Sarah Palin to be McCain's VP Candidate

Chris Henrys Dealer

[quote name='Lucid' post='692770' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:53 AM']What is it you like about her?[/quote]
Admittedly I know very little at this point, like everyone else outside of Alaska, I'm still learning. But she has built a reputation of being extremely hostile towards government waste. She won the governorship based on that. One example I've heard is that she sold the multi-million dollar private jet that her predecessor had purchased, drives her own car rather than taking state-provided transportation (granted, her car IS a Chevy Suburban, and I'm sure she turns in an expense report just like the rest of us who drives her own car for work, but in defense of the Suburban, she does have 5 kids. That's a lot of soccer practice). I'm keeping my eyes open for other examples.

Her husband looks like a dude that would prefer to sit on the couch and watch NFL Network 24-7 and let his wife bring home the bacon. I highly admire that. :ninja:

Not to mention the MILF quality is undeniable. no ninja.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='692822' date='Aug 29 2008, 02:06 PM']The McCain campaign could have sold Ms. Hilton's foreign policy prowess by simply stating her name is Paris. Plus she's had many foreign objects in her....[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='692822' date='Aug 29 2008, 02:06 PM']The McCain campaign could have sold Ms. Hilton's foreign policy prowess by simply stating her name is Paris. Plus she's had many foreign objects in her....[/quote]

It's more forigen policy experience than Palin has.

:ninja:

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='692791' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:32 PM']Admittedly I know very little at this point, like everyone else outside of Alaska, I'm still learning. But she has built a reputation of being extremely hostile towards government waste. She won the governorship based on that. One example I've heard is that she sold the multi-million dollar private jet that her predecessor had purchased, drives her own car rather than taking state-provided transportation (granted, her car IS a Chevy Suburban, and I'm sure she turns in an expense report just like the rest of us who drives her own car for work, but in defense of the Suburban, she does have 5 kids. That's a lot of soccer practice). I'm keeping my eyes open for other examples.

[b]Her husband looks like a dude that would prefer to sit on the couch and watch NFL Network 24-7 and let his wife bring home the bacon. I highly admire that. :ninja:
[/b]
Not to mention the MILF quality is undeniable. no ninja.[/quote]

The modern man's dream.

good god this site is incredibly liberal

:mellow:

i've learned as much about her as I could and I agree with her positions on most issues, and some of the things she's done and stands for.

plus the fact I don't like much any of barack obamas policies at all........

= pull the lever for mccain? or stay home?

I dont know.....

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='692868' date='Aug 29 2008, 05:13 PM']good god this site is incredibly [s]liberal[/s][color="#FF0000"][b]anti-neo-conservatism
[/b][/color]

i've learned as much about her as I could and I agree with her positions on most issues, and some of the things she's done and stands for.

I dont know.....[/quote]

FIXED!

I dunno man, do you want to go to war with Iran or not? If so, pull the lever for the crotchety old man.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='692873' date='Aug 29 2008, 05:30 PM']FIXED!

I dunno man, do you want to go to war with Iran or not? If so, pull the lever for the crotchety old man.[/quote]

ok w/e

i've heard all sides of all arguments. the reality is I usually find myself logically agreeing with the conservative opinion, although i don't consider myself a "conservative", more like a moderate I guess. On paper and at first glance the liberal view points come off as convincing and I'm like, "well maybe they're on to something". But I like to dig much deeper than the sugar coated politics as they're presented in speeches and in little blurbs or blogs or w/e. I like to really see all sides and why something is good, why it would be bad etc..... And every time I do that, I usually end up on the middle/right and far from the left.

