Now that your "EYEs have been opened"

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702168' date='Sep 17 2008, 03:19 PM']Are you trying to tell me you've never Booed or [b]critisized[/b] the bengals>?[/quote]

I hardly ever CRITICIZE them, and I have never booed them.
So believe me when I say you are not a homer. Nowhere close.

[quote]I dont have a gambling problem.[/quote]

Sure you do.

[quote]BTW you murdered the spelling of "BET" while calling me a fucking a moron and idiot all throughout your post. . . . .[/quote]

Oh sorry. I didn`t know this was a spelling class.
And you really shouldn`t CRITICIZE a person's spelling, in a post where you misspelled a word.

And I never called you a moron. I said that if you BET on a team
that you have no faith in to win, and you can't help it, that you
do indeed have a gambling problem, are an idiot and are
a bigger dumbass than anyone that posts here.

This was in regards to you saying "However im not an idiot. When my team sucks ass im not going to walk around and act like they dont suck ass. People that do that (like you) make themselves look very dumb."

So you called me dumb, and in the same breath called yourself a homer.
Laughable.

[quote]I also never said they WERE the 07 dolphins, and definitely Didnt once say THEY WERE worse than the 07 dolphins.

I said that this season could be like the 07 dolphins for the bengals! Maybe you should emphasize the word COULD in that sentence and then you might understand.[/quote]

And they COULD turn things around and win the division.
But people that think they COULD are dumb, right?

Again, eat shit.

The Browns, Jags, Seahawks, Vikings and Chargers are also all 0-2. What's your point? We may put together a decent game yet. Two games under bad circumstances isn't a good way to judge our team. Wait to see how well we perform against the Giants. Even if we lose a tight one to them on the road, I'd call it an improvement.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='702175' date='Sep 17 2008, 04:37 PM']I hardly ever CRITICIZE them, and I have never booed them.
So believe me when I say you are not a homer. Nowhere close.

Sure you do.

Oh sorry. I didn`t know this was a spelling class.
And you really shouldn`t CRITICIZE a person's spelling, in a post where you misspelled a word.

And I never called you a moron. I said that if you BET on a team
that you have no faith in to win, and you can't help it, that you
do indeed have a gambling problem, are an idiot and are
a bigger dumbass than anyone that posts here.

This was in regards to you saying "However im not an idiot. When my team sucks ass im not going to walk around and act like they dont suck ass. People that do that (like you) make themselves look very dumb."

So you called me dumb, and in the same breath called yourself a homer.
Laughable.

And they COULD turn things around and win the division.
But people that think they COULD are dumb, right?

Again, eat shit.[/quote]

Well at least the word i misspelled had more than 3 letters.

I said it made you "look" dumb. Im trying to not act like a immature teenager and throw around insults like im some intrawebz tough guy.

And using your LOGIC. about the "coulds"

So if we go 0-6 and you start saying "well hrmmm if we win out we could still go 10-6 It COULD happen, We COULD still turn things around"

Im guessing you wouldnt consider that dumb right>? Im just using your LOGIC.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='702177' date='Sep 17 2008, 04:43 PM']The Browns, Jags, Seahawks, Vikings and Chargers are also all 0-2. What's your point? We may put together a decent game yet. Two games under bad circumstances isn't a good way to judge our team. Wait to see how well we perform against the Giants. Even if we lose a tight one to them on the road, I'd call it an improvement.[/quote]

Umm again. Look at the teams those other teams have played. Also check out our offensive stats.

So yeah, we dont compare to those teams.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702184' date='Sep 17 2008, 04:05 PM']Well at least the word i misspelled had more than 3 letters.

I said it made you "look" dumb. Im trying to not act like a immature teenager and throw around insults like im some intrawebz tough guy.

And using your LOGIC. about the "coulds"

So if we go 0-6 and you start saying "well hrmmm if we win out we could still go 10-6 It COULD happen, We COULD still turn things around"

Im guessing you wouldnt consider that dumb right>? Im just using your LOGIC.[/quote]

Oh my fucking God. You are really a piece of work.

OK, so you LOOK like an idiot and you LOOK like a dumbass
for betting on a team that you have no faith in winning.

Better?

The Bengals are not 0-6. They are 0-2.
They started the season 0-3 in 2003, and went on to win 8 out of their next 11 games.
That was with no TJ, No Carson Palmer, and less talent than what we have on Defense.
So recent history shows that this team can indeed turn things around. So I am not dumb,
nor do I LOOK dumb for thinking that this team can turn things around after an 0-2 start.

The 2001 Patriots started 0-2, after having a 5-11 record in the year 2000.
The Giants started 0-2 in 2007, after having an 8-8 season in 2006.

Also, over the past 18 years, almost every season there is at least one team
that makes the Playoffs after starting 0-2 or worse.

So why can`t the Bengals do it? Because they are the Bengals?

Winless starts, playoff finishes
Year Team (Start) Advanced to:
1990 Oilers (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1990 Eagles (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1990 Saints (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1991 Falcons (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1992 Chargers (0-4) Divisional playoffs
1993 Steelers (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1993 Cowboys (0-2) Won Super Bowl XXVIII
1994 Patriots (0-2) Wild card playoffs
1995 Lions (0-3) Wild card playoffs
1996 Patriots (0-2) Lost Super Bowl XXXI
1998 Cardinals (0-2) Divisional playoffs
1998 Bills (0-3) Wild card playoffs
1998 Jets (0-2) Championship game
2001 Patriots (0-2) Won Super Bowl XXXVI
2002 Falcons (0-2) Divisional playoffs
2002 Steelers (0-2) Divisional playoffs
2003 Eagles (0-2) Championship game
2006 Chiefs (0-2) Wild card playoffs
2007 Giants (0-2) Won Super Bowl XLII

So you are not using my logic.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702184' date='Sep 17 2008, 05:05 PM']Umm again. Look at the teams those other teams have played. Also check out our offensive stats.

So yeah, we dont compare to those teams.[/quote]
Ummm, yeah, the Browns lost to two playoff teams and we lost to one, and the other with one of if not the best defense in the NFL, that had insight into the way our offense was run. You could make all these arguments for all the 0-2 teams. Vikings, Jags, San Diesgo, etc. All 0-2. ALL OF THEM.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='702039' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:57 AM']so if we were able to throw the ball last week, you dont think the game could have gone differently?[/quote]

If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be drunk. This team sucks, basically always will. Get over it. Get use to it. Move on. Say what you will, the Bungals are where promising football players come to die. I myself have devoted my Sundays to non-Bungal related activities and have been a much happier individual come Monday. OK. Im a fucking asshole, not a real fan blah blah blah.....when in fact if you knew me like a couple people on here actually do, you would know I have and always will be a supporter of this alledged football team. I am simply done with them as far as dedicating time and money to see them only to be let down week after fucking week after year. Fuck em! To me they are background music.

[quote name='Smizno' post='702202' date='Sep 17 2008, 08:21 PM']If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be drunk. This team sucks, basically always will. Get over it. Get use to it. Move on. Say what you will, the Bungals are where promising football players come to die. I myself have devoted my Sundays to non-Bungal related activities and have been a much happier individual come Monday. OK. Im a fucking asshole, not a real fan blah blah blah.....when in fact if you knew me like a couple people on here actually do, you would know I have and always will be a supporter of this alledged football team. I am simply done with them as far as dedicating time and money to see them only to be let down week after fucking week after year. Fuck em! To me they are background music.[/quote]
Dude, take this however you want to, but I honestly believe we are not as bad as we've looked in the first two games. To me, there's just too much talent on the offense. Sure, we could easily be 0-3 after Sunday and we haven't played well, but I am looking forward to this game as more of an accurate gauge of where we really are, because it will be the first one we have played this year where excuses and reasons and weather won't be a factor.

We're on the road to the reigning Superbowl Champs whom are 2-0, but I actually like our chances in this one. If we lose, and then lose to the Browns the following week in the "Battle For Worst Ohio Team" then I'll be pretty out of it, much like I treat the Reds this time of year.

But we aren't there yet. Give the team and it's young talent a chance to improve. If not, then whatever, all complaints apply.

Here's to 2-2!

Who-Dey!
\

[quote name='Smizno' post='702202' date='Sep 17 2008, 07:21 PM']If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be drunk. This team sucks, basically always will. Get over it. Get use to it. Move on. Say what you will, the Bungals are where promising football players come to die. I myself have devoted my Sundays to non-Bungal related activities and have been a much happier individual come Monday. OK. Im a fucking asshole, not a real fan blah blah blah.....when in fact if you knew me like a couple people on here actually do, you would know I have and always will be a supporter of this alledged football team. I am simply done with them as far as dedicating time and money to see them only to be let down week after fucking week after year. Fuck em! To me they are background music.[/quote]

How can you say [b]"I have and always will be a supporter of this alledged football team."[/b]
And then in the same breath say [b]"I am simply done with them as far as dedicating time
and money to see them only to be let down week after fucking week after year. Fuck em!
To me they are background music."[/b]

Good Lord. That sure is a contradiction.

Any Bengals fan that calls the team a derogatory word that rival fans use to demean them
is a fan that needs to do other things on Sundays, and should stay away from Bengals message boards too.

I mean seriously, I really don`t care that you don`t care.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='702251' date='Sep 17 2008, 10:58 PM']How can you say [b]"I have and always will be a supporter of this alledged football team."[/b]
And then in the same breath say [b]"I am simply done with them as far as dedicating time
and money to see them only to be let down week after fucking week after year. Fuck em!
To me they are background music."[/b]

Good Lord. That sure is a contradiction.

Any Bengals fan that calls the team a derogatory word that rival fans use to demean them
is a fan that needs to do other things on Sundays, and should stay away from Bengals message boards too.

