"The Dark Knight"

Go Skins

158.4 Mil is the offical amount for opening weekend on DK.

Fastest to 200 mil goes to Pirates 2 - 8 days: [url="http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/fastest.htm?page=200&p=.htm"]http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/faste...=200&p=.htm[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680555' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:16 PM']do you have a link??[/quote]

im looking. this was a long time ago.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='680563' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:39 PM']i havent seen any superhero movies in the last 7 years. I just dont get the excitement of over the comic movies. Must be because I've never read 1 comic.

Honestly, I'll see this movie on TV in a year or 2. maybe never[/quote]

dont watch it on tv that will ruin it. batman isnt a superhero either.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='680563' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:39 PM']i havent seen any superhero movies in the last 7 years. I just dont get the excitement of over the comic movies. Must be because I've never read 1 comic.

Honestly, I'll see this movie on TV in a year or 2. maybe never[/quote]

:mellow:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680567' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:58 PM']im looking. this was a long time ago.

dont watch it on tv that will ruin it. batman isnt a superhero either.[/quote]
Comic book into movie, whatever...samething

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680571' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:01 PM']:mellow:[/quote]
:mellow:

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='680574' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:15 PM']Comic book into movie, whatever...samething

:mellow:[/quote]

as in, if your not interested why are you in this thread? or are you the guy who comes in and says "you guys are nerds, im cool cause im not gonna see it dorks"? was there really a point to the post?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680548' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:50 PM']when its christopher nolan it means u would do just fine in the role.

IMDB is written by fans. Trust me DDL was considered for the Jokers role. It was mentioned by Christopher Nolan early in the process of TDK. I bet it will be mentioned on the commentary once the DVD comes out.

Poison Ivy has no chance as its not realistic. Catwoman would be a good choice, but i dont think Nolan likes Catwoman. Harley Quinn is the Jokers assistant/love interest. That really wouldnt work unless they cast a new Joker.

Id MUCH rather look at Jolie than Charlize (tho charlize isnt bad). Did you turn gay down there?[/quote]

let's not pretend Nolan is infallible. Afterall, he did cast Maggie Gylennhall and wanted Anthony Hopkins as Alfred.

As far as Harley Quinn, I think they could work her in without replacing Joker, particularly with the Arkham idea.

And Charlize is much hotter than Jolie.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680594' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:40 PM']let's not pretend Nolan is infallible. Afterall, he did cast Maggie Gylennhall and wanted Anthony Hopkins as Alfred.

As far as Harley Quinn, I think they could work her in without replacing Joker, particularly with the Arkham idea.

And Charlize is much hotter than Jolie.[/quote]

Maggie Gylennhall is a hell of an actress, but honestly they really didnt write much for rachel dawes in this series. she was there but she never really had a huge role.

Anthony Hopkins is a good actor. I love Michael Caine too. Since it seems that you like Caine you should check out the movie Flawless with Caine and Demi Moore, pretty decent movie that came out last year.

Harley Quinn without a present Joker would suck imo. Though it is Christopher Nolan and he honestly can do no wrong.

Jolie is hotter than Charlize in EVERY possible way.

[quote name='creechnasty' post='680600' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:33 PM'][img]http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/lol-wut-dog.jpg[/img][/quote]
a superhero has super powers. batman doesnt have any.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680548' date='Jul 22 2008, 10:50 AM']Id MUCH rather look at Jolie than Charlize (tho charlize isnt bad). [b]Did you turn gay down there?[/b][/quote]

Sorry, you're not that lucky :P

Charlize >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jolie

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680594' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:40 PM']let's not pretend Nolan is infallible. Afterall, he did cast Maggie Gylennhall and wanted Anthony Hopkins as Alfred.

[b]And Charlize is much hotter than Jolie.[/b][/quote]

Could not agree more.

Anywho... So I went and saw the movie again today. Which alone puts this flick in the company of only Raiders of the Lost Ark, of movies that I couldn't wait even 24 hours to see again (saw Raiders twice on opening day it was so good). So it's safe to say I am impressed.

More observations..

Gyllenhall still sucked.

WTF? is up with the Mayor and all the fucking eyeliner? Seriously.

