[quote name='Abu-Zayd' date='30 November 2009 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1259636927' post='835348']
why is it that NO can get one on one matchups on some long balls all day, while teams always seem to play 2 safeties deep on us. that does not add up. i don't think its the defense, i think its the goddam offense. have i mentioned before that i hate our offensive system? i hope we win the superbowl, but i wish we had a different offensive system. i don't want to be an air it out all day offense, but damn... you gotta be able to throw deep 5 times a game and get at least one 30+ yd pass a game... at least. i hate this move the chains offense.
[/quote]

if we could protect and go 4 wide.. we would do the same thing..

but we can barely go 3 wide and give palmer time on a 3 step drop.

same system back in 2005 fucking teams up all day with the long ball...

its not the system... its the talent... or lack of.

[quote name='Whodeyman' date='30 November 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1259637279' post='835354']
Anyone notice that there were no Browns vs. Bengals highlights just a mention of LJ at the end?
[/quote]

normally i would feel shafted, but i tried to rewatch the game today.. i was painfully boring to watch on tv.. and FG highlights arent that entertaining.. nor is the 8 yard TD pass to 4th string TE...lol

ill take the W anyday.. but that was BORING...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 November 2009 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1259637434' post='835358']
normally i would feel shafted, but i tried to rewatch the game today.. i was painfully boring to watch on tv.. and FG highlights arent that entertaining.. nor is the 8 yard TD pass to 4th string TE...lol

ill take the W anyday.. but that was BORING...
[/quote]

welcome to smashmouth football! you win games that even the players' moms don't want to watch

[quote name='Actium' date='30 November 2009 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1259637821' post='835368']
welcome to smashmouth football! you win games that even the [b]players' moms don't want to watch[/b]
[/quote]

the irony of that statement is epic.

moms sitting in the section that has staff and player family in it probably shouldnt scream bad things about staff and other players...while wearing their sons jersey....standing next to his sister and father...

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='30 November 2009 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1259638227' post='835375']
Why do I sense some fucking miracle Hollywood storybook finish for Cardinal Brady and Pope Billicheat?
[/quote]

they're still in it for sure...someone else said it--it seems Brady hardly throws anything less than 25 yard attempts...the thing is he connects and it's a game again.

[quote name='Whodeyman' date='30 November 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1259637279' post='835354']
Anyone notice that there were no Browns vs. Bengals highlights just a mention of LJ at the end?
[/quote]

they didn't highlight last week's game either.

Anyone notice that ESPN (that I've seen) has yet to show any highlights from any UFL game this year, but Berman will cover the CFL championship?

I'd bet money Goodell has something to do with it, and the fact that ESPN is the home of MNF.

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='01 December 2009 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1259640391' post='835414']
Brees is putting on a clinic. His WRs are excellent at YAC, too
[/quote]

I said a minute ago that our corners could hang, but DAMN. Nice to know that to find out it will have to be a "Who Dey vs. Who-dat" Superbowl!!

Archived