New Gameday Thread

Bengals1181

Might be time to find a new doc as well, it sounds like kremcheck might have messed this one up...I could be wrong as I have no idea about that kinda stuff but it sounds to me like he made a big mistake in evaluating Volkie over the last few months.

Hopes for having a good year in 2010 arent looking good.

2011? 2012??

Hopefully we give Travis Wood a shot soon and he gives us a little more hope for next year along with some of the other young guys.

I didnt watch the game tonight, but I did flip on for a second to see Dusty make another retarded move and Thom and whoever was broadcasting both said how dumb it was...

Guy on 2nd 1 out i think...harang was pulled for weathers who came in and intentionally walked Aramis. I agree with intentionally walking Aramis, but why not let Harang walk him first. Weathers is getting ready in the bullpen trying to throw strikes then you send him out there just to throw four straight balls. It messes up his groove he was getting in the pen. He comes in throws 3 straight balls to Bradely, walks him a couple pitches later. I think he got out of the inning without further damage so not a huge deal, its just one of those things that in a close game could kill them.

I know he lost again but I hope Harang keeps showing up with the fastball and slider he had tonight.
I didn't get to watch the whole game but the fastball and slider I saw early on was the fastball and slider from 2006-2007.
Really only 1 mistake tonight and that was the 3 run homer early in the game.

JJ Hardy just got sent to the minors...he might be a guy we should look into. This year he is struggling but the last two years he batted .277 and .283 and he has a good amount of pop in his bat, hit 24 homers last year. He also used to be an allstar. And....hes only 26.

Definitely an upgrade over AGonzo.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='12 August 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1250099192' post='789996']
JJ Hardy just got sent to the minors...he might be a guy we should look into. This year he is struggling but the last two years he batted .277 and .283 and he has a good amount of pop in his bat, hit 24 homers last year. He also used to be an allstar. And....hes only 26.

Definitely an upgrade over AGonzo.
[/quote]

can he be claimed, or do we have to trade for him?

I'd definitely claim him off waivers.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='13 August 2009 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1250213353' post='790623']
a gem by Arroyo tonight, 2-hit complete game.

If Rolen ever gets back in the lineup, they just may make a modest attempt at .500 .
[/quote]

They would have to go 31-17 to get back to .500 by the end of the season...not gonna happen.

Im just looking forward to september call ups and seeng if guys like Lehr and Gomes can win jobs for next year.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='14 August 2009 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1250265698' post='790827']
They would have to go 31-17 to get back to .500 by the end of the season...not gonna happen.

Im just looking forward to september call ups and seeng if guys like Lehr and Gomes can win jobs for next year.
[/quote]

I said modest. :P

wow, someone actually was willing to take Gonzalez? cya.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='14 August 2009 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1250272632' post='790916']
I said modest. :P

wow, someone actually was willing to take Gonzalez? cya.
[/quote]

Maybe this opens things up for acquiring jj hardy? And to answer your question from eariler i believe we would have to trade for hardy i dont think we could just claim him, but i may be wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='14 August 2009 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1250285186' post='791027']
is hardy a SS? I'm rusty on him. Thought he was an outfielder.
[/quote]

Yeah hes a SS.

Apparently we are interested in Bill Hall, although I would much rather have Hardy.

Im not sure why we are waiting so long to call up the young guys. We called up Kevin Barker who is 34. WHy not call up a guy that has longterm potential with the team instead of some 34 year old guy who has never cut it in the majors. Just doesnt make sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived