Now that your "EYEs have been opened"

So i mentioned this in another post and more and more orange glasses wearing people come out of the wood work.

So lets discuss.

Basically currently this comes down to 4 teams.

STL
Chiefs
Dolphins
Bengals

Here's the facts.

[b][u]STL-0-2[/u][/b]
Yes they've looked bad. But remember who they have played. Philly & the giants. Both teams in the top 5 this year. I also believe last years bengals, who were leagues ahead of this years bengals, barely beat the STL. 19-10. A game that was 10-7 in the 3rd quarter. A match up this year would be another good game. In which i wouldnt bet on the bengals.

[b][u]Chiefs-0-2[/u][/b]
Ok i watched this team week 1 VS NEW ENGLAND. They didnt look that bad. Put up 10 points against new england and held a team that AVG. around 30 points a game last year to 17. Then they played the underValued Raiders. Raiders were much better than the media were making them out to be after week 1.

[b][u]Dolphins-0-2[/u][/b]
Miami played a great game against a MUCH improved NYJ team. I dont think there's any doubt the NYJ this year are a playoff team. Lost by one score to them. Then they fell victem to a Dangerous Arizona offense @ ARIZONA. Its very hard to defend the ARI> when there offense decides its going to blow.

Bengals-0-2
And then there's us! Who have we played. All these other teams have played either one or two GREAT TEAMS. Not AVG ehh "they might be good this year teams" BUT GREAT teams.

We lost to the ravens, with a rookie QB.
AND
We've lost to TENN> without V. YOUNG!

[i]Judging by who these teams have played and their performances. I dont think its out of the question at all to argue the fact that our Bengals could Possibly be the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL, currently. [/i]

the jets are a sure palyoff team?

they arent even in the top half of the league in any category, points, passing, rushing, defense,

only team they beat was miami... and only by a TD, who got their QB like a month ago (as did the jets, but seriously favre for a month vs chad for a month isnt a comparison)

then they lost to a brady-less patriots team.... at home...

id go as far as to say there isnt a chance the jets make the playoffs...

the patriots, steelers, chargers, broncos, bills, colts, jags, are all better teams.....

[quote name='GoBengals' post='702046' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:03 AM']the jets are a sure palyoff team?

they arent even in the top half of the league in any category, points, passing, rushing, defense,

only team they beat was miami... and only by a TD, who got their QB like a month ago (as did the jets, but seriously favre for a month vs chad for a month isnt a comparison)

then they lost to a brady-less patriots team.... at home...

id go as far as to say there isnt a chance the jets make the playoffs...

the patriots, steelers, chargers, broncos, bills, colts, jags, are all better teams.....[/quote]

Bradyless or not the PATRIOTS ARE THE PATRIOTS> Would you try and tell me you dont think even without brady the patriots wont be a playoff team>?

The jags are 0-2.....

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='702056' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:13 AM']After all the questioning, it's SOOOOOO easy to see why Go would have to ban a few idiots.

The example set here is perfect... by all means, please carry on.[/quote]

Instead of throwing around your meaningless comments like this, how about you speculate AGAINST the points. .

You cant.

Which is why you choose to throw around dumb insults to make yourself feel all cool inside.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702063' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:22 AM']Instead of throwing around your meaningless comments like this, how about you speculate AGAINST the points. .

You cant.

Which is why you choose to throw around dumb insults to make yourself feel all cool inside.[/quote]

LOL!

If YOU get your "cool feelings" from internet message boards, then you have many issues that you need to deal with.

How about we look at some facts that should also be addressed with your posts mmmkay?

bgwilly31 doesn't hardly ever post on the Bengals forum, but LOVES to be negative on the Reds forum.

The Bengals start off horrendously, and sure enough, bgwilly31 and ALL the weirdos come out of woodwork to gnash their teeth, whine, cry, moan, and bitch.

Sure bgwilly31... we are the Miami Dolphins of 2008... are you happy now?

Will you please shut the fuck up now?

Damn...

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='702054' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:11 AM']Bradyless or not the PATRIOTS ARE THE PATRIOTS> Would you try and tell me you dont think even without brady the patriots wont be a playoff team>?

The jags are 0-2.....[/quote]

wouldn't surprise me at all if the patriots don't make the playoffs. They have an old, average D and nothing special special teams that was amsked by a dominant offense, which is now gone. If they do make the playoffs it will be because of the weakness of their division.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='702056' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:13 AM']After all the questioning, it's SOOOOOO easy to see why Go would have to ban a few idiots.

The example set here is perfect... by all means, please carry on.[/quote]

x2.

Its been so bad around here these days that I stopped watching the board completely if we happen to lose a game. I mean its all good to discuss about the result what went bad and things. We are barely into the third week and we are already worse than Dolphins. It is one thing talking shit to other team fans but please spare us with this bull shit crap saying we are worse team and will go 0-16. No wonder how much fair weather fans we do have

This thread is rediculous. First the 2007 Dolphins started Cleo Lemon at QB, lost their top RB and had to turn to Rickey Williams and he didn't last long. The defense was old. The OL was very mediocre. Also they had a new HC who had no shot ast being their the following year.

If you want to make a better comparison, use the 2007 Giants. The Giants had an established QB, they were replacing popular long time starting RB (Tiki), and they had a established HC on the hotseat. The OL was had spotty play early. They had a player bash the team in the offseason. They started 0-2. Sound familiar?

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' post='702075' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:15 PM']This thread is rediculous. First the 2007 Dolphins started Cleo Lemon at QB, lost their top RB and had to turn to Rickey Williams and he didn't last long. The defense was old. The OL was very mediocre. Also they had a new HC who had no shot ast being their the following year.

If you want to make a better comparison, use the 2007 Giants. The Giants had an established QB, they were replacing popular long time starting RB (Tiki), and they had a established HC on the hotseat. The OL was had spotty play early. They had a player bash the team in the offseason. They started 0-2. Sound familiar?[/quote]
dont kid yourself

we are not the 2007 giants

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' post='702078' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:20 PM']We are closer to them than the Fins.[/quote]
mmmmkay

ur crazy to think that, heres why

the giants defense last year was ranked top 5, we are bottom 5

their offense, while it struggled early clicked and ended up top 15.

ours is the bottom 3 in the league.

I am trying to stay positive though its hard and my post show the frustration, but I wonder what will happen when we go 1-7 half way through the season.

I guaran--damn--tee-- you there will be homers in here saying we can win 8 games in a row and go 9-7.

so No, we are much closer to the fins than the giants

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='702069' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:36 AM']LOL!

If YOU get your "cool feelings" from internet message boards, then you have many issues that you need to deal with.

How about we look at some facts that should also be addressed with your posts mmmkay?

bgwilly31 doesn't hardly ever post on the Bengals forum, but LOVES to be negative on the Reds forum.

The Bengals start off horrendously, and sure enough, bgwilly31 and ALL the weirdos come out of woodwork to gnash their teeth, whine, cry, moan, and bitch.

Sure bgwilly31... we are the Miami Dolphins of 2008... are you happy now?

Will you please shut the fuck up now?

Damn...[/quote]

Umm i dont get cool feelings from the instraweb. I said you do.....And i am one of the biggest reds fans on this board. I posted about everything on the reds forum. The good times and the bad. Not my fault theres was more bad this year than good.

And once again. Im sure you feel extra cool throwing insults and talking all big on the intrawebz tough guy.

[quote name='sparky151' post='702070' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:38 AM']I think the Bengals are better than the Chiefs, Rams, Dolphins, and probably the Raiders. Maybe the Texans too. Right now, this looks like a 4 or 5 win season but once teams start getting depleted with injuries, the Bengals might compare better.[/quote]

Why are we excluded from being depleted from injuries. And thats fine you think were better than those teams but the question is why you think were so much better than those teams>?>

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='702073' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:42 AM']wouldn't surprise me at all if the patriots don't make the playoffs. They have an old, average D and nothing special special teams that was amsked by a dominant offense, which is now gone. If they do make the playoffs it will be because of the weakness of their division.[/quote]

Here we go bengals1181.
They will make the playoffs. And their division isnt so soft anymore. The bills have come out firing. They could be the surprise team of the year. And the jets picked up FAVRE, and are playing like mad men because of it. I wouldnt be surprised one bit if both wildcard spots didnt come out of that division.

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='702074' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:50 AM']x2.

Its been so bad around here these days that I stopped watching the board completely if we happen to lose a game. I mean its all good to discuss about the result what went bad and things. We are barely into the third week and we are already worse than Dolphins. It is one thing talking shit to other team fans but please spare us with this bull shit crap saying we are worse team and will go 0-16. No wonder how much fair weather fans we do have[/quote]

Im not a fairweather fan. Im here and have been here. Never left.

Never will.

I just call it as i see it. I dont wear orange glasses all day long.

Not to mention its about a 90% chance we come back to cincy next weekend 0-3.

As of right now im hoping The browns lose as well. And then we can have BATTLE ROYAL of the 0-3 teams looking for their first win. It would be great if we make them go 0-4 and we get our 1st win of the year!

[quote name='rudi32' post='702077' date='Sep 18 2008, 03:17 AM']dont kid yourself

we are not the 2007 giants[/quote]
We're clearly not the '07 Fins either.

Not only did their fans not sell their season tickets at the first sign of a losing season, they traveled overseas to see them play in London.

:ninja: / 2

[quote name='rudi32' post='702077' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:17 PM']dont kid yourself

we are not the 2007 giants[/quote]

Sure we may not be the 2007 Giants but we are not the 2007 Dolphins either and we are not going 0-16 :rolleyes:

I am not expecting this team to be in play offs or such and to me it is a rebuilding mode but please spare us some of the insanity going on here lately.

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='702083' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:25 PM']Sure we may not be the 2007 Giants but we are not the 2007 Dolphins either and we are not going 0-16 :rolleyes:

I am not expecting this team to be in play offs or such and to me it is a rebuilding mode but please spare us some of the insanity going on here lately.[/quote]

so, what will our final record be?

in your opinion?

[quote name='rudi32' post='702080' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:21 PM']mmmmkay

ur crazy to think that, heres why

the giants defense last year was ranked top 5, we are bottom 5

their offense, while it struggled early clicked and ended up top 15.

ours is the bottom 3 in the league.[/quote]

Not that crazy. Check their rankings after week two.

The Giants were awful during the first few games. Everyone was calling for Caughlin's head. Tiki spent the entire offseason bashing the team. Manning looked like garbage. The OL looked like garbage. Go to the 1530 Homer web site and listen to the podcast of Cutman's interview with a reporter from NY. He makes the comparison.

Archived