Favorite Pizza Joints

Jay Lenos Chin

There's a place called "NY Style Pizza" on Reading Rd near Woodward High School.  AWESOME pizza....made with halal (kosher) meats so Muslims and Jews can also enjoy the (beef) pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon etc....  They pile on the toppings but it is NY style, so bigger, thin slices jam packed with toppings.

Daaaaaaaamn that sounds amazing!!!

There's a place called "NY Style Pizza" on Reading Rd near Woodward High School.  AWESOME pizza....made with halal (kosher) meats so Muslims and Jews can also enjoy the (beef) pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon etc....  They pile on the toppings but it is NY style, so bigger, thin slices jam packed with toppings. 

I was on Reading at Adesa last Friday!

No idea where Adesa is but you could have been 10 seconds away or 10 miles away.  Reading is a big,long street (that's what she said) and changes names like 3 times up towards Sharonville and Mason areas.  

I took 71 to 126 (Ronald R.?) then got off on Gabrieleth or something. Took a right there and maybe 1/8th a mile up took a left on Reading. Adesa is to the left right there.

I wish pizza was good for you. I did eat 3 pieces of LC's last week sometime. I have a really bad guilty conscience.

I wish it were....

On my cheat days, it's pretty much assured a large meat lover's pizza from that place, an 8x8 pan of ghirardelli brownies with some peanut butter choc chip cookie dough ice cream will be consumed throughout the day.  The next day I will feel horrible for having allowed myself to eat that shit.   Then I'll repeat every other week.  I'm a masochist.

I took 71 to 126 (Ronald R.?) then got off on Gabrieleth or something. Took a right there and maybe 1/8th a mile up took a left on Reading. Adesa is to the left right there.

Oh snap, you were literally a mile or two at most from it.   Keep driving south on Reading Rd next time you're there and look for the big yellow sign "NY STYLE PIZZA" and treat yourself to something delicious that you will feel like shit about the next day. 

I wish pizza was good for you. I did eat 3 pieces of LC's last week sometime. I have a really bad guilty conscience.

What are you talking about?  It is good for you!  It contains ingredients from every essential food group.  Meat?  Check.  Dairy?  Check.  Grains?  Check.  Fruits/veggies?  Check.

What more could you ask for?

:D

Adriatico's > All.

Trotta's is also pretty good.

When Trotta's first opened back in the early 80s on Queen City ave, their Sicilian pizza was the best anywhere.  After they closed I never tried the other Trotta's.

Adriatico's > All.

Trotta's is also pretty good.

Adriatico's got me through college....It's damn good, but WAY too much bread and cheese for my liking.  I know that sounds funny when talking about pizza but there's a limit for me.  I can't imagine there are too many that would complain about too much though. 

Anyone tried Cassano's?

Adriatico's got me through college....It's damn good, but WAY too much bread and cheese for my liking.  I know that sounds funny when talking about pizza but there's a limit for me.  I can't imagine there are too many that would complain about too much though. 

Anyone tried Cassano's?

that's what's great about it.  Loads of bread and cheese accented by a spicy sauce.  Perfect combo and worth a trip to  campus whether you're in Cincinnati or Columbus.

I had Cassano's once way back when I think.  Didn't dislike it, but don't remember it being anything special.  Same with Marco's.  Unless I'm getting them mixed up.  I know I've tried Marco's, lol. :lol:

that's what's great about it.  Loads of bread and cheese accented by a spicy sauce.  Perfect combo and worth a trip to  campus whether you're in Cincinnati or Columbus.

I had Cassano's once way back when I think.  Didn't dislike it, but don't remember it being anything special.  Same with Marco's.  Unless I'm getting them mixed up.  I know I've tried Marco's, lol. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like breads and cheese and the pizza is fantastic, just not to my liking anymore.  My tastes have changed I guess.  But I will indulge in Giordano's or Lou's whenever I'm in Chicago and that's the definition of excess bread and cheese. 

Cassano's is very thin pizza....I've seen a pizza from there but never tasted it but everyone I know speaks highly of it.  Was curious. 

For the bread and cheese lovers....Mio's would be right up your alley.  I know they've chained out now but when I had their stuffed pizza, it was pretty good and it's one of the only choices for stuffed pizza in Cincy.  Pizza Tower is pretty good too.

Archived