[b]I mean seriously, I really don`t care that you don`t care.[/b][/quote]

And quite frankly I could care less about what you care about either. Of course I still want them to win I am just finished setting blocks of time out to actually watch a game when I could be doing something productive or at least more enjoyable instead of watching a bad football team and being in a bad mood for days because of it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='702255' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:16 PM']Smizno and Bgwilly are fucking idiots...go read some of BGwillys old posts in the reds forums and you'll understand why. He is one of those guys that thrive off being negative.[/quote]
Idiots....is that the best you have? Sorry for having an opinion on a MESSAGE BOARD. You fucking jabroni.

[quote name='Smizno' post='702282' date='Sep 18 2008, 05:09 AM']And quite frankly I could care less about what you care about either. Of course I still want them to win I am just finished setting blocks of time out to actually watch a game when I could be doing something productive or at least more enjoyable instead of watching a bad football team and being in a bad mood for days because of it.[/quote]

Well, if you COULD care less, that means you care.

If don`t want to watch them, or support them. And all
you want to do is call them demeaning names, then why
are you even here? To let us all know that you are done?
OK. Now we know. No reason for you to post anymore
now is there?

:wave:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='702291' date='Sep 18 2008, 07:34 AM']Well, if you COULD care less, that means you care.

If don`t want to watch them, or support them. And all
you want to do is call them demeaning names, then why
are you even here? To let us all know that you are done?
OK. Now we know. No reason for you to post anymore
now is there?

:wave:[/quote]

If you dont like to read people venting or like to read other peoples Opinions about the team then you can leave as well.

So :wave: right back at ya. I love you act like your better because you look through orange glasses all season long and brag to your friends about how your team can still come back. :lol:
----------------------------------------------------

Anyway.

So i read this, this morning, from my ESPN fantasy updates. . . . .. . .

[b]Carson Palmer, QB[/b], Bengals: Sell, sell, sell. Whatever it takes. With three fantasy points in two games, Palmer has been outscored by three Chiefs quarterbacks! Come up with alternatives for your Bengals; [b]they're in for a long, low-scoring season.[/b]

Those espn guys dont know shit. What games are they watching. Were still the same team as 05' The Giants did it!

Were going to the superBOWL! Whooodeyyyy :) :lol:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702347' date='Sep 18 2008, 11:21 AM']If you dont like to read people venting or like to read other peoples Opinions about the team then you can leave as well.

So :wave: right back at ya. I love you act like your better because you look through orange glasses all season long and brag to your friends about how your team can still come back. :lol:
----------------------------------------------------

Anyway.

So i read this, this morning, from my ESPN fantasy updates. . . . .. . .

[b]Carson Palmer, QB[/b], Bengals: Sell, sell, sell. Whatever it takes. With three fantasy points in two games, Palmer has been outscored by three Chiefs quarterbacks! Come up with alternatives for your Bengals; [b]they're in for a long, low-scoring season.[/b]

Those espn guys dont know shit. What games are they watching. Were still the same team as 05' The Giants did it!

Were going to the superBOWL! Whooodeyyyy :) :lol:[/quote]

Alright, if you are so confident the bengals are gonna only win like 3 or 4 games or whatever, lets make a bet...if the bengals win 6 or less games Ill never post here again, if they win 7 or more you never post here again. You in?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='702373' date='Sep 18 2008, 12:07 PM']Alright, if you are so confident the bengals are gonna only win like 3 or 4 games or whatever, lets make a bet...if the bengals win 6 or less games Ill never post here again, if they win 7 or more you never post here again. You in?[/quote]

Well you would lose.

But no im not in. I dont care if you dont ever post here anymore or if you do. Doesnt matter to me.

So the circumtances arent there.

Plus i already said prior. I dont bet against the bengals.

Yeah this is retarted.

I don't think this team is very good, but its pretty pointless to just rouse up emotions in fans who are more optomistic than you.

I'd rather talk about each week and look at where we have improved, have gotten worse and what we think should be done about it than just ignore football until next year...wheres the fun in that?

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702376' date='Sep 18 2008, 12:12 PM']Well you would lose.

But no im not in. I dont care if you dont ever post here anymore or if you do. Doesnt matter to me.

So the circumtances arent there.

Plus i already said prior. I dont bet against the bengals.[/quote]

I still don't get why you want all these people who have so much invested in the Bengals to admit that this is/was/and will be a very bad team.

What is gained?

Lets say they do admit this. Seems to me that all this would do is make them very angry for making such a poor investment.

What is gained by doing this?

Think about it. Lets use GoBengals as an example. Dude is in his 20's I think? Season ticket holder. Travels to quite a few away games. Runs a Bengals message board too. Except from a history book standpoint, dude has NO CLUE the futility of this franchise.

Why do you want to rain on his parade?

What is gained by doing this?

Let the Bengals fans cheer. They will figure it all out in their own time at their own pace.

Archived