plasma tv

rudi32

If you want name brand high quality HDMI cables, these are $12 tomorrow

[url="http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/promo/12for12"]http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/promo/12for12[/url]

Digital signals do not need high quality cables...

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='729712' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:52 PM']did you even read my post? wtf are you talking about? dude just dropped $210 on 3 cables and i told him to return them and buy them online and your response was to tell me to stop talking because cheap cables are just as good as highend cables. which is the exactly what i said.

anyways...

rudi, return those mofos and save yourself $200+

[url="http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-6-Feet/dp/B0002L5R78/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001413DF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JBDWVDCZWAWQD7V4260"]http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-6-Feet...VDCZWAWQD7V4260[/url]

you get what you pay for as in 'hdmi vs component,' not as in 'monster vs no-name brand.' dude, seriously research cable componets and how different manufacturers compare, they are literally the exact same and any difference that does exist is so minute the human eye and ears cannot pick it up. believe me, i used to sell that shit years ago. save yourself some hard earned dough and grab some no-namers online.[/quote]

What are you talking about? He said QFT, quoted for truth. He agrees with you...

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='729712' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:52 PM']did you even read my post? wtf are you talking about? dude just dropped $210 on 3 cables and i told him to return them and buy them online and your response was to tell me to stop talking because cheap cables are just as good as highend cables. which is the exactly what i said.

anyways...

rudi, return those mofos and save yourself $200+

[url="http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-6-Feet/dp/B0002L5R78/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001413DF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JBDWVDCZWAWQD7V4260"]http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-2M-6-Feet...VDCZWAWQD7V4260[/url]

you get what you pay for as in 'hdmi vs component,' not as in 'monster vs no-name brand.' dude, seriously research cable componets and how different manufacturers compare, they are literally the exact same and any difference that does exist is so minute the human eye and ears cannot pick it up. believe me, i used to sell that shit years ago. save yourself some hard earned dough and grab some no-namers online.[/quote]
:huh:

Did you even read my post? I just agreed with you. ;)

In spite of the fact that I will buy high end cables in certain situations, this isn't one of them.

cool I will return them, it cost me 209 bucks for 3 cables.

so ill get my money back and go and get the cheaper ones.

on another question, should I get the extended warranty? its 300 bucks for 3 years. I am 50/50 on it. I dont want to drop the cash, but I also dont want to be screwed in 2 years if the tv shits out

what u all think?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='729719' date='Dec 3 2008, 11:13 PM']If you want name brand high quality HDMI cables, these are $12 tomorrow

[url="http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/promo/12for12"]http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/promo/12for12[/url]

Digital signals do not need high quality cables...

What are you talking about? He said QFT, quoted for truth. He agrees with you...[/quote]
lulz thought he meant quit fucking talking

I never buy the warranty, myself. But I can understand why some folks do.

The only pieces of A/V equip that have ever died on me are:

GE TV (though it was about 3 years old)
Sony DVD player (twice, both about 366 days after purchase)

So I simply have stayed away from both ever since. Everything else has lasted fine. Though I do run everything through a pretty solid surge protector/line conditioner, and I'm sure that doesn't hurt. It's amazing what it does for the picture on the TV all by itself.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='729724' date='Dec 4 2008, 01:24 PM']lulz thought he meant quit fucking talking[/quote]
I hadn't heard of that one before :D

I always thought it was "quoted for truth"

[quote name='rudi32' post='729722' date='Dec 3 2008, 11:19 PM']cool I will return them, it cost me 209 bucks for 3 cables.

on another question, should I get the extended warranty? its 300 bucks for 3 years. I an 50/50 on it. I dont want to drop the cash, but I also dont want to be screwed in 2 years if the tv shits out

what u all think?[/quote]
its pretty much a waste but if it will make you feel better about it, do it. normally when those things break its early and still covered by the manufacturer.

thx guys for the advice. I feel pretty happy with the tv and blue ray, I got a good deal on them, but I am kinda pissed they talked me into the cables. I knew I needed 3 of them, and they started talking about 120 hertz and some crap that I will admit was over my head and I bought them. I can be trusting sometimes to a fault when I buy stuff. But I will go tomorrow and return them. I have the receipt and I will save about 160 bucks after I buy new ones. Thanks again guys

If you didn't buy a good surge protector/line conditioner, I highly recommend it.

My folks have a DLP projection HDTV. When I moved overseas, I brought them all of my equipment to use while I'm gone. When we hooked up the TV through my Panamax surge protector, the picture improved immensely. My mother was in shock. It was like going from cable to HDTV all over again.

A really nice one will set you back a few hundred, but it will protect all of your equipment, and improve its operation. Mine also included a $1,000,000+ lifetime warranty for any piece of equip connected to it.

[url="http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/M4300-PM.aspx"]http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/M4300-PM.aspx[/url]

[quote]Panamax Power Conditioner
Limited Connected Equipment
Protection Policy
It is the policy of Panamax that it will, at its elec-
tion, either replace, pay to replace at fair marke
value, or pay to repair, up to the dollar amoun
specifed below, equipment that is damaged by
an AC power, cable, telephone, or lightning surge
while connected to a properly installed Panamax
power conditioner. To be eligible for compensa-
tion, repair and or replacement, the power con-
ditioner must shows signs of surge damage or
that it is operating outside of design specifca-
tions, relative to its surge protection capability
and under all of the circumstances failed to pro-
tect your connected equipment.[/quote]

If you were willing to spend a bit on the cables, this might prove to be the better investment. At least that has been my experience.

[quote name='rudi32' post='729722' date='Dec 3 2008, 11:19 PM']cool I will return them, it cost me 209 bucks for 3 cables.

on another question, should I get the extended warranty? its 300 bucks for 3 years. I am 50/50 on it. I dont want to drop the cash, but I also dont want to be screwed in 2 years if the tv shits out

i also dont typically mess with the warranties,,, it has some manufacturer coverage,, and past that it takes some freakish things to go wrong in 3 years... and paste that newer technology is so cheap anyway you could get the same model for 1/5th the price by then... if you HAD to..

when technology was slower i got warranties from best buy, etc.. and some came in handy.. but i dont bother now..

i remember when i got my 52" DLP 3 years ago and the Directv installer was trying to sell me the HDMI cable for $50! i told him to get the fuck outta my house, went on ebay and bought that sucker for $7 with $3 shipping so i spent $10 all together. looks good to me so far.

[quote name='rudi32' post='729722' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:19 PM']cool I will return them, it cost me 209 bucks for 3 cables.

i wouldnt get the warranty.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='729724' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:24 PM']lulz thought he meant quit fucking talking[/quote]

hahahahahahaha. thats funny.

havent picked up the tv yet, but I got a 720 and didnt get a 1080p. I was told by direct tv that nothing is broadcast in 1080p and it may be years before it is. But I was thinking since I got this new blue ray player that I would upgrade to a 1080p. The 200 bucks I am going to get refunded today for the cables I will use to roll into the 1080p tv (its only about 300 more bucks)

My question is, Should I go from my new 720 to 1080p? I couldnt see the difference while I was looking at them. I think the only difference will be in the blue ray movies, and will it be that much? I can pocket the 200 bucks from the cables or roll it into the tv, what you all think?

thanks again for the advice, I am spending about 2k on all these upgrades and I want to have a system that will be incredible and last a long time.

At 50", I think the upgrade to 1080p will be worth it.

I'll also add that if you really can't tell then it's not worth it. I have good vision so I can see differences on the bigger screens. On the other hand, if I was helping my dad pick out a tv I would suggest a 720p because his eyes aren't as good. I don't think he can see a real difference in blu-ray to upconverted dvd's.

