"The Dark Knight"

Go Skins

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680384' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:14 AM']Ledger changed most of the role. [b]Go read some sites[/b] where they talk about what Ledger did. Most of the things the Joker did in the movie were added in by Ledger. He spent a month alone in a hotel room researching in old comics and watching a Clockwork Orange and other things to create the mannerisms and voice of the Joker. During scenes there are at least 8 things I read about that he created in the film and Christopher Nolan said they were brilliant.

It was the largest screen count ever for a movie. They broke that record too.[/quote]
get off your lazy ass and post some links ;)

Also if they REALLY considered replacing Heath with a new Joker it wouldnt be Downey even if he didnt do Iron Man. No chance.

It would be between 4 guys:

Daniel Day Lewis
Johnny Depp (id hope not though)
Joaquin Pheonix
Crispin Glover

The problem is none of them will be able to do it as good as Heath so it would be weird. It is really disappointing. Id rather not have the Joker in the third film because no one is going to be able to stand up to Heaths performance.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680387' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:33 AM']Also if they REALLY considered replacing Heath with a new Joker it wouldnt be Downey even if he didnt do Iron Man. No chance.

Daniel Day Lewis
Joaquin Pheonix
Crispin Glover

The problem is none of them will be able to do it as good as Heath so it would be weird. It is really disappointing. Id rather not have the Joker in the third film because no one is going to be able to stand up to Heaths performance.[/quote]
Downey's a better actor than any of those, imo. But, I can see Glover [i]maybe[/i]. Depp and Phoenix don't remotely have the chops. Depp is a clown, if you'll pardon the pun :P

I don't think I've ever been bored enough to watch a flick with DDL ^_^

Yeah I really hope they dont try to replace the Joker, ledger nailed the part and I'd be a bit disapoited if they brought in someone new.

Now I saw a big name for the Riddler that I think could absolutly nail the part on another board. Hugo Weaving.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680392' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:38 AM']Yeah I really hope they dont try to replace the Joker, ledger nailed the part and I'd be a bit disapoited if they brought in someone new.

Now I saw a big name for the Riddler that I think could absolutly nail the part on another board. Hugo Weaving.[/quote]
:hmm:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680391' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:38 AM']Downey's a better actor than any of those, imo. But, I can see Glover [i]maybe[/i]. Depp and Phoenix don't remotely have the chops. Depp is a clown, if you'll pardon the pun :P

I don't think I've ever been bored enough to watch a flick with DDL ^_^[/quote]

i dont like Depp, but he could do it. Downey is one of my favorite actors of all time but he wouldnt work at all as the Joker. You obviously dont know much about Phoenix, he could have definitely done it. No one will be able to do it to Ledgers performance though. DDL and Phoenix could both definitely have done it if Ledger never did and everyone would have liked it.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680394' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:49 AM']i dont like Depp, but he could do it. Downey is one of my favorite actors of all time but he wouldnt work at all as the Joker. You obviously dont know much about Phoenix, he could have definitely done it. No one will be able to do it to Ledgers performance though. DDL and Phoenix could both definitely have done it if Ledger never did and everyone would have liked it.[/quote]
whatever. where are the links? :P

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680387' date='Jul 21 2008, 10:33 AM']Also if they REALLY considered replacing Heath with a new Joker it wouldnt be Downey even if he didnt do Iron Man. No chance.

Daniel Day Lewis
Joaquin Pheonix
Crispin Glover

The problem is none of them will be able to do it as good as Heath so it would be weird. It is really disappointing. Id rather not have the Joker in the third film because no one is going to be able to stand up to Heaths performance.[/quote]

Daniel Day Lewis and Joaquin Phoenix (both good actors) would be AWFUL choices. Crispin could probably pull it off, but would likely make a better Riddler. Depp, well I don't think there is any role Depp can't pull off.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680438' date='Jul 21 2008, 02:15 PM']Daniel Day Lewis and Joaquin Phoenix (both good actors) would be AWFUL choices. Crispin could probably pull it off, but would likely make a better Riddler. Depp, well I don't think there is any role Depp can't pull off.[/quote]

Christopher Nolan knows his stuff and before they picked Heath DDL and JP were both considered for the Joker role. They both could have done it. Depp is one of the most overrated actors of all time.

BTW, ill be seeing TDK for the 3rd time this week when i go see it tonight in the IMAX.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680444' date='Jul 21 2008, 02:39 PM']Christopher Nolan knows his stuff and before they picked Heath DDL and JP were both considered for the Joker role. They both could have done it. Depp is one of the most overrated actors of all time.

BTW, ill be seeing TDK for the 3rd time this week when i go see it tonight in the IMAX.[/quote]

being considered for a role doesn't mean you'd do well in the role. :)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='680444' date='Jul 21 2008, 03:39 PM']Depp is one of the most overrated actors of all time.[/quote]

1) You fucking out of your mind.

2) You're basing that off of three Disney movies...the second and third which probably aren't made if he doesn't save the first one.

3) Heath Ledger was in 10 Things I Hate about You, everybody's got their shitty movies.

The Dark Knight is probably the best move I've seen since I really don't even know when...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680467' date='Jul 21 2008, 03:40 PM']If they go by what the screenwriter said about the influences, the next one should include 2 face and the hangman. (as the dark victory is supposed to be the influce in the story)[/quote]

[quote]The Hangman: A serial killer (during the Dark Victory storyline), who murders police officers on every holiday of the year, leaving behind a version of the children's word game "Hangman" (with key letters missing) with each new victim. All of the victims are police officers who, in one way or another, helped Harvey Dent rise to his position of District Attorney. In the end, the Hangman is revealed to be Sofia Falcone Gigante, daughter of the late crime boss, Carmine Falcone.[/quote]

hmmm interesting. Where is the quote from the screenwriter?

