flicks, only one name came to mind, and it came to mind over and over again while I watched the movie. Robert Downey, Jr. Too bad he'll never get the chance since he's tied to the other comic franchise... though thinking about it in those terms, Ledger must have done a pretty good job, b/c I think Downey is the shit...[/spoiler]

Someone above mentioned [spoiler]Anthony Michael Hall ... Mike Engel[/spoiler] A- I have no idea who this character was in the movie I'm afraid to say, and B - I don't know why it deserved spoiler treatment. Help me here.

I'm with BAB. [spoiler]Thanks god Rachel is dead. Both actresses in that role sucked. They were garbage compared to everyone else's acting in both movies. I won't miss that character for an instant. Really, the weakest point in both films[/spoiler]

Maybe it was better than I'm ready to admit. It was not a disappointment, tho. And considering the hype, that's saying something.[/quote]

Mike Engel was the reporter with the tv show. It's Anthony Michael Hall, he just looks nothing like he did as a kid.

As far as Rachel, I watched Batman Begins lastnight as it was on FX, and I still don't think Katie Holmes did a bad job. As I said when it first came out, her performance just looks worse because Bale, Neeson, Freeman, Murphy, and Cain steal the show. There was only one scene of hers in that movie I didn't care for. As for Maggie, I was a little letdown by her performance. Maybe it was just I didn't care for the lovie stuff in a movie that was badass from point A to Z.

And again watching Begins lastnight, I think Bale was actually better in that than Dark Knight. But that's in part because Ledger and Eckhart really steal the show in Dark Knight. Bale still did a great job nonetheless and makes a very convincing Batman. To this day,I'm still not 100% convinced that Bale actually plays Batman because he disguises the voice so well so that he doesn't sound like Bruce.

[spoiler]And I think there is no way the have ANYONE reprise the Joker role during this installment of the franchise. They'll most assuredly do what Thurman suggested with regards to Arkham. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680335' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:31 PM']Mike Engel was the reporter with the tv show. It's Anthony Michael Hall, he just looks nothing like he did as a kid.

As far as Rachel, I watched Batman Begins lastnight as it was on FX, and I still don't think Katie Holmes did a bad job. As I said when it first came out, her performance just looks worse because Bale, Neeson, Freeman, Murphy, and Cain steal the show. There was only one scene of hers in that movie I didn't care for. As for Maggie, I was a little letdown by her performance. Maybe it was just I didn't care for the lovie stuff in a movie that was badass from point A to Z.

And again watching Begins lastnight, I think Bale was actually better in that than Dark Knight. But that's in part because Ledger and Eckhart really steal the show in Dark Knight. Bale still did a great job nonetheless and makes a very convincing Batman. To this day,I'm still not 100% convinced that Bale actually plays Batman because he disguises the voice so well so that he doesn't sound like Bruce.

[spoiler]And I think there is no way the have ANYONE reprise the Joker role during this installment of the franchise. They'll most assuredly do what Thurman suggested with regards to Arkham. [/spoiler][/quote]
:lol: I just put Batman Begins in the DVD player..

[spoiler]I tend to think you are right about the Joker role not being reintroduced. And I hope you're right[/spoiler]

I didn't remember the tv reporter role at all.. which is good. I shouldn't have.

I think Bale was spectacular in both. He wasn't as much the focus this time around, but I still thought he was great. Actually, it is amazing how well they did in Dark Knight of having so many large characters in one movie. So much development by so many players, and still it was well balanced. Plenty of Dent, Joker, Wayne, Batman, Gordon.. really, just great stuff here. A very well made movie.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680340' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:38 PM']here's a nice article, slightly spoilery: [url="http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/07/beyond-the-dark-knight-part-2.html"]http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeek...ght-part-2.html[/url][/quote]
I really liked this review: [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/[/url] Pretty much on the money, imo.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680343' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:45 AM']:lol: I just put Batman Begins in the DVD player..

[spoiler]I tend to think you are right about the Joker role not being reintroduced. And I hope you're right[/spoiler]

I didn't remember the tv reporter role at all.. which is good. I shouldn't have.

I think Bale was spectacular in both. He wasn't as much the focus this time around, but I still thought he was great. Actually, it is amazing how well they did in Dark Knight of having so many large characters in one movie. So much development by so many players, and still it was well balanced. Plenty of Dent, Joker, Wayne, Batman, Gordon.. really, just great stuff here. A very well made movie.[/quote]
I just saw "Begins" on Saturday. I'm behind the times, but it was a very solid movie which may be the kick in the ass I need to go to an actual theater and see the new one.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='680347' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:07 PM']I just saw "Begins" on Saturday. I'm behind the times, but it was a very solid movie which may be the kick in the ass I need to go to an actual theater and see the new one.[/quote]
I didn't see Begins in the theater, either. We bought the DVD not so long ago, and I was very impressed. So I was looking forward to Dark Knight.

