Ravens trade for Boldin

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1268008788' post='868142']
You mean we have any other option that is even remotely on the level of heap in the passing game? Wish we would have used him last year then.

This
[/quote]

I think you're over valuing Heap's role last year. Baltimore TE's only had 13 more catches than Bengals TE's last year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='07 March 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1268009397' post='868145']
I think you're over valuing Heap's role last year. Baltimore TE's only had 13 more catches than Bengals TE's last year.
[/quote]

and I think your under vauling the upgrade boldin is for them

[quote name='oldschooler' date='07 March 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1268008928' post='868143']
I admit it. I look at the bright side on Bengals' moves.
And look at the negatives for rivals' moves.

Sue me. lol
[/quote]

LOL it just makes me want to one up them. Give me Marshall, T.O., or Bryant and add a solid nickel corner to go with J-Jo and Leon and we are in business.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1268008788' post='868142']
You mean we have any other option that is even remotely on the level of heap in the passing game? Wish we would have used him last year then.

This
[/quote]

the ravens dont have another option...which is the whole damn point. they had a good WR and replaced him with a little bit better WR but still havent fixed the fact that they have a pile of shit lined up opposite of him.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1268009763' post='868149']
[/quote]

you are undervaluing derrick masons ability

[quote name='Jeff Blake' date='07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1268006766' post='868127']
It's hard to argue that the Ravens didn't improve their team by adding Boldin. [b]If we had added Boldin some of the detractors here would be saying what a great move it was. [/b]It is what it is: a nice upgrade at wr for them.
[/quote]

because we would have ADDED not UPGRADED. whats the point in a little upgrade at WR # 1 when WR # 2 and 3 are still total shit? If Bengals replaced Chad with Brandon Marshall i wouldnt be excited because that wouldnt fix the problem of NEEDING more by just upgrading 1. Why is this so difficult for people to comprehend? Mason wasnt the problem in Baltimore, the lack of anything worth a crap opposite him was the problem.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='07 March 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1268011508' post='868162']
the ravens dont have another option...which is the whole damn point. they had a good WR and replaced him with a little bit better WR but still havent fixed the fact that they have a pile of shit lined up opposite of him.

you are undervaluing derrick masons ability
[/quote]

No Im not but if you think Mason is as good as Boldin at this point in their careers your out of you mind.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1268011672' post='868166']
No Im not but if you think Mason is as good as Boldin at this point in their careers your out of you mind.
[/quote]

are you capable of reading, seriously? never did i say they evenly swapped WRs. but mason was ALREADY getting doubled and it didnt help the other WRs. boldin will give them a little bit more at the 1 spot but he wont help the other WRs anymore. the other WRs is what needs to be changed.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='07 March 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1268011595' post='868164']
because we would have ADDED not UPGRADED. whats the point in a little upgrade at WR # 1 when WR # 2 and 3 are still total shit? If Bengals replaced Chad with Brandon Marshall i wouldnt be excited because that wouldnt fix the problem of NEEDING more by just upgrading 1. Why is this so difficult for people to comprehend? Mason wasnt the problem in Baltimore, the lack of anything worth a crap opposite him was the problem.
[/quote]

It's really simple. An upgrade is an upgrade. A better player at any position takes pressure off others. You don't pass up an opportunity to upgrade your #1 WR just because you need a better #2 and 3. Good organizations can do both. But in regards to Baltimore, Mason may very well be back and they did add Stallworth who is not great but is a guy that improves their no. 3 wr situation. Plus there is still the draft. How have they not improved their WR situation?

[quote name='Jeff Blake' date='07 March 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1268014037' post='868178']
It's really simple. An upgrade is an upgrade. A better player at any position takes pressure off others. You don't pass up an opportunity to upgrade your #1 WR just because you need a better #2 and 3. Good organizations can do both. But in regards to Baltimore, Mason may very well be back and they did add Stallworth who is not great but is a guy that improves their no. 3 wr situation. Plus there is still the draft. How have they not improved their WR situation?
[/quote]

i never said it wasnt an upgrade i just said they havent fixed what the problem is with their offense. i dont see a chance in hell mason goes back to baltimore because they were very big assholes in how they treated him. i guess he would only come back if no one else shows interest and he doesnt want to retire.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1268009763' post='868149']
[/quote]

not really. It upgrades them sure, but you could still make a strong argument that their WR corp is still worse than ours, and Palmer > Flacco.

