what time are the Bowl Announcments ?

Rumble In the Jungle

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='730632' date='Dec 7 2008, 05:20 PM']u got me![/quote]

even though your a prick by nature, i still like you :sport27:
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='730641' date='Dec 7 2008, 05:38 PM']Here are CBS Sports predictions for the BCS bowls:

National Championship - Florida vs Oklahoma
Rose Bowl - Southern Cal vs Penn State
Fiesta Bowl - Texas vs Ohio State
Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs Utah
Orange Bowl - Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech[/quote]

is the orange bowl this year is like not the biggest of teh others or something ? know what i mean ?

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='730641' date='Dec 7 2008, 05:38 PM']Here are CBS Sports predictions for the BCS bowls:

National Championship - Florida vs Oklahoma
Rose Bowl - Southern Cal vs Penn State
Fiesta Bowl - Texas vs Ohio State
Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs Utah
Orange Bowl - Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech[/quote]
That sucks. It should be Alabama vs. Texas or Alabama vs. Southern Cal. I understand these conferences have bowl game tie-ins, but i just think bama should be playing a more top tier team. It would benefit us more as we would get to see Smith play better comp. Especially against USC.

Cincinnati and Ohio State would be cool to watch too.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='730695' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:12 PM']That made no sense....?[/quote]

im having a hard time explaining it actually.
like the rose bowl is the second biggest and the fiesta is the third.
so is the orange bowl like the bottom tier of the bowls or something ?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='730699' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:34 PM']im having a hard time explaining it actually.
like the rose bowl is the second biggest and the fiesta is the third.
so is the orange bowl like the bottom tier of the bowls or something ?[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='730703' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:41 PM']yes. it rotates.[/quote]
No. Not anymore since they included the BCS National Championship game 2 years ago. They all pick their teams but they don't rotate like they do anymore.

It's usually the following unless something affects the teams:

Rose Bowl
Pac 10 vs Big Ten

Orange Bowl
ACC vs Big East

Sugar Bowl
Usually SEC vs Mid Major or At-Large

Fiesta
Big XII / Ohio State's BCS Bowl if they don't make the NC :)

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='730725' date='Dec 7 2008, 08:03 PM']No. Not anymore since they included the BCS National Championship game 2 years ago. They all pick their teams but they don't rotate like they do anymore.

It's usually the following unless something affects the teams:

Rose Bowl
Pac 10 vs Big Ten

Orange Bowl
ACC vs Big East

Sugar Bowl
Usually SEC vs Mid Major or At-Large

Fiesta
Big XII / Ohio State's BCS Bowl if they don't make the NC :)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they do still rotate. Orange picked last this year, that's why they took UC - no history of traveling in large numbers to bowl games = not desirable. This is why reps from the Sugar bowl were at Nippert for the Pitt game.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='731030' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:14 AM']I'm pretty sure they do still rotate. Orange picked last this year, that's why they took UC - no history of traveling in large numbers to bowl games = not desirable. This is why reps from the Sugar bowl were at Nippert for the Pitt game.[/quote]

yep. still rotates.

Archived