"David S. Goyer said that the graphic novels "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" by Jeph Loeb were a huge influence on his screenplay."

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/trivia"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/trivia[/url]

scroll down.

Also thruman, DDL was considered for Liem Neilson's part in the first one not for the joker.

Viggo Mortensen turned down Liam Neeson's role. Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/trivia"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/trivia[/url]

Robin Williams, Lachy Hulme, Paul Bettany, and Adrien Brody all expressed interest for the role of the Joker before Heath Ledger was cast.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680477' date='Jul 21 2008, 03:57 PM']"David S. Goyer said that the graphic novels "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" by Jeph Loeb were a huge influence on his screenplay."

scroll down.[/quote]

so for batman begins, not the dark knight.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680485' date='Jul 21 2008, 04:12 PM']so for batman begins, not the dark knight.[/quote]

The Long Halloween was for Dark Knight, so I imagine Dark Victory will have some influence over the next one.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Long_Halloween"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Long_Halloween[/url]

[quote]This story is quoted by David S. Goyer (who wrote Batman Begins and its sequel The Dark Knight) as being among his screenwriting inspirations. The issue in The Long Halloween in which the Roman Empire is so damaged that Falcone has to get help from the "freaks" (i.e., The Riddler, Poison Ivy, The Scarecrow, and The Mad Hatter), was re-used in The Dark Knight as the reason why Gotham's underworld bosses had to hire someone as over-the-edge as The Joker. The "Dark Knight" film's characterization of Harvey Dent is very similar to the The Long Halloweens. Two-Face's scarring is very similar to that in the Long Halloween. Worth noting also, is the marketing campaign during Halloween 2007, in which one of the related websites had a pumpkin which over time began to resemble the cover of issue #13 of the story.[/quote]

if they want to add a new femal element, I think someone like Angelina Jolie has obviously the physicality, but also the acting chops to keep up with the rest of the cast. Not sure if she'd be a good Poison Ivy, Catwoman, or Harley Quinn (who I'd love to see make an appearance), but maybe a lesser known villain. I thought this was kind of interesting that they could expand on:

[quote]The world’s richest woman and top female tycoon, based in Gotham City, Ruby Ryder is also a femme fatale and a full-fledged big time criminal. Three meetings with Batman ends in defeat and prison. She also encounters Metamorpho, Green Arrow, the Metal Men and Plastic Man, the latter who falls in love with her.[/quote]

She's definately got the presence to be a believable female character taking control of the mob.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680509' date='Jul 22 2008, 08:50 AM']if they want to add a new femal element, I think someone like Angelina Jolie has obviously the physicality, but also the acting chops to keep up with the rest of the cast. Not sure if she'd be a good Poison Ivy, Catwoman, or Harley Quinn (who I'd love to see make an appearance), but maybe a lesser known villain. I thought this was kind of interesting that they could expand on:

She's definately got the presence to be a believable female character taking control of the mob.[/quote]
If they bring Jolie into the series I will vomit.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680514' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:00 PM']If they bring Jolie into the series I will vomit.[/quote]

'eh I'm not a huge fan and think she's kind of overrated (particulary from an attractiveness standpoint), but she definately fits the bill of the type of actor/actress Nolan has been casting. Big names that can give strong performances of his strong script. If they want to cast someone who can match Batman physically and Bruce in stature and presence, she'd be a good choice.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680517' date='Jul 22 2008, 09:05 AM']'eh I'm not a huge fan and think she's kind of overrated (particulary from an attractiveness standpoint), but she definately fits the bill of the type of actor/actress Nolan has been casting. Big names that can give strong performances of his strong script. If they want to cast someone who can match Batman physically and Bruce in stature and presence, she'd be a good choice.[/quote]
I understand what you're getting at. I just hope it doesn't happen.

I can't stand looking at her, and I don't think she's much of an actress, either.

Charlize, maybe?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680447' date='Jul 21 2008, 02:48 PM']being considered for a role doesn't mean you'd do well in the role. :)[/quote]

when its christopher nolan it means u would do just fine in the role.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='680481' date='Jul 21 2008, 04:06 PM']Also thruman, DDL was considered for Liem Neilson's part in the first one not for the joker.

Viggo Mortensen turned down Liam Neeson's role. Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached.

Robin Williams, Lachy Hulme, Paul Bettany, and Adrien Brody all expressed interest for the role of the Joker before Heath Ledger was cast.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia[/url][/quote]

IMDB is written by fans. Trust me DDL was considered for the Jokers role. It was mentioned by Christopher Nolan early in the process of TDK. I bet it will be mentioned on the commentary once the DVD comes out.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680509' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:50 PM']if they want to add a new femal element, I think someone like Angelina Jolie has obviously the physicality, but also the acting chops to keep up with the rest of the cast. Not sure if she'd be a good Poison Ivy, Catwoman, or Harley Quinn (who I'd love to see make an appearance), but maybe a lesser known villain. I thought this was kind of interesting that they could expand on:

She's definately got the presence to be a believable female character taking control of the mob.[/quote]

Poison Ivy has no chance as its not realistic. Catwoman would be a good choice, but i dont think Nolan likes Catwoman. Harley Quinn is the Jokers assistant/love interest. That really wouldnt work unless they cast a new Joker.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680524' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:17 PM']I understand what you're getting at. I just hope it doesn't happen.

I can't stand looking at her, and I don't think she's much of an actress, either.

Charlize, maybe?[/quote]

Id MUCH rather look at Jolie than Charlize (tho charlize isnt bad). Did you turn gay down there?

Archived