[quote name='rudi32' post='729763' date='Dec 4 2008, 08:59 AM']havent picked up the tv yet, but I got a 720 and didnt get a 1080p. I was told by direct tv that nothing is broadcast in 1080p and it may be years before it is. But I was thinking since I got this new blue ray player that I would upgrade to a 1080p. The 200 bucks I am going to get refunded today for the cables I will use to roll into the 1080p tv (its only about 300 more bucks)

My question is, Should I go from my new 720 to 1080p? I couldnt see the difference while I was looking at them. I think the only difference will be in the blue ray movies, and will it be that much? I can pocket the 200 bucks from the cables or roll it into the tv, what you all think?

thanks again for the advice, I am spending about 2k on all these upgrades and I want to have a system that will be incredible and last a long time.[/quote]

I'll bet you can barely, if at all, when side by side tell a difference... and that would only be when playing Blu-Ray movies.

I went the 720p route so you know where I stand on it. I want to have a nice setup but I don't want to spend several hundred dollars more on features that aren't going to get used all that much and even when they are I wouldn't tell the difference even when they are... but that is just me.

As for the HDMI cables... i wouldn't pay $75 / apiece... that is why I jewed them down to $25 for the one.

And, warranties... no, no, no... they're nothing but pure profit margin for these companies. I used to work retail and that is all they are... Someone here mentioned a surge protector... I'd go a step further and suggest to you a UPS (APC is my preference). This would allow you time get things shut off in an orderly manner if, in fact, you have an extended power outage. Brown outs, etc. will be smoothed out that way which are the worst things for electronic components.

[quote name='rudi32' post='729796' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:07 PM']1 for the upgrade
1 against

any more votes? I go in a few hours to make the deal[/quote]

i have 2 720P tv's and they are perfectly crystal clear... depends how long you wanna keep it as your primary tv (and not move it to a secondary room) in 2-4 years youll see some 1080p programming.. but about the same as 720p your seeing now... so in 5-6 years youll see 1080p worth having the tv for... unless you watch a TON of movies... the technology will change so much by the time you can use the 1080p that youll want one of the new 1/4" thick 4lbs magic tv's that are out by then and your heavy huge old plasma is uot of date :contract:

id say it strictly depends how many blu ray movies you plan on watching and if the cost difference is worth making those movies a little but nicer...

so id vote no.. but its truely a personal preference.. a friend of mine probably had 50-60 blu ray movies already, and watches several a week, so 1080p is worth it...for him.. but i dont have a blu ray, so i watch none.. ill be getting one.. but a movie a month is probably about the max ill ever watch.

thx go, Thats me, My wife has (im not kidding) over 350 DVD's, but we have 0 blue rays. I am getting a blue ray player, but like you, will only watch one or 2 a month. So I am just gonna stick with the 720, and get my refund on the cables and save the cash.

thx

[quote name='rudi32' post='729806' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:25 PM']thx go, Thats me, My wife has (im not kidding) over 350 DVD's, but we have 0 blue rays. I am getting a blue ray player, but like you, will only watch one or 2 a month. So I am just gonna stick with the 720, and get my refund on the cables and save the cash.

thx[/quote]

probably a good bet. i cant iamgine you being disapointed in your purchase at ANY point. ..

i spent $869 and $679 on my tvs when i moved in in may and june....

they are now $699 and $529. 5-6 months later... and in the outlet store, they were new arrivals when i bought.. the tv technology is insane right now..

[quote name='rudi32' post='729806' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:25 PM']thx go, Thats me, My wife has (im not kidding) over 350 DVD's, but we have 0 blue rays. I am getting a blue ray player, but like you, will only watch one or 2 a month. So I am just gonna stick with the 720, and get my refund on the cables and save the cash.

thx[/quote]

smart move...

you can play blu-ray movies on the 720p just fine. I've watched 2-3 (bought hancock and rented a couple others) and you can see the damn pores on their faces just fine... crystal clear.

the action scenes are incredible - feels like you're there honestly.

Archived