I voted

Jamie_B

Who did you vote for?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• McCain
    • Obama
    • Other

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='721379' date='Nov 4 2008, 11:46 PM']McCain becuase I dont want an untested President in uncertain times.[/quote]

Tested for cancer?

you have a typo in your signature (Sam Wyche is his name). Plus you need to move the decimals over 2 spots to the right if you leave the percent signs in there.

Carry on.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='721380' date='Nov 4 2008, 05:49 PM']Tested for cancer?

you have a typo in your signature (Sam Wyche is his name). Plus you need to move the decimals over 2 spots to the right if you leave the percent signs in there.

Carry on.[/quote]

Thanks for the spell check....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='721353' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:05 PM']I really cannot believe that people still believe those elections were "stolen". I'd be stunned if Obama doesn't win...he's just too far ahead in the polls and too appealing when compared to an old stiff like McCain.[/quote]
Theres a valid case for 04 not being stolen, but considering florida was "won" by bush by 500 votes, and thousands were essentially thrown out in democratic areas i think you have to be pretty blind not to think that more floridians who voted in 2000 wanted Gore to be president.

Its already known that more US citizens wanted Gore to be president, which should have been enough. This electoral college is such a joke.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='721416' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:14 PM']Theres a valid case for 04 not being stolen, but considering florida was "won" by bush by 500 votes, and thousands were essentially thrown out in democratic areas i think you have to be pretty blind not to think that more floridians who voted in 2000 wanted Gore to be president.[/quote]

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001...floridamain.htm[/url]

[quote]George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election.[/quote]

[quote name='JohnnyUtah' post='721418' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:41 PM'][url="http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm"]http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001...floridamain.htm[/url][/quote]
LOL, I love guys like Mr Utah here. Always reading, been a member forever, chimes in rarely but effectively. Nice. Good job.

Plus you know, Johnny Utah, Point Break, "You're Going Down Bodie...That's the way it's gotta be!".

Classic.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='721416' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:14 PM']Theres a valid case for 04 not being stolen, but considering florida was "won" by bush by 500 votes, and thousands were essentially thrown out in democratic areas i think you have to be pretty blind not to think that more floridians who voted in 2000 wanted Gore to be president.

Its already known that more US citizens wanted Gore to be president, which should have been enough. This electoral college is such a joke.[/quote]
nevermind, I'm getting my elections mixed up.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='721349' date='Nov 4 2008, 04:54 PM']I hear you man. [b]Id hate to have a leader that inspires people.[/b]

I proudly voted obama. Got my fingers crossed. It sucks that i have to sit here and worry that my vote will even be counted but i think if the neocons steal this one with the same BS they pulled in 2000 and 2004 there will be a serious uproar.[/quote]

Him being a leader isn't what concerns me... that is the one thing about the man that I like. It is just about everything else that worries me. See - I look at a candidate's history as to how he has voted in the past. Not just what he's promising now... at election time.

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='721388' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:08 PM']Ok? Didnt know it was suppose to be done a specific way......[/quote]

Don't worry about it. You just ruffled Obama fan / democrat supporters feathers...

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='721416' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:14 PM']Theres a valid case for 04 not being stolen, but considering florida was "won" by bush by 500 votes, and thousands were essentially thrown out in democratic areas i think you have to be pretty blind not to think that more floridians who voted in 2000 wanted Gore to be president.

Its already known that more US citizens wanted Gore to be president, which should have been enough. [b]This electoral college is such a joke.[/b][/quote]

Get over it. The last poster pretty much shoots your theory full of holes...

Now, regarding electoral college - I agree.

Why don't they split electoral votes in the same percentage that the state goes...

example. if McCain wins Ohio 55% to Obama's 45%... as it is McCain gets all 20. Why don't they instead say 55% of 20 is 11, so McCain gets 11, and Obama gets 45% of 20 or 9? Wouldn't that more truly represent that state's voice? As it is those 45%'s voice isn't heard?

This would cause more and more voters to go to the polls - specifically in states that almost typically go one party or the other... they'd know then in some small way they were actually helping their candidate.

California, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc., etc., etc. a lot of people say "what is the use when I know so and so is going to win anyway"?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='721428' date='Nov 4 2008, 09:14 PM']well, i would of loved to have voted today, but i went to see my immigratioin lawyer <_< so i can't vote till i get my cetizenship[/quote]

You took our jobs!!!!!!

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='721416' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:14 PM']Theres a valid case for 04 not being stolen, but considering florida was "won" by bush by 500 votes, and thousands were essentially thrown out in democratic areas i think you have to be pretty blind not to think that more floridians who voted in 2000 wanted Gore to be president.

Its already known that more US citizens wanted Gore to be president, which should have been enough. This electoral college is such a joke.[/quote]

Well maybe they wouldn't have had a problem at all if they had given the people a name to vote for istead of tellling them, "Choose the second one on the list" they might have won too. Just think of all those wasted votes in Democratic counties for Pat Robertson. :) Oh yeah, and I've used a butterfly ballot before, and if you are too stupid to use one, you shouldn't be voting anyway. One other point, if Gore bothered to carry his home state, it'd never been an issue. So quite crying about an election that was lost, not stolen.

As for the thread....... I placed my vote for Bob Barr.... The sooner American wakes up and realizes we just keep trading the same corrupt parties back and forth, the better.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='721484' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:40 AM']Rumble...you aren't a citizen? Then how can you vote?
I always assumed you were a naturalized citizen. If not...fuck you!

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:[/quote]

i couldn't vote cause of my naturalization. im hoping to be an american on paper by late july or august <_< but i am at heart :fing03: i came to this country when i was 14 and i am 32.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='721567' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:53 AM']i couldn't vote cause of my naturalization. im hoping to be an american on paper by late july or august <_< but i am at heart :fing03: i came to this country when i was 14 and i am 32.[/quote]

damn illegals... <_<

:ninja:

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='721420' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:54 PM']Him being a leader isn't what concerns me... that is the one thing about the man that I like. It is just about everything else that worries me. See - I look at a candidate's history as to how he has voted in the past. Not just what he's promising now... at election time.

Don't worry about it. You just ruffled Obama fan / democrat supporters feathers...

Get over it. The last poster pretty much shoots your theory full of holes...

Now, regarding electoral college - I agree.

Why don't they split electoral votes in the same percentage that the state goes...

example. if McCain wins Ohio 55% to Obama's 45%... as it is McCain gets all 20. Why don't they instead say 55% of 20 is 11, so McCain gets 11, and Obama gets 45% of 20 or 9? Wouldn't that more truly represent that state's voice? As it is those 45%'s voice isn't heard?

This would cause more and more voters to go to the polls - specifically in states that almost typically go one party or the other... they'd know then in some small way they were actually helping their candidate.

California, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc., etc., etc. a lot of people say "what is the use when I know so and so is going to win anyway"?[/quote]

I like the Electoral College. The way I look at it, the President is elected by the States as a collective, not the People as a collective. The People of the various states speak their will on a state level, not a national level. That is much more in harmony with what I believe the Constitution intended.

[quote name='Actium' post='721626' date='Nov 5 2008, 02:39 PM']I like the Electoral College. The way I look at it, the President is elected by the States as a collective, not the People as a collective. The People of the various states speak their will on a state level, not a national level. That is much more in harmony with what I believe the Constitution intended.[/quote]

I understand your point - but in states that "always" go one way or the other - states like California, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, New York, Maine, New Hampshire, etc., etc., etc. voters voting for the minority candidate can easily feel like their voice "isn't being heard"... if you did it the other way those people would know that their vote was having an effect while largely now it isn't.

Just my opinion...

Archived