Pittsburgh Steelers (Montecore) are on the clock

akiliMVP

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='753510' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:45 PM']The Ravens select Darius Butler, CB, Uconn.

Probably a minimum of 5 spots too high, but this kind of thing happens every year in the draft, so I ran with it.[/quote]

thanks for the PM. :P

The Colts select DT Ron Brace. A slight reach for this spot, but gives them the massive DT they've never really had.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='753672' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:37 AM']thanks for the PM. :P

The Colts select DT Ron Brace. A slight reach for this spot, but gives them the massive DT they've never really had.[/quote]

The Colts don't really go for big slow linemen, do they? They prefer the smaller, quicker guys. Unless the new staff (did they replace the DC?) wants to remake the entire defense.

[quote name='Jason' post='753677' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:45 AM']The Colts don't really go for big slow linemen, do they? They prefer the smaller, quicker guys. Unless the new staff (did they replace the DC?) wants to remake the entire defense.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing ...Hood I could've seen as the pick ...Brace is a surprise ...

With Pick 27, the Philadelphia Eagles select [b]Knowshon Moreno[/b], RB, Georgia.

This pick easily could've been Wells (or even McCoy) as he compliments Westbrook better, and the team needs a bruising, short yardage back. But with Westbrook's knee surgery and age, Moreno is seen as too much of a talent to pass up. The team selects the most complete back and a steal at 27.

[quote name='Jason' post='753677' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:45 AM']The Colts don't really go for big slow linemen, do they? They prefer the smaller, quicker guys. Unless the new staff (did they replace the DC?) wants to remake the entire defense.[/quote]

I don't think they fired the DC, but they've always lacked a stud DT or a stud LB. Brace gives them that DT (potentially). Thought about going with Clay Matthews Jr.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='753672' date='Mar 5 2009, 07:37 AM']thanks for the PM. :P

The Colts select DT Ron Brace. A slight reach for this spot, but gives them the massive DT they've never really had.[/quote]
Dude...I'm sorry! I made sure I did it with my Bears pick and it totally slipped my mind last night. It WON'T happen again. I suck, but then again, having to make the Ravens pick really must have screwed with my head.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='753902' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:05 PM']Giants select Chris Wells, Ohio State. Wells is by far the best player on our board and replaces Ward.

Titans select Kenny Britt, Rutgers. Our receivers suck.[/quote]

The Giants take Wells after re-signing Jacobs for big bucks? Interesting....

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='753918' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:22 PM']The Giants take Wells after re-signing Jacobs for big bucks? Interesting....[/quote]
BPA baby!

They really don't have any needs so they can afford to do this

Leave it to a Bengals fan to break the heart of a Stealer ...

With consensus first choice Alex Mack off the board, the Stealers reach slightly for a player that's moving up the draft boards and might not fall to them at 64 ...breaking the hearts of many Bengals fans in the process.

With pick 32, the Stupid Stealers select [b]Eric Wood[/b], OC, Louisville

We are voting for the Bengals pick again. First player with 5 votes gets the victory.

With all the top centers gone I'm going to have to vote for OT William Beatty from Connecticut. He has the size and athleticism to be a top left tackle.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say Donald Brown, RB, UConn. Spending another high pick on an RB might not be everyone's favorite move, but we need a solid #2 guy in case Benson's late season run was a fluke. Plus, Watson, Dorsey, Perry ...not exactly confidence instilling ...

Archived