Free Tickets: Good thing?

So earlier I was thinking it was pretty cool Motorola and Chad gave away those tickets...right.

Well I had two homeless guys sitting in front of me and two absolute drunks that passed out sitting next to me(I asked...they all got free tickets.)

The two homeless guys stunk to high heaven. They left during the second quarter and left there coats on their seats. They did not come back until halfway through the third quarter. Then they began to argue constantly. Then they started pulling on each others beards and hitting each other...in a joking manner but it was still distracting from the game.

They would stand up and cheer between plays when there was nothing to cheer about....not paying any attention to the game.

They constantly turned around and looked to me and my buddy to settle stupid little arguments about the game and football.

I really did not want to call the jerk line.....but come on. I pay for my tickets. I should not have to put up with that crap.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='19 October 2009 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1255982865' post='818826']
Those weren't homeless guys.

Those were guys that said they wouldn't shower or shave until the Bengals lost.
[/quote]

lol Well hopefully they will be back next week then! :panicbutton:

BTW when are you gonna come to Cincy for a game old?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='19 October 2009 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1255982690' post='818825']
So earlier I was thinking it was pretty cool Motorola and Chad gave away those tickets...right.

Well I had two homeless guys sitting in front of me and two absolute drunks that passed out sitting next to me(I asked...they all got free tickets.)

The two homeless guys stunk to high heaven. They left during the second quarter and left there coats on their seats. They did not come back until halfway through the third quarter. Then they began to argue constantly. Then they started pulling on each others beards and hitting each other...in a joking manner but it was still distracting from the game.

They would stand up and cheer between plays when there was nothing to cheer about....not paying any attention to the game.

They constantly turned around and looked to me and my buddy to settle stupid little arguments about the game and football.

I really did not want to call the jerk line.....but come on. I pay for my tickets. I should not have to put up with that crap.
[/quote]

That was you behind me?

Hey, it was hot so we left our coats. You ever stand in line to take a piss, stand in another line to get a beer, stand in line to get a hot dog, then stand in line to piss again, sneak a smoke, and get back to your seat?

Shit takes time.

:unsure:

[quote name='scharm' date='19 October 2009 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1256003403' post='818912']
LOL Homeless guys. I guess they are used to sleeping outside and were able to get in line early enough to get tickets.

Tiger, you've been having fun up at your seats this season haven't you? Didn't you miss the Pitt TD because of some asshats?
[/quote]

Yes.....a 350lb guy fell forward and caused an avalanche of people....

I am already looking into upgrading...lol

[quote name='turningpoint' date='20 October 2009 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1256042361' post='818973']
And now you understnad why i no longer have season tickets after 5 seasons.

Nothing is more annoying then hearing some idiot yell, put Nelson in at punt returner the entire fucking game vs Denver, while he's wasted.
[/quote]

How do you know Nelson was wasted?

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_FL' date='20 October 2009 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1256056579' post='819061']
If the organization offers you a jerk line, why don't you take advantage of it? That's why it's there. They can't fix what they're not aware of.
[/quote]

they left for half the game....maybe I should have called I don't know.

It was just irritating. They did just enough to not get me to call...does that make any sense?

These type of people are all over that stadium. I had a guy last year that pissed himself and could barely stand and it was the first quarter.

For some reason people think because they paid for a Ticket ---- or in the above case got it free, can say and do what they please.

After the Pitt game a Cincy fan belts a Pitt fan. I have no idea why and maybe he deserved it. However, the Pitt fan falls down the steps and lands on a young lady (early 20's). The Bengals fan pounches on the guy with the girl still lying under the Pitt fan.

And let's not forget about the guy that is pissed when they run and pissed when they pass and all the blow hards screaming for a review that has no chance of being overturned. Oh yeah ----- Penalty guy is a classic. Never a penalty on our guys but there is one on the opposing team each and every play.

[b]yeah right......anyway the free tickets was a very good thing and nice gesture from Chad and company. You always have a bunch of drunks and people who know nothing about football in the cheap nosebleed seats. I don't see how those people with free tickets were any different from the rest of you.[/b]

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='20 October 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1256074333' post='819147']
[b]yeah right......anyway the free tickets was a very good thing and nice gesture from Chad and company. You always have a bunch of drunks and people who know nothing about football in the cheap nosebleed seats. I don't see how those people with free tickets were any different from the rest of you.[/b]
[/quote]

Um....they were different because I paid for my tickets. I paid to not have to deal with that crap.

Giving away free tickets invites more of that kind of crap into the stadium.

...but I should have just called the jerk line.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='20 October 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1256075839' post='819154']
Um....they were different because I paid for my tickets. I paid to not have to deal with that crap.

Giving away free tickets invites more of that kind of crap into the stadium.

...but I should have just called the jerk line.
[/quote]
[b]So what about all the jerks in those same cheap seats who pay for their tickets? I doubt your story is true, sounds like you are trying to make yourself sound better than the rest of the people in the cheap seats..you are all in those seats for the same reason: THEY ARE CHEAP! No difference between you and those that got them free. Lots of people get free tickets, this wasn't the first game people were in the stadium with free tickets...Homeless guys...and the difference between them and the rest of the people in the cheap seats? NOTHING, wouldn't know who was homeless and who wasn't.[/b]

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='21 October 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1256099232' post='819225']
[b]So what about all the jerks in those same cheap seats who pay for their tickets? I doubt your story is true, sounds like you are trying to make yourself sound better than the rest of the people in the cheap seats..you are all in those seats for the same reason: THEY ARE CHEAP! No difference between you and those that got them free. Lots of people get free tickets, this wasn't the first game people were in the stadium with free tickets...Homeless guys...and the difference between them and the rest of the people in the cheap seats? NOTHING, wouldn't know who was homeless and who wasn't.[/b]
[/quote]

while i find your intent and argument to be probably somewhat accurate and certainly funny, there is still at least a small difference between those who got in free and those who didnt.... $

i can assure you, team ownership and front office sees a difference. the ones who paid $300 seat license per seat up there and paid $63/ticket, $630 a year for many years vs someone who stood in a line and bought $23 in beer, there is a difference there, not only in purpose at the game, but in value to the organization.

$23 in beer revenue is better than an empty seat, thats for sure.. but $630/yr plus seat license fee trumps beer sales 10 fold.

but this is why i also buy lower level sideline seats for away games as well, higher class of people... i sat in the cheap seatsin baltimore once, upper deck corner endzone.. death threats all game, beer bottles thrown, half eatin food thrown, bottle caps, etc..

followed by "you're fucking death asshole, you gotta come out sometime!" threats ont he way out..

which is why i have lower level sideline season tickets and get them elsewhere... better experience all around.

PS: how did homeless people hear about this? twitter? homeless people with twitter cant be trusted..

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='21 October 2009 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1256099232' post='819225']
[/quote]

FYI When I bought my season tickets this was all that was available.

I paid $480 dollars per seat(4 seats) for the seat license and $670 per seat for tickets each year.

I guess you caught me though....I just get on these forums to make up odd stories about things that happen when I go to Bengals games. :rolleyes:

I don't really care if you think the story is true....and yes there are other idiots in my section.

Just a quick ?? for you. How much to you pay for season tickets a year?

NM...I know the answer.

It may be time for you to go do a lil more of your "cool" screen name.

Pimp those hoes baby!

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='21 October 2009 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1256119302' post='819232']
FYI When I bought my season tickets this was all that was available.

I paid $480 dollars per seat(4 seats) for the seat license and $670 per seat for tickets each year.

I guess you caught me though....I just get on these forums to make up odd stories about things that happen when I go to Bengals games. :rolleyes:

I don't really care if you think the story is true....and yes there are other idiots in my section.

Just a quick ?? for you. How much to you pay for season tickets a year?

NM...I know the answer.

It may be time for you to go do a lil more of your "cool" screen name.

Pimp those hoes baby!
[/quote]

[b]Pimp those hoes baby? I knew you would reveal your true nature.....superiority complex for a guy with cheap seat for the whole season! LMAO! Issues with homeless people,etc....
I haven't a clue what we paid for our season tickets, we have 2 sets, one in the club section 210, the other is section 109. Had the 109 section for the longest.
The point was people in the cheap section were not acting up because they got "free" tickets. People in those sections tend to act that way anyway.So I didn't understand the need to point out that the misfits had free tickets. But if it made you feel better about your position in life, which from your responses I can see it did, than good for you. [/b]

[quote name='KoKaine7777' date='21 October 2009 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1256146026' post='819330']
[b]Pimp those hoes baby? I knew you would reveal your true nature.....superiority complex for a guy with cheap seat for the whole season! LMAO! Issues with homeless people,etc....
I haven't a clue what we paid for our season tickets, we have 2 sets, one in the club section 210, the other is section 109. Had the 109 section for the longest.
The point was people in the cheap section were not acting up because they got "free" tickets. People in those sections tend to act that way anyway.So I didn't understand the need to point out that the misfits had free tickets. But if it made you feel better about your position in life, which from your responses I can see it did, than good for you. [/b]
[/quote]

lol Doesn't the fact that you look down on me because I have the "cheap seats" put you in the same boat?

Pot meet kettle.

I have no issues with homeless people....I have issues with people having personal hygiene problems and being an overall distraction to the game....but if that makes me upity so be it.

I think the fact that you feel all your posts have to be typed in bold is a sign that you feel the need to stand out.....

inferiority complex of your own? hmmmmm :on_the_quiet:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='21 October 2009 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1256147280' post='819334']
lol Doesn't the fact that you look down on me because I have the "cheap seats" put you in the same boat?

Pot meet kettle.

I have no issues with homeless people....I have issues with people having personal hygiene problems and being an overall distraction to the game....but if that makes me upity so be it.

I think the fact that you feel all your posts have to be typed in bold is a sign that you feel the need to stand out.....

inferiority complex of your own? hmmmmm :on_the_quiet:
[/quote]

[b]Bold for those with poor eyesight. Way to go making fun of the blind! You are a real piece of work![/b]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='21 October 2009 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1256103008' post='819227']
while i find your intent and argument to be probably somewhat accurate and certainly funny, there is still at least a small difference between those who got in free and those who didnt.... $

i can assure you, team ownership and front office sees a difference. the ones who paid $300 seat license per seat up there and paid $63/ticket, $630 a year for many years vs someone who stood in a line and bought $23 in beer, there is a difference there, not only in purpose at the game, but in value to the organization.

$23 in beer revenue is better than an empty seat, thats for sure.. but $630/yr plus seat license fee trumps beer sales 10 fold.

but this is why i also buy lower level sideline seats for away games as well, higher class of people... i sat in the cheap seatsin baltimore once, upper deck corner endzone.. death threats all game, beer bottles thrown, half eatin food thrown, bottle caps, etc..

followed by "you're fucking death asshole, you gotta come out sometime!" threats ont he way out..

which is why i have lower level sideline season tickets and get them elsewhere... better experience all around.

PS: how did homeless people hear about this? twitter? homeless people with twitter cant be trusted..
[/quote]

I just found out today that end zone seats are cheaper than mine....WTF!

I talked to the ticket office today and I am probably upgrading to club level.

Padded seats here I come......

When I sit in club level do I have to drink wine and stick my pinky out? :badger: :ninja:

Archived