Bearcats Tournament Chances

Jason

Does UC Dance?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Read the post below. If they do that, is that enough to make the NCAA?

• Yes
    • No

UC is 17-8 overall, 7-5 conference, and has the following games remaining:

At Pitt (L)
UL at home (L)
WVU at home (w)
At Syracuse (L)
At USF (W)
Seton Hall at home (W)

Assuming they win and lose as predicted above, that would get them to 20 wins at 20-11 with a conference record of 10-8.

I think they would be seeded well enough to win at least 1 conference tournament game. Let's assume 1-1 in the conference tournament.

That's 21-12 in a very good conference.

Would that be enough to get them into the NCAA?

Or would they have to beat one of the ranked teams on their schedule (Pitt, Louisville, and Syracuse)?

I'm thinking they may have to steal one of the losses that you have listed. Otherwise, they're going to need a decent run in the conference tourney. At that point, if they get in, they could potentially win 2 games if the brackets fall in their favor. They [i]are[/i] playing pretty good ball right now.

I think they can do it given the circumstances Jason posited, especially now with Notre Dame and Georgetown out of the way. I also agree with CT, they can beat the Cuse, especially the way the Orangemen have been playing lately.

Good for UC, I hope they do well.

I don't think UC will beat Pitt or Louisville. Not that I don't think it's possible, I just don't know if UC is quite on the level of these two squads.

They should definitely beat South Florida even on the road and they should probably beat Seton Hall at home. It would be extremely disappointing if losing one of these games winds up costing UC an NCAA birth.

The make-or-break games will come against Syracuse and West Virginia. UC simply cannot drop both of these games.

If UC drops all four games against Pitt, Louisville, West Virginia, and Syracuse, they;ll need to do some damage in the Big East tourney to get in, IMO. With each win against one of those four teams, UC's NCAA spot would become closer to a done deal.

Huggy bear isn't going anywhere. Last year he was playing with Beilein's players and they overachieved. Now they're overachieving after losing their starting PG (just blew out Villanova). Plus Huggins was able to recruit Devin Ebanks for this year, so he's already doing very well recruiting wise. I imagine as he continues to get his own recruits in there they will be better and better. Assuming he can stay out of trouble, WVU will be happy to have him.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jason' post='752870' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:54 AM']The loss to syracuse didn't really bother me.

Losing to South Florida hurts.

They stunk last night.

NIT here we come. <_<[/quote]

Hell, I'm not sure we even get an invite to the NIT...they generally pick teams that sellout their arenas every game.

Archived