Who do you think wins the Heisman this weekend?

Jason

Who would you vote for?

406/568 4,747 yds 41 TD 7 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference
302/442 4,464 yds 48 TD 6 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference
291/375 3,445 yds 32 TD 7 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference
174/268 2,515 yds 28 TD 2 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference

the Heisman is an absolute crock of shit. Just call it the "good ole boys trophy" and get it over with.

[quote name='sois' post='731823' date='Dec 12 2008, 01:54 PM']Who would you vote for?

406/568 4,747 yds 41 TD 7 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference
[b]302/442 4,464 yds 48 TD 6 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference[/b]
291/375 3,445 yds 32 TD 7 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference
174/268 2,515 yds 28 TD 2 int, team went 11-1 in BCS conference

the Heisman is an absolute crock of shit. Just call it the "good ole boys trophy" and get it over with.[/quote]

I would vote for the bolded one. But that may change if you posted the rushing numbers too.

[quote name='sois' post='731834' date='Dec 12 2008, 02:23 PM']The bolded one was awesome. However, don't you feel that all were pretty damn good?[/quote]

Definitely. This may be one of the closest Heisman votes ever. I just think that with all the great offensive players in the Big 12 that that region's voters likely split, and most of the east and south probably went to Tebow. I don't want him to win it, and I don't really think he is most deserving, I just think he's going to get it.

I've been watching College Football for a long time, and Tim Tebow (as much as I hate the Florida Gators) is one of the best players that I've ever seen.

I also tend to think that he has performed better than either Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='731974' date='Dec 13 2008, 09:07 AM']Colt has done the most with the least help,[/quote]

You've got to be freakin kidding me. I guess a team loaded with 5* recruits isn't much of a supporting cast. Who would have thought that poor Colt was surrounded by Baylor-esque scrubs.

The "most with the least" argument has got to be Harrell, end of story.

[quote name='sois' post='732038' date='Dec 13 2008, 04:36 PM']You've got to be freakin kidding me. I guess a team loaded with 5* recruits isn't much of a supporting cast. Who would have thought that poor Colt was surrounded by Baylor-esque scrubs.

The "most with the least" argument has got to be Harrell, end of story.[/quote]

Harrell has Michael Crabtree, the best wide receiver in the country.

Oklahoma has a solid group of receivers (Iglesias, Gresham, Johnson) and arguably the best o-line in the country.

Florida has Harvin, Rainey, and Demps in the running game.

Of the four, Texas has the least talent at the skill positions BY FAR, IMO. It's still better than 95% of the rest of college teams, though.

BTW, the clincher for me with McCoy is three things. First, he finished the year with a completion percentage of 77.6%, which is almost not believable. Second, his combined rushing and passing stats were arguably better than Tebow's. Third, his performances in the two biggest games Texas played this year. He led them from behind to beat Oklahoma with two fourth quarter TD drives. He also rallied his team from a 22-6 halftime deficit to take the lead in the final minutes against Texas Tech. It isn't his fault that Texas' defense couldn't stop Crabtree from making one of the most miraculous plays in college football history.

[quote name='sois' post='732038' date='Dec 13 2008, 04:36 PM']You've got to be freakin kidding me. I guess a team loaded with 5* recruits isn't much of a supporting cast. Who would have thought that poor Colt was surrounded by Baylor-esque scrubs.

The "most with the least" argument has got to be Harrell, end of story.[/quote]

Texas has no decent RB and a slightly above average WR corp.

OU has 2 1000yd RB's and at least 2 stud WR's, on top of having the best OL in the country.

Florida has the best team speed in the nation, and Tebow has dangerous weapons in Harvin and Demps.

So yes, Colt has done the most with the least.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='732063' date='Dec 13 2008, 06:50 PM']Harrell has Michael Crabtree, the best wide receiver in the country.

Oklahoma has a solid group of receivers (Iglesias, Gresham, Johnson) and arguably the best o-line in the country.

Florida has Harvin, Rainey, and Demps in the running game.

Of the four, Texas has the least talent at the skill positions BY FAR, IMO. It's still better than 95% of the rest of college teams, though.

