* Anyone ever used stubhub? *

as popular and publicized as stubhub is, i figured it was a smoother running operation. but the process seems kinda iffy to say the least, i made my first purchase today around 5-6pm.

I got some great seats for the jets game this weekend, and was pretty excited, and then got to the confirmation screen with the details of the transaction.

so i buy the tickets, and an email gets sent to the actual seller, who i have no access to, the seller then has 48 hours to confirm the order, as in if they still even have the tickets, etc. then they are shipped from the seller to me via whatever method i chose, i assume stubhub emails them a shipping label and they send from there at no cost to them. ...

now 48 hours from today, would be around 6pm on wednesday evening.. which would make a purchase form stubhub again impossible and any ebay shipping deal rather "risky" so it leaves in person pickup, which is tough as well since i live several states away...

so anyway.. just curious if anyone has done anything via stub hub, selling or buying and how the process went for you...

if all goes well ill be 5th row 40 yardline behind the bengals bench... :thumbsup:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710438' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:59 PM']as popular and publicized as stubhub is, i figured it was a smoother running operation. but the process seems kinda iffy to say the least, i made my first purchase today around 5-6pm.

I got some great seats for the jets game this weekend, and was pretty excited, and then got to the confirmation screen with the details of the transaction.

so i buy the tickets, and an email gets sent to the actual seller, who i have no access to, the seller then has 48 hours to confirm the order, as in if they still even have the tickets, etc. then they are shipped from the seller to me via whatever method i chose, i assume stubhub emails them a shipping label and they send from there at no cost to them. ...

now 48 hours from today, would be around 6pm on wednesday evening.. which would make a purchase form stubhub again impossible and any ebay shipping deal rather "risky" so it leaves in person pickup, which is tough as well since i live several states away...

so anyway.. just curious if anyone has done anything via stub hub, selling or buying and how the process went for you...

if all goes well ill be 5th row 40 yardline behind the bengals bench... :thumbsup:[/quote]

I've used them three times and never experienced what you are describing. I order, tickets show up, I've been happy.

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='710440' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:08 AM']I've used them three times and never experienced what you are describing. I order, tickets show up, I've been happy.

-jd[/quote]

interesting. and good to hear.. ill bite my nails till i get full confirmation...

my email said this so far:

[quote]Dear Ryan, Thank you for placing your order. The seller has been notified and instructed to confirm delivery within the next 48 hours. NOTE: Your card has been authorized for the amount of your purchase, but has NOT YET BEEN CHARGED. As soon as your order is confirmed, we'll send you an order confirmation email to let you know we have charged your card. Please review the information below. Thanks for shopping at StubHub![/quote]

[quote name='niles' post='710443' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:14 AM']My friends and I have used stubhub the past 2 years to get tickets for games in Cincinnati, haven't had any trouble.[/quote]

cool, thanks. everyones making me feel a bit better...

anyone ever sold via stub hub?

[quote name='Actium' post='710445' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:24 AM']I haven't used them, but aren't the official dealer for tix and the transactions are guaranteed? I don't know but I think you're fine[/quote]

yea its guaranteed or you get a refund, and if the seller bails they try to find better or equal sieats for you first, then refund.. etc... im not worried so much about being out of money, but potentially being stuck finding tickets at the last second. which i could do via scalper or something, but flying to NY with no tickets SEEMS crazy... :panicbutton:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710446' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:28 PM']yea its guaranteed or you get a refund, and if the seller bails they try to find better or equal sieats for you first, then refund.. etc... im not worried so much about being out of money, but potentially being stuck finding tickets at the last second. which i could do via scalper or something, but flying to NY with no tickets SEEMS crazy... :panicbutton:[/quote]

i could see where that would be a problem, yes

[quote name='Actium' post='710448' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:36 AM']i could see where that would be a problem, yes[/quote]

ha, Dan_nj just said im all the sudden the old guy who is affraid to use his credit card on the internet, so it seems perhaps im over reacting to the risk/potential stress involved, so im get over it for now... *bites nails*

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710444' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:23 PM']cool, thanks. everyones making me feel a bit better...

anyone ever sold via stub hub?[/quote]

I sold last year. It's basically wait for someone to buy and then give you everything to put into the mail.

When you sell you are given straight forward instructions not to include any other items in the package, you better have the tickets or comparables or they'll beat you down or something like that.

A few days later the money shows in the mail or in your account.

Pretty smooth process.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710444' date='Oct 6 2008, 11:23 PM']cool, thanks. everyones making me feel a bit better...

anyone ever sold via stub hub?[/quote]

Yes I have. Once you confirm you drop them in the mail with the provided label. It's realy pretty simple.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710446' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:28 PM']yea its guaranteed or you get a refund, and if the seller bails they try to find better or equal sieats for you first, then refund.. etc... im not worried so much about being out of money, but potentially being stuck finding tickets at the last second. which i could do via scalper or something, but flying to NY with no tickets SEEMS crazy... :panicbutton:[/quote]
I have also used Stub Hub multiple times and never had a problem. You can still buy tickets from them less than 48 hours in advance, so I assume that they will be able to find replacements for you less than 48 hours in advance if that became necessary. Basically, you order the tickets and then pick them up at a nearby hotel or office on the day of the game (in Cincinnati, it was a convention room at the Hyatt, I think). At least, that's how it worked for me last year in Cincinnati - I assume it would also work that way in New York.

GO,
I used a place called [url="http://www.premiumtickets.net/"]http://www.premiumtickets.net/[/url]
They are actually based out of Cincinnati and you can go down to their office.

The guys were really easy to deal with and the prioces were reasonable. Good Luck.

thanks for all the comments and advice everyone, i just got the email confirming my order and giving me the tracking number. It shows nothing yet of course but im sure ill see it shipped officially sometime this evening, so im all good.

5th row behind the bengals bench on the 40 yardline.. SWEEEEEEEET!

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710589' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:00 PM']thanks for all the comments and advice everyone, i just got the email confirming my order and giving me the tracking number. It shows nothing yet of course but im sure ill see it shipped officially sometime this evening, so im all good.

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:[/quote]

Nice...did the tickets come with a parking pass? You'll need one to park at the stadium.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='710589' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:00 PM']thanks for all the comments and advice everyone, i just got the email confirming my order and giving me the tracking number. It shows nothing yet of course but im sure ill see it shipped officially sometime this evening, so im all good.

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:[/quote]
Go... I give you credit, spending that kind of jack, along with airfare, food, etc. to go see this team play...

I'd be hard-pressed to buy tickets in Cincy much less out of town.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='710606' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:38 PM']Nice...did the tickets come with a parking pass? You'll need one to park at the stadium.[/quote]

they did, and i was aware also, as i went to the giants game as well, and parking in what seemed to be as faraway as illinois and walked to teh stadium, well we took a bus to another bus but then walked, then walked the whole way after.. it sucked regardless.... so yea we got a parking pass this time.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='710611' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:48 PM']Go... I give you credit, spending that kind of jack, along with airfare, food, etc. to go see this team play...

I'd be hard-pressed to buy tickets in Cincy much less out of town.[/quote]

its not all that pricy, and honestly this site is now paying for all of it.... (the new advertising programs are good to me, i would be buying a lexus if we were having a winning season right now) and i love to travel and i love football in general, i always find good deals too, my plane ticket is $150 round trip to newark, and ill stay in secauscus just outside the meadowlands, spend like $175 on hotel for two nights, and tickets ended up being $190 all fees and shipping included.. so $515 + food, for a 3 day 2 night trip to NY with tickets to game, etc.. not bad really.. tho ill drop like $150 on food in NYC im sure.

and thats roughly what ill make a month on the ads here, $500-ish,. so 1 road trip a month is paid for, and offseason pays for season tickets and server costs. so i break even in the end. traffic is about 40% of what it is when we are winning.. the draft weekend, in two days i made $300, traffic was INSANE....

anyway.. losing sucks, but travling is great, and seeing future HOF players all over the country play is fun too, the bengals winning would be the icing on the cake... i went to EVERY game in 2005, lots of traveling and LOTS of winning. had a blast... met a bunch of people from here as well.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='710611' date='Oct 7 2008, 10:48 AM']Go... I give you credit, spending that kind of jack, along with airfare, food, etc. to go see this team play...

I'd be hard-pressed to buy tickets in Cincy much less out of town.[/quote]

I guess I don't see why he shouldn't??? If your a fan you cheer for them good times a bad. I just went to the Dallas game, flew from Montana to Dallas got tickets 40 yard line 11 row back and had the time of my life! So we lost, I'm still a fan, and I would go watch them next week if I could. Also I was amazed at the the turn out of Bengal fans it was impressive to say the least there was orange jerseys everywhere and WHO DEY was shouted MANY times.It really made me proud of our fan base that we can have a down year and still travel like we did.If your saying your waiting for them to be good to spend your cash good luck to ya but your missing a good time.If I'm a fan, I'm a fan win or lose I will cheer like hell every game and attend every game I can, win or lose its about being a fan IMHO

Archived