haha@ Paul Daugherty and the Whodey Revolution

First there was the "outrage" from Paul Daugherty . . .[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"][size="5"][color="#000000"][b]
[/url][url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"][size="5"][color="#000000"][/color][/size][/url]

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"]The Morning Line, 8/26[/b][/color][/size][/url]Posted 8/26/2009 8:17 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com
[b]TML woke up on the wrong side of the Outrage Meter today.
[/b]
[b]The pilot who towed the WhoDeyRevolution banners deriding Mike Brown at training camp is being targeted by the FAA[/b], he says, at the Bengals insistence. The guy believes he'll lose his "authorization to tow.'' He has had to pay his attorney to defend himself. Does anyone else believe this to be [b]The Crock of the Day?
[/b]
Brown is known for ordering security lackeys to tear down "negative'' banners during home games. [b]Heaven forbid that a paying fan base should express its displeasure with the worst franchise in the loop the last 18 years.[/b] Forget, for a second, that PBS is a publicly owned and financed facility, where the tenant should not be allowed to remove signage that isn't obscene or over-the-top personal. Now, he wants to control the airspace as well. Back in the day, he pressured WLW to take A. Furman off Sunday morning Sportstalk, for telling fans not to buy tickets. In other words, Mike's a big Kill the Messenger man.

(As a side note: I still have the photo someone took of a sign from last year that read [b]"P-DOC FOR GM!![/b]'' Thanks for thinking of me, but I'd rather skinny dip in a piranha pool.)

Here's a notion: [b]Win some games[/b]. Winning games will shut the ba----ds up. [b]The airwaves and the printed media will be full of free-speech praise.[/b] Meantime, the poor pilot is being hassled by the mighty FAA, at the behest of the petty Bengals. What a crock.

I feel better now.

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"]http://news.cincinna....cincinnati.com[/url]

Figures. I clicked on the link from Lance McAlister's blog,
and it took me to Paul Daugherty's "outrage. And now
Lance's site is petering out on me.

Anyway, he had a "Things I'm told at the top of his blog.
And it was the Bengals and a dude from WLW literally
shooting the bullshit down.

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

[quote name='Lucid' date='26 August 2009 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1251330707' post='794969']
There is nothing there now
[/quote]

Yeah I know, Lance's site has petered out. There is nothing at all posted.
But it was there, and hopefully will be again when it comes back.

If it does, I will post it.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='26 August 2009 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1251331340' post='794974']
Thanks for the negative rep, whoever. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/glare.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I got your back...

[quote name='scharm' date='26 August 2009 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1251331363' post='794975']
What was supposed to be there?
[/quote]

Jack Brenan (sp?) said there was no truth to it.

And dude that flies for WLW traffic said that the FAA
would not go after the guy unless there was a reason.
And Mike Brown wouldn't be that reason.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='26 August 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1251331652' post='794981']
Jack Brenan (sp?) said there was no truth to it.

And dude that flies for WLW traffic said that the FAA
would not go after the guy unless there was a reason.
And Mike Brown wouldn't be that reason.
[/quote]

Oh so the revolution is caught making things up again and of course P-Doc is going to run with anything they do because he's a bitter asshole?

[quote name='Elflocko' date='26 August 2009 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1251331504' post='794978']
I got your back...
[/quote]

Thanks. :headbang:

[quote name='scharm' date='26 August 2009 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1251331963' post='794982']
Oh so the revolution is caught making things up again and of course P-Doc is going to run with anything they do because he's a bitter asshole?
[/quote]

Pretty much.

And geeez, Lance's site is still out. Looks like all of the blogs there are out.
I knew I should have posted that shit from his blog first.

[quote name='Bengalpunk' date='26 August 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1251333916' post='794993']
Maybe the fact that everyone has forgotten about this site and this is the only to get in the news? Plus he wouldn't have to explain pocketing the extra money since he could claim he had to pay for a attorney.
[/quote]

seems WDR guy has some affiliation with the "writer" chick who wrote about it on espn as well, it was "headline news" for about 2 hours at 10pm the other day i think..

but from what I can tell, he is a guy trying to launch a marketing/consulting company, a trust fund kid from indian hill, daddy paid for duke, and grad school currently, and figures a buncha stupid rednecks make easy pray to spread his silly website and make a little bank on the side.

he formed an LLC via an attourney downtown, so at least he will be filing taxes for the free money retards keep throwing his way.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 August 2009 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1251335030' post='794998']
seems WDR guy has some affiliation with the "writer" chick who wrote about it on espn as well, it was "headline news" for about 2 hours at 10pm the other day i think..

but from what I can tell, he is a guy trying to launch a marketing/consulting company, a trust fund kid from indian hill, daddy paid for duke, and grad school currently, and figures a buncha stupid rednecks make easy pray to spread his silly website and make a little bank on the side.

he formed an LLC via an attourney downtown, so at least he will be filing taxes for the free money retards keep throwing his way.
[/quote]

It'll be inteesting to see said tax return. I'm really curious to see what he's made.

Finally . . .