plus I don't get emotional about politics at all, and democrats really seem to play on and appeal to peoples emotions and they're good at it. But I like things that appeal to my logic and common sense.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='692891' date='Aug 29 2008, 07:28 PM']ok w/e

i've heard all sides of all arguments. the reality is I usually find myself logically agreeing with the conservative opinion, although i don't consider myself a "conservative", more like a moderate I guess. On paper and at first glance the liberal view points come off as convincing and I'm like, "well maybe they're on to something". But I like to dig much deeper than the sugar coated politics as they're presented in speeches and in little blurbs or blogs or w/e. I like to really see all sides and why something is good, why it would be bad etc..... And every time I do that, I usually end up on the middle/right and far from the left.

plus I don't get emotional about politics at all, and democrats really seem to play on and appeal to peoples emotions and they're good at it. But I like things that appeal to my logic and common sense.[/quote]
is this the first time youve ever paid attention to politicking in america?

the neo conservatives are the epitome of playing to peoples emotions

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='692726' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:57 AM'][b]Not when the President is [size=4]72[/size] ... and could easily die of old age at any moment.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/margotb822/mccainpalin.jpg[/img]

Wow, McCain is losing his mind ..... this pick is the equivalent of campaign suicide. :lol:

Here's the kicker: McCain never even met the girl before this past Sunday. That's right .... never even spoke a word to her or had any personal interaction with her until 5 days ago! This alone tells me this wasn't McCain's pick at all .... His party masters absolutely told him NO to Romney, Leiberman and Tom Ridge .... in favor of a town Mayor, PTA member, Hockey mom, Hard core pro-life Creationist ....

I was going to mention she also has an "unmarried" 17 yr. old daughter who is currently preggo ..... but people don't care about that stuff .... right?

This is totally an idealogical pick ....

[url="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/"]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/[/url]

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='692868' date='Aug 29 2008, 05:13 PM']good god this site is incredibly liberal

I dont know.....[/quote]

this site isnt liberal, just most of the people who visit here.

besides cat, Jason and me I dont know any other conservatives, we are trying to fight the good fight.

[quote name='rudi32' post='692949' date='Aug 29 2008, 08:42 PM']this site isnt liberal, just most of the people who visit here.

besides cat, Jason and me I dont know any other conservatives, we are trying to fight the good fight.[/quote]
There are plenty of us here. It's just we have real jobs and responsibilities that prevent us from posting youtube clips here every ten minutes or responding to every convoluted conspiracy theorist that comes along.

[quote name='rudi32' post='692949' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:42 PM']this site isnt liberal, just most of the people who visit here.

besides cat, Jason and me I dont know any other conservatives, we are trying to fight the good fight.[/quote]

I'm on the conservative side as well. I read these forums to get the viewpoint of the other side, but don't post since I don't feel like having my thoughts bashed by nearly everyone else here. Some posters are so extreme that it makes it impossible to have true political discussions here.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='692954' date='Aug 29 2008, 08:54 PM']There are plenty of us here. It's just we have real jobs and responsibilities that prevent us from posting youtube clips here every ten minutes or responding to every convoluted conspiracy theorist that comes along.[/quote]
I hold mostly conservative ideals too but the current party that is supposed to represent those values and ideas for running a government is currently run by politicians that are anything but truly conservative.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='692844' date='Aug 29 2008, 03:15 PM']and Obama...
At least with the Republican ticket, the inexperience is in the #2 slot.[/quote]

Wong, while it isnt as much as McCain or Biden. Obama is on the senate's foriegn relations commitee.

Women, even though many of them claim to be "pro-choice", when asked, will say they would never do it themselves. At least many of the women I have talked to. And this was a group of women who just finished talking about how great Obama is and how his pick for VP was the best choice ever. Hypocrite?

Neocon? You think this group of dems aren't neocons? Ha! I laugh. Biden is part of the Foreign Relations Committee and has a record against the second ammendment.

Besides, look it up. Biden is a Steelers fan ...

[quote name='Missing Link' post='692980' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:45 PM']Pretty much sums up the Palin pick ...

[b]BALLGAME OVER! [/b][/quote]

:lol:

"It's a bold move by John McCain to reach out to the Eskimo vote, which has been totally ignored by the news media."

Archived