I hadn't been to a theater to see a movie in at least 3 years until tonight. It was well worth the trip.

yea so Spiderman 3 had the weekend box office record with $151 million. Through SATURDAY NIGHT The Dark Knight had already grossed $155 million. Will likly top $200 million for the weekend. :o

EDIT: I've read differing reports on those figures above, so the 155 may be the total weekend total.

[quote name='sigshoota' post='680359' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:08 AM'][url="http://joox.net/cat/2/id/9564/source/2"]http://joox.net/cat/2/id/9564/source/2[/url]

not good quality tho :([/quote]

yea, here's another copy that I'm resisting the urge to watch. I think I'm gonna go catch a 1:15 showing today.

[url="http://www.forumliberty.com/showthread.php?t=363517"]http://www.forumliberty.com/showthread.php?t=363517[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680349' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:23 AM']yea so Spiderman 3 had the weekend box office record with $151 million. Through SATURDAY NIGHT The Dark Knight had already grossed $155 million. Will likly top $200 million for the weekend. :o

EDIT: I've read differing reports on those figures above, so the 155 may be the total weekend total.[/quote]

The screen count wasn't high enough to hit 200 mil. Although I read some theatres changed their showtimes of other movies to show more Dark Knight.

I knew at least a month ago and told multiple people that would this break Spidey 3's record. Some people thought too many kids wouldn't sit through it, guess what, it's an adult movie, and after seeing how much "Passion of the Christ" made, it goes to show that a movie like this can do very well.

I believe the fastest to 200 mil is eight days, that record should be toast.

Now what would be brillant but unlikely is for this to break the all time (non-inflation) record, 600 mil for "Titantic".

[quote name='Go Skins' post='680378' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:51 AM']The screen count wasn't high enough to hit 200 mil. Although I read some theatres changed their showtimes of other movies to show more Dark Knight.

I knew at least a month ago and told multiple people that would this break Spidey 3's record. Some people thought too many kids wouldn't sit through it, guess what, it's an adult movie, and after seeing how much "Passion of the Christ" made, it goes to show that a movie like this can do very well.

Now what would be brillant but unlikely is for this to break the all time (non-inflation) record, 600 mil for "Titantic".[/quote]

yea I knew it would break it, but I'm actually surprised it didn't beat it by more.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680379' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:56 AM']yea I knew it would break it, but I'm actually surprised it didn't beat it by more.[/quote]

The Friday guessimates ended up being off by 1.5 mil, it made more than predicted.

Sometime this afternoon, the final numbers come out. Keep checking www.boxofficemojo.com for updates. That is a great website for this type of stuff.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='680380' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:58 AM']The Friday guessimates ended up being off by 1.5 mil, it made more than predicted.

Sometime this afternoon, the final numbers come out. Keep checking www.boxofficemojo.com for updates. That is a great website for this type of stuff.[/quote]

oh yea, the 155 is still unnoficial. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends around 160.

btw, it also shattered the midnight release record, as well as the opening day record.

I'm happy that they want for quality over making it kid friendly. Wish the Pirates movies had done the same.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680328' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:14 AM']Alright, I've finally seen the flick. And it's damn good. Not the best movie I've ever seen kind of good. But damn good. Probably the first movie since the original Matrix that I would consider a second trip to the theater for.

[b]Ledger was good, yes. But the role was fantastic. He didn't let it down, and it was by far the best acting I've ever seen from him, but I don't necessarily think he stole the show. I think the role as it was written/acted was FAR better than any previous impression of the character for certain.[/b] But I'm not sure he deserves the sainthood he seems to be receiving from some. Again damn good. But I'm not ready to hop on the superlative bandwagon. [spoiler]As for who could play that role in future flicks, only one name came to mind, and it came to mind over and over again while I watched the movie. Robert Downey, Jr. Too bad he'll never get the chance since he's tied to the other comic franchise... though thinking about it in those terms, Ledger must have done a pretty good job, b/c I think Downey is the shit...[/spoiler]

Maybe it was better than I'm ready to admit. It was not a disappointment, tho. And considering the hype, that's saying something.[/quote]

Ledger changed most of the role. Go read some sites where they talk about what Ledger did. Most of the things the Joker did in the movie were added in by Ledger. He spent a month alone in a hotel room researching in old comics and watching a Clockwork Orange and other things to create the mannerisms and voice of the Joker. During scenes there are at least 8 things I read about that he created in the film and Christopher Nolan said they were brilliant.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='680378' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:51 AM'][b]The screen count wasn't high enough to hit 200 mil. [/b] Although I read some theatres changed their showtimes of other movies to show more Dark Knight.

Now what would be brillant but unlikely is for this to break the all time (non-inflation) record, 600 mil for "Titantic".[/quote]

It was the largest screen count ever for a movie. They broke that record too.

Archived