Ledger was excellent, but I still say he didn't steal the movie. The flick was too well balanced for that to happen, a credit to Nolan, or whoever (I'm no movie geek)

Stayed to the end of the credits hoping for an easter egg or something. Nothing. Just to spare anyone else from waiting for something that isn't there.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680607' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:54 AM']Sorry, you're not that lucky :P

Could not agree more.

Anywho... So I went and saw the movie again today. Which alone puts this flick in the company of only Raiders of the Lost Ark, of movies that I couldn't wait even 24 hours to see again (saw Raiders twice on opening day it was so good). So it's safe to say I am impressed.

More observations..

Gyllenhall still sucked.

WTF? is up with the Mayor and all the fucking eyeliner? Seriously.

Ledger was excellent, but I still say he didn't steal the movie. The flick was too well balanced for that to happen, a credit to Nolan, or whoever (I'm no movie geek)

Stayed to the end of the credits hoping for an easter egg or something. Nothing. Just to spare anyone else from waiting for something that isn't there.[/quote]

i was planning on going tonight but it was sold out. i have tickets for noon for the imax. it will be my 3rd time seeing it. ive never seen a movie twice at the theaters until i saw TDK a 2nd time.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680607' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:54 AM']Sorry, you're not that lucky :P

Could not agree more.

More observations..

Gyllenhall still sucked.

[b]WTF? is up with the Mayor and all the fucking eyeliner? Seriously.[/b]

Stayed to the end of the credits hoping for an easter egg or something. Nothing. Just to spare anyone else from waiting for something that isn't there.[/quote]

no eye liner. thats how his eyes are naturally. google it. his eyes are the same in everything else he is in (LOST being the most famous show/movie other than TDK).

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680613' date='Jul 22 2008, 04:16 PM']no eye liner. thats how his eyes are naturally. google it. his eyes are the same in everything else he is in (LOST being the most famous show/movie other than TDK).[/quote]
That's what else I remember him from.. but seriously. That's natural? :o

[url="http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/christopher_nolan_discusses_bring_the_dark_knight_to_life"]http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/chris..._knight_to_life[/url]

Good interview with Christopher Nolan. Links at the bottom of that page for interviews with Bale and others.

some spoilers, which is why I'm not posting, just linking...

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680615' date='Jul 22 2008, 02:28 AM']That's what else I remember him from.. but seriously. That's natural? :o[/quote]

I watched Semi-Pro shortly before seeing TDK and there's a scene where they all wear eyeliner to psych out the opponent. That's all I could think of when I saw the mayor.

thought this was a great review, particularly for a student paper:

[spoiler]Review: "The Dark Knight"
Ian Bostick
Issue date: 7/22/08 Section: Arts
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1
Media Credit: imdb.com

"An unstoppable force meets an immovable object."

The perfect metaphor used to describe the Batman-Joker face-off, delivered by none other than the Joker himself (the late Heath Ledger) in the second installment of Christopher Nolan's re-envisioned Batman series.

Where previous Batman films have been described as "hammy" or "campy", Nolan's most recent edition is by far the darkest. Its unrelenting intensity and malice make for a superhero movie unlike any you have ever seen.

As Gotham soars to new heights with the Batman (Christian Bale), newly-elected District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) and Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) bringing the few remaining criminals to justice, the dawn of a new age for the corrupt city seems just over the horizon. Dent's words prove prophetic: "The night is darkest just before the dawn."

This night is extremely dark.

With Ledger holding the reins, the Joker reaches disturbing new depths, previously unexplored by any cinematic baddie. The Joker is the embodiment of havoc and chaos. He is wicked, repulsive, sadistic, and unnervingly hilarious; the ideal blend of terror and humor. A charming sociopath, if you will.

His lack of consistency, however, is his most frightening feature, as you never know which cards he has up his sleeve.

Ledger's Joker is simply the perfect villain.

Not since Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Departed" has there been such an impeccable performance by such a talented young actor. There is no doubt my mind that Ledger will be nominated for his phenomenal acting ability come next Oscar season.

Ledger's vicious clown paired with Gotham's vigilante of justice produces one of the most fascinating filmic dichotomies to date. While the Batman morally objects to murdering his gruesome adversary, the Joker is just having too much fun to destroy his beloved toy. This symbiotic relationship creates a stalemate for the arch nemeses and considerable tension for the audience.

Then there is Harvey Dent, pulled in opposite directions by the tug-of-war created by Batman and the Joker.

