Worst case scenario? where do we really stand?

Before anyone shits their pants and screams, I'm not freaking out. I just want to know how the wild card shit plays out. If the Ravens win out they end up 10-6. If we lose out we end up 9-7 and lose the division. Where do we stand for a wild card? Are we 100% guaranteed a spot in the playoffs as of today? Again, I'm just curious how the wild card is stacking up.
MULLY

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='14 December 2009 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1260746197' post='841988']
We won't lose out. If we do, I swear I will give every one who asks the best blowjob of their life
[/quote]

Well, next week surely isn't a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. If anyone here actually believes we are favored to win against the Chargers they can drop down and suck on my balls. KC *should* be a win for us but then again Oakland should have been one too. Knowing how the Bengals play down to their opponents scares the shit out of me against KC. Jets, I just don't have an opinion there. The way this offense looks doesn't really give me much hope. The Ravens did exactly what we should have done to Detroit and they're looking at the next 3 weeks facing Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Oakland. I don't see it as too far fetched for Baltimore to win out.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='13 December 2009 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1260746804' post='841992']
Well, next week surely isn't a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. If anyone here actually believes we are favored to win against the Chargers they can drop down and suck on my balls. KC *should* be a win for us but then again Oakland should have been one too. Knowing how the Bengals play down to their opponents scares the shit out of me against KC. Jets, I just don't have an opinion there. The way this offense looks doesn't really give me much hope. The Ravens did exactly what we should have done to Detroit and they're looking at the next 3 weeks facing Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Oakland. I don't see it as too far fetched for Baltimore to win out.
MULLY
[/quote]

Eh...if they lose to SD they will come back home with the chance to clinch a division title in front of their home crowd that has seen 1 division title in the last 18 years or whatever.

Id like to think they would come out fired up and take care of a bad team in KC and give their home fans a division championship in person.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='13 December 2009 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1260745718' post='841978']
Before anyone shits their pants and screams, I'm not freaking out. I just want to know how the wild card shit plays out. If the Ravens win out they end up 10-6. If we lose out we end up 9-7 and lose the division. Where do we stand for a wild card? Are we 100% guaranteed a spot in the playoffs as of today? Again, I'm just curious how the wild card is stacking up.
MULLY
[/quote]

There are still 5 teams in the wildcard hunt that could end up 10-6, so even if we go 10-6, nothing is guaranteed. It takes 11-5 to guarantee anything at this point.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' date='14 December 2009 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1260746976' post='841994']
There are still 5 teams in the wildcard hunt that could end up 10-6, so even if we go 10-6, nothing is guaranteed. It takes 11-5 to guarantee anything at this point.
[/quote]

10-6 get us in. The best Baltimore can do is 10-6 and if we both end up there we win the tie breaker. I'm not worried about 10-6. 9-7 is the number that scares me.
MULLY

[quote name='Since 87' date='13 December 2009 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1260746033' post='841986']
Seriously, Cassel threw 4 INTs vs the Bills today. That's like an automatic 3 points for the Bengals. Maybe 6 if the offense is feeling it.
[/quote]

:lol:

sad

[quote name='Jungle1' date='13 December 2009 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1260746461' post='841990']
Is that what you did to Robocop???

:ninja:
[/quote]

:24:

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' date='13 December 2009 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1260746976' post='841994']
[/quote]

Do you really not know that 1 more wins guarantees us the division?

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' date='13 December 2009 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1260746976' post='841994']
[/quote]
We win the division at 10-6. Playoffs are guarenteed.

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='13 December 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1260747539' post='842006']
Dude. We are not going to lose out. This thread is not needed.
[/quote]

Nor is the thread about rooting for the steelers.

People just need to take a step back and realize we are still a good team, even though we played like horse shit today.

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='14 December 2009 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1260747539' post='842006']
Dude. We are not going to lose out. This thread is not needed.
[/quote]

Did you not understand my original post? I'm wanting to know the wild card scenario. Just because you think the Bengals are going to win at least one more does that mean that others need to be left in the dark about how the wild cards play out?
MULLY

How are we supposed to just know where we stand in the wild card? Am I supposed to simulate the other teams record or something? Nobody knows how its going to work out, because nobody knows who's gonna win what game. You can't just predict something like that.

Not like we have to worry about it anyways. We are going to win the division. I highly doubt the Ravens win out anyways. Those dudes are as inconsitant as they come.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='13 December 2009 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1260752042' post='842054']
Threads like these make me not want to come back to a message board.
[/quote]

Thank god you changed your little pimple tatoo back avatar. i will give u plus rep for that.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='14 December 2009 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1260752042' post='842054']
Threads like these make me not want to come back to a message board.
[/quote]

Learn to read.....or better yet, learn to understand what you're reading. I was asking about the playoffs and where we stand in a wild card race *IF* it comes down to that. What the fuck is wrong with that?
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='13 December 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1260754676' post='842063']
Learn to read.....or better yet, learn to understand what you're reading. I was asking about the playoffs and where we stand in a wild card race *IF* it comes down to that. What the fuck is wrong with that?
MULLY
[/quote]

The Bengals have not clinched a play-off spot yet. If they go 9-7 they could miss the playoffs.

There is a thread that is stickied at the top of the forum
that is about the Playoff picture. It tells you how things
stand right now, but can't tell you the future.

And I love how 1 loss turns into "the worst case scenario" of losing out.

If this team can't win 1 fucking game out of the next 3, then they don't
deserve to be in the Playoffs anyway.

[quote name='ctfan73' date='14 December 2009 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1260754881' post='842066']
The Bengals have not clinched a play-off spot yet. If they go 9-7 they could miss the playoffs.
[/quote]

This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I didn't know if we were already in or not. Is it so fucking hard for people around here not to have a fucking cow when a question is asked?
MULLY

Archived