Boldin's a great player but their passing game as a whole isn't much better unless they get more talent that can take double teams off of him.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='07 March 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1268012070' post='868170']
are you capable of reading, seriously? never did i say they evenly swapped WRs. but mason was ALREADY getting doubled and it didnt help the other WRs. boldin will give them a little bit more at the 1 spot but he wont help the other WRs anymore. the other WRs is what needs to be changed.
[/quote]

are you capeable of replying without being a total douche?

never mind its who you are so no

Now where did I say you said they were even? I didnt now STFU

But you ARE undervaluing Boldin he will add to that team, I dont like it, but Im not going to devalue it just so I can feel better about it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='07 March 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1268014564' post='868185']
not really. It upgrades them sure, but you could still make a strong argument that their WR corp is still worse than ours, and Palmer > Flacco.

Boldin's a great player but their passing game as a whole isn't much better unless they get more talent that can take double teams off of him.
[/quote]

If you put Chad and Boldin as the #1s and as you did take them both out due to the double team, they have heap at TE, where as we have an unknown and their other WRs are about equal to our other WRs. That was my point. If we sign TO sure our WRs will be better, but as of today, I give them a slight edge.

[quote name='scharm' date='07 March 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1268017772' post='868207']
Losing Mason is going to hurt for them if it happens. He has always been underrated.
[/quote]

I could see him coming back and being the #2.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='07 March 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1268014564' post='868185']

[/quote]

It seems as if the Ravens would be getting more credit for trading for Boldin if they had also re-signed Mason. Boldin is better than Mason at this point in their respective careers, but Baltimore will need to give him more help at the position. Mason and/or the Squirrel might be re-signed eventually. If they don't make any moves at WR, I'd be shocked.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1268017486' post='868206']
If you put Chad and Boldin as the #1s and as you did take them both out due to the double team, they have heap at TE, where as we have an unknown and their other WRs are about equal to our other WRs. That was my point. If we sign TO sure our WRs will be better, but as of today, I give them a slight edge.
[/quote]

Todd heap hasnt been that good since 2006.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1268017334' post='868205']
are you [b]capeable[/b] of replying without being a total douche?

never mind its who you are so no

Now where did I say you said they were even? I didnt now STFU

But you ARE undervaluing Boldin he will add to that team, I dont like it, but Im not going to devalue it just so I can feel better about it.
[/quote]

im not sure anyone is capeable :)

im not undervaluing boldin. ive always been a big fan of him. but he has also had a stud WR opposite him for most of his career and the most accurate QB ever too. he is a good WR and an upgrade of Mason but it doesnt really matter unless they get someone opposite of him that is going to matter. todd heap is far from the potential playmaker he was 3-4 years ago. ravens MUST upgrade their # 2 WR to really feel the effects of upgrading the #1 WR

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='07 March 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1268017952' post='868209']
I could see him coming back and being the #2.
[/quote]

not after how they treated him. i thikn willie coming back to cincy is more likely than mason going back to balitmore.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='07 March 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1268019481' post='868213']
Todd heap hasnt been that good since 2006.
[/quote]

Todd Heap is still better than anything we had at TE

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='07 March 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1268019567' post='868214']
im not sure anyone is capeable :)

im not undervaluing boldin. ive always been a big fan of him. but he has also had a stud WR opposite him for most of his career and the most accurate QB ever too. he is a good WR and an upgrade of Mason but it doesnt really matter unless they get someone opposite of him that is going to matter. todd heap is far from the potential playmaker he was 3-4 years ago. ravens MUST upgrade their # 2 WR to really feel the effects of upgrading the #1 WR

[color="#FF0000"]not after how they treated him. i thikn willie coming back to cincy is more likely than mason going back to balitmore.[/color]
[/quote]

??

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' date='07 March 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1268018614' post='868211']
[b]It seems as if the Ravens would be getting more credit for trading for Boldin if they had also re-signed Mason.[/b] Boldin is better than Mason at this point in their respective careers, but Baltimore will need to give him more help at the position. Mason and/or the Squirrel might be re-signed eventually. If they don't make any moves at WR, I'd be shocked.
[/quote]

I'd agree with that. Replacing a good WR that got double teamed with a better WR that will still get double teamed only gains you so much ground IMO.

Archived