Dent's optimism and criminal batting average make him the perfect target for the Joker, who infects Gotham's "White Knight" with his anarchic virus. As a result, Dent is disfigured - both physically and psychologically - and reduced to a vengeful force of justice and providence: Two Face. With his new moniker, Dent deals out his own brand of justice at the flip of a coin.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain," claims the quintessential Dent, a concept that both he and the Batman struggle with throughout the film, as they attempt to discern the needs of the citizens of Gotham from those of their own.

Even more stunning than these intriguingly complex characters is Nolan's use of IMAX cameras to create spectacular imagery, particularly over the rooftops of Gotham. The visuals cause jaws to drop from the initial shot overlooking the beginnings of a bank robbery to the Batman's exhilarating freefall in downtown Hong Kong.

Take my word for it: See this movie in IMAX. No one will regret it.

"The Dark Knight" runs at 152 minutes, but with all the intense action, fascinating images and amazing character performances, viewers will not know where the time went.

Already having broken several records including opening weekend total revenue ($155.34 million) and fastest rate of online ticket sales (15 tickets per second on Fandango.com), "The Dark Knight" is easily the biggest movie release in the history of Hollywood.

Ian Bostick can be reached at bostick.21@osu.edu.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680719' date='Jul 22 2008, 02:39 PM']i just saw it for the 3rd time. it gets even better each time i see it.[/quote]

I've seen it twice. Probably won't see it a 3rd (if nothing else due to time) but its fun to be able to watch the batman/joker scenes online. Even online it gives you chills.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680606' date='Jul 22 2008, 12:39 AM']a superhero has super powers. batman doesnt have any.[/quote]

Did you make that definition up yourself?

Yeah, just forget the fact that he is one of the most brilliant minds in the comic book universe, and is probably in the top .0001% as far as human ability goes. Fights crime, wears a costume, uses amazing gadgets. His peers are the Justice League. And almost every comic book writer ever will say that if needed Batman could defeat any superhero.

But yeah Batman is just a regular hero, just like any regular ol' joe that saw a little old lady getting mugged and stalled the guy until cops got there.

Oh well, I guess that makes Iron Man not a superhero too.

:geek:

Anyways, back on topic.

Good movie, loved the Watchmen trailer. Ledger did a pretty good Joker, definitely the best yet. I just didn't think it was earth shattering. I guess I'll just have to see who the other nominees are before saying whether or not he should be nominated.

I thought the movie was great in general, wish Ledger wouldn't have died, because i think i would have loved it even more had it not been imho over-hyped.

[quote name='creechnasty' post='680768' date='Jul 22 2008, 08:12 PM']Did you make that definition up yourself?

Yeah, just forget the fact that he is one of the most brilliant minds in the comic book universe, and is probably in the top .0001% as far as human ability goes. Fights crime, wears a costume, uses amazing gadgets. His peers are the Justice League. And almost every comic book writer ever will say that if needed Batman could defeat any superhero.

But yeah Batman is just a regular hero, just like any regular ol' joe that saw a little old lady getting mugged and stalled the guy until cops got there.

Oh well, I guess that makes Iron Man not a superhero too.

:geek:

Anyways, back on topic.

Good movie, loved the Watchmen trailer. Ledger did a pretty good Joker, definitely the best yet. I just didn't think it was earth shattering. I guess I'll just have to see who the other nominees are before saying whether or not he should be nominated.

I thought the movie was great in general, wish Ledger wouldn't have died, because i think i would have loved it even more had it not been imho over-hyped.[/quote]

thats my definition. im pretty sure im entitled to define it how i want.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, the first page of this thread looked like reading a government document.

Saw it yesterday and thought it was a great movie. When it started I wasn't sure I was watching the right movie. They completely changed the look of Gotham City.

[spoiler]I also thought they were setting up Harvey Dent to be in the third movie. I wasn't expecting him to become 2 face yet, and I think he is dead.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Jason' post='684039' date='Aug 3 2008, 08:51 PM']Wow, the first page of this thread looked like reading a government document.

Saw it yesterday and thought it was a great movie. When it started I wasn't sure I was watching the right movie. They completely changed the look of Gotham City.

[spoiler]I also thought they were setting up Harvey Dent to be in the third movie. I wasn't expecting him to become 2 face yet, and I think he is dead.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]if they make a 3rd movie he will definitely be in it. no way did he die from that.[/spoiler]

Archived