[b]Things I'm told[/b]
I contacted the Bengals today regarding [b][url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"]the story of[/url][/b] the pilot who flew the Who Dey Revolution banners over Bengals training camps.
[i]The pilot who towed the WhoDeyRevolution banners deriding Mike Brown at training camp is being targeted by the FAA, he says, at the Bengals insistence. The guy believes he'll lose his "authorization to tow.'' He has had to pay his attorney to defend himself.[/i]

[b]Bengals Public Relations Director Jack Brennan told me:[/b]
"The Bengals have zero power to dictate anything to an airport or the FAA. It is
disrespectful to those bodies, I would suggest, for anyone to state otherwise
or play a part in publicizing such a statement. "

[b]700 WLW aviation expert Jay Ratliff told me:[/b]
"The ONLY way the FAA would get involved would be IF the pilot was proven not to
have a "certification of waiver" or IF the flight was operating below 500 feet.
Other than that, only IF the pilot violated any FAA regulations would his
license be in trouble. Mike Brown will never tell the FAA what to do."

[u][color="#0000ff"][url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url][/color][/u]

nice..

also WDR owner has contacted me.....on facebook......

seems WDR SOLDIAZ emailed him saying i said mean things about his cause and potentially him pocketing cheese from it, which he denies, fair enough. I replied with y feelings on it and wished him luck in his "cause". From the 3 sentences I got from him, seems like an ok guy. Wonder why he gives a shit what I have to say tho?

ah well, to each his own. not like it hasnt been done before. mikebrownsucks.com is still poppin... right?

they sure showed mike.

jeepers.. i guess everyone has a right to their own opinion....

:2dedhorse:

[quote name='oldschooler' date='27 August 2009 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1251343083' post='795083']
Finally . . .

[b]Things I'm told[/b]
I contacted the Bengals today regarding [b][url="http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=c77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ac77145f462c74fa0ac03babe03d1a7e3Post%3a4275fd2b-0871-4880-8702-4e4ef893d09a&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com"]the story of[/url][/b] the pilot who flew the Who Dey Revolution banners over Bengals training camps.
[i]The pilot who towed the WhoDeyRevolution banners deriding Mike Brown at training camp is being targeted by the FAA, he says, at the Bengals insistence. The guy believes he'll lose his "authorization to tow.'' He has had to pay his attorney to defend himself.[/i]

[b]Bengals Public Relations Director Jack Brennan told me:[/b]
"The Bengals have zero power to dictate anything to an airport or the FAA. It is
disrespectful to those bodies, I would suggest, for anyone to state otherwise
or play a part in publicizing such a statement. "

[b]700 WLW aviation expert Jay Ratliff told me:[/b]
"The ONLY way the FAA would get involved would be IF the pilot was proven not to
have a "certification of waiver" or IF the flight was operating below 500 feet.
Other than that, only IF the pilot violated any FAA regulations would his
license be in trouble. Mike Brown will never tell the FAA what to do."

[u][color="#0000ff"][url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url][/color][/u]
[/quote]

If you think about it, what P-DOC and WDR did with that lie is reckless and insulting. Puts the FAA in a bad spot. Jeers to you Mr. P-DOC.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='27 August 2009 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1251345075' post='795107']
nice..

also WDR owner has contacted me.....on facebook......

seems WDR SOLDIAZ emailed him saying i said mean things about his cause and potentially him pocketing cheese from it, which he denies, fair enough. I replied with y feelings on it and wished him luck in his "cause". From the 3 sentences I got from him, seems like an ok guy. Wonder why he gives a shit what I have to say tho?

ah well, to each his own. not like it hasnt been done before. mikebrownsucks.com is still poppin... right?

they sure showed mike.

jeepers.. i guess everyone has a right to their own opinion....

:2dedhorse:
[/quote]

I say we have a Go-Bengals/WDR showdown like in Anchorman or West Side story. Although we are going to be the Jets if that happens.

Go, you should pimp your feud with WDR to get some more clicks on your sight.

[quote name='scharm' date='26 August 2009 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1251331963' post='794982']
[/quote]

So if he does editorials, he doesn't have to research anything? Did he even bother to research the FAA or talked to other pilots like Lance did and see if the story holds water? Like you said, he just ran with it, which should be a major blow to his credibility and the thought of him being objective. I did like the idea of him swimming in a piranha pool.

[quote name='scharm' date='27 August 2009 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1251371010' post='795140']
If you think about it, what P-DOC and WDR did with that lie is reckless and insulting. Puts the FAA in a bad spot. Jeers to you Mr. P-DOC.
[/quote]

looks like there may not be any love loss between pdoc and WLW.

[quote name='Hooky' date='27 August 2009 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1251375443' post='795153']
So if he does editorials, he doesn't have to research anything? Did he even bother to research the FAA or talked to other pilots like Lance did and see if the story holds water? Like you said, he just ran with it, [b]which should be a major blow to his credibility and the thought of him being objective.[/b] I did like the idea of him swimming in a piranha pool.
[/quote]

when did he have credibility? and who ever considered him objective?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='27 August 2009 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1251379979' post='795177']
when did he have credibility? and who ever considered him objective?
[/quote]

Good point. He doesn't seem to be concerned with his creibility or objectivity.

[quote name='Hooky' date='27 August 2009 - 09:17 AM' timestamp='1251375443' post='795153']
So if he does editorials, he doesn't have to research anything? Did he even bother to research the FAA or talked to other pilots like Lance did and see if the story holds water? Like you said, he just ran with it, which should be a major blow to his credibility and the thought of him being objective. I did like the idea of him swimming in a piranha pool.
[/quote]

Lack of research is one thing but when you think about it. It is just bad judgement and ignorant babble. The FAA is highly visible transportation department. Yeah, you might want to lay off claims that Mike Brown is telling them how to do their jobs.

Just embarassing for Paul. Just an example of some people can sound foolish when they go to great lengths to grind an axe.

Archived