BTW, the clincher for me with McCoy is three things. First, he finished the year with a completion percentage of 77.6%, which is almost not believable. Second, his combined rushing and passing stats were arguably better than Tebow's. Third, his performances in the two biggest games Texas played this year. He led them from behind to beat Oklahoma with two fourth quarter TD drives. He also rallied his team from a 22-6 halftime deficit to take the lead in the final minutes against Texas Tech. It isn't his fault that Texas' defense couldn't stop Crabtree from making one of the most miraculous plays in college football history.[/quote]
Check the rankings of defenses played against for McCoy versus Tebow. Not pretty.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='732078' date='Dec 13 2008, 09:16 PM'][b]I don't know, he just seems like a douche. [/b]

Plus I'm sick of hearing how he's the greatest quarterback ever.[/quote]

he's one of the classiest guys I've seen in sports for a long time, and I hate Florida. Yea his hype gets old, but its not his fault.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='732074' date='Dec 13 2008, 08:37 PM']Check the rankings of defenses played against for McCoy versus Tebow. Not pretty.[/quote]

That's a fair point. My argument isn't that Tebow didn't deserve it, but only that I thought McCoy deserved it more. Each guy had one loss and I felt McCoy was hardly to blame for his team's loss. In fact, I felt it was one of his best performances in leading his team from behind to take the lead in the closing minutes after trailing by 16 points at halftime. Tebow also had several monster performances against his toughest opponents (Alabama, Georgia, LSU), but the fact remains that his team's only blemish was a result of a very poor performance on his part against Ole Miss. Bradford had a very good game in his only loss to Texas, throwing 5 TD passes. I really can't even knock him for his two interceptions. What I can knock him for is failing to lead his team to victory in the 4th quarter. After Texas took the lead 38-35 in the 4th quarter, Oklahoma had two more chances to score and came up empty on both drives. It was the only time all season Oklahoma was truly tested in the second half of a game and they came up empty.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='732078' date='Dec 13 2008, 09:16 PM']I don't know, he just seems like a douche.

Plus I'm sick of hearing how he's the greatest quarterback ever.[/quote]

I hate Florida. Almost as much as Meshitagain. But Tebow is a class guy and an outstanding player and leader. I wish he played anywhere else (except Meshitagain, of course, or PsU and SCum), I'd love to root for him. But not as long as he's a gator.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='732067' date='Dec 13 2008, 07:12 PM']Texas has no decent RB and a slightly above average WR corp.

OU has 2 1000yd RB's and at least 2 stud WR's, on top of having the best OL in the country.

Florida has the best team speed in the nation, and Tebow has dangerous weapons in Harvin and Demps.

So yes, Colt has done the most with the least.[/quote]

Oh Boo Hoo Colt! Seriously, I've watched the Big 12 since inception, and no team is more loaded talent wise than Texas.

Boo Hoo here are his RB's
4* Vondrell McGee
3* Chris Ogbonaya
4* Foswhitt Whitaker

Poor Colt! Don't get me started on the OL, i'm sure they're all the best caliber players. Don't fool yourself, just because Mack Brown is an idiot doesn't mean they don't have talent.

Meanwhile, Harrell gets it done with mostly 2-3 star guys.

[url="http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp"]http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp[/url]

is way more help than this

[url="http://texastech.rivals.com/commitlist.asp"]http://texastech.rivals.com/commitlist.asp[/url]

[quote name='sois' post='732651' date='Dec 15 2008, 02:10 AM']Oh Boo Hoo Colt! Seriously, I've watched the Big 12 since inception, and no team is more loaded talent wise than Texas.

Boo Hoo here are his RB's
4* Vondrell McGee
3* Chris Ogbonaya
4* Foswhitt Whitaker

Poor Colt! Don't get me started on the OL, i'm sure they're all the best caliber players. Don't fool yourself, just because Mack Brown is an idiot doesn't mean they don't have talent.

Meanwhile, Harrell gets it done with mostly 2-3 star guys.

[url="http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp"]http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp[/url]

is way more help than this

[url="http://texastech.rivals.com/commitlist.asp"]http://texastech.rivals.com/commitlist.asp[/url][/quote]

lol just because you were a 4star recruit doesn't mean you amount to anything in college. McCoy LED his team in rushing. That's how much their RB's suck.

Archived