Spoke to a Doctor who Consults for the Bengals

I was visiting my grandmother in a nursing home on Tuesday when her doctor came in. I was wearing a Bengals shirt and he told me he consulted with the Bengals. He's not an orthopedist, so don't rag on him for AB. But he said a few interesting things I thought I would share. Take it for what it's worth.

He said Brandon Ghee is fine, he just needs to be cleared by the NFL's independent neurologists.
Adam Jones is "crazy". He doesn't care about his body, and would go all out even against an OT. He thinks that style will make him vulnerable to injury, but he's one of the best athletes on the team.
Andre's heart isn't in it.

I asked him what happened with AB. He said that he had off season surgery and all involved were expecting the injury to heal and it just didn't.

He also said Jerome Simpson needs to find his life's work.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1283459784' post='912952']
I was visiting my grandmother in a nursing home on Tuesday when her doctor came in. I was wearing a Bengals shirt and he told me he consulted with the Bengals. He's not an orthopedist, so don't rag on him for AB. But he said a few interesting things I thought I would share. Take it for what it's worth.

He said Brandon Ghee is fine, he just needs to be cleared by the NFL's independent neurologists.
Adam Jones is "crazy". He doesn't care about his body, and would go all out even against an OT. He thinks that style will make him vulnerable to injury, but he's one of the best athletes on the team.
Andre's heart isn't in it.

I asked him what happened with AB. He said that he had off season surgery and all involved were expecting the injury to heal and it just didn't.

[/quote]

Not sure where a doctor would have seen enough of Jerome, Adam, or Andre to make any more of judgement on them than I have.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1283459784' post='912952']

[b]Andre's heart isn't in it.[/b]

[/quote]

This is what I saw at training camp..

A child in a man's body who did not want to be "at work."

His body language said he did not want to be there....Hopefully he will grow up.

How the hell would a doctor know anything about any player not related to an injury he was dealing with whereas the doctor would have a chance to look at/diagnose/treat them etc...?

Jerome needs to find his life's work? Again, how does a doctor who consults with a team know anything related to player personel issues and who is or isn't good enough to make a team or be successful etc...?

Andre's heart may not be in it, but how would he know anything related to that unless it was his actual heart that had something physically wrong with it?

I just find it bizarre that a person in that position would know these types of things.

I'm surprised he wasn't able to divulge who'll make the final cut at defensive back.

Not knocking Jason for just giving out info that he got, but I just don't get how this guy in his position knows random shit about players that have nothing to do with anything.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' timestamp='1283460472' post='912963']
How the hell would a doctor know anything about any player not related to an injury he was dealing with whereas the doctor would have a chance to look at/diagnose/treat them etc...?

Jerome needs to find his life's work? Again, how does a doctor who consults with a team know anything related to player personel issues and who is or isn't good enough to make a team or be successful etc...?

Andre's heart may not be in it, but how would he know anything related to that unless it was his actual heart that had something physically wrong with it?

I just find it bizarre that a person in that position would know these types of things.

I'm surprised he wasn't able to divulge who'll make the final cut at defensive back.

Not knocking Jason for just giving out info that he got, but I just don't get how this guy in his position knows random shit about players that have nothing to do with anything.
[/quote]

Maybe, like most work environments, people talk to each other?

[/quote]

And if he did know anything about an injury, its illegal for him to tell anyone.

[/quote]

x2

Don't doubt anything Jason said, but don't see how a doctor, one who's not even with the team full time, can judge a players heart (Andre) or football ability (Simpson).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1283460641' post='912966']
x2

Don't doubt anything Jason said, but don't see how a doctor, one who's not even with the team full time, can judge a players heart (Andre) or football ability (Simpson).
[/quote]

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1283460614' post='912964']
Maybe, like most work environments, people talk to each other?
[/quote]

So the Organization took a gamble on Bryant - optomistic that his Knee would heal up just fine - and it didn't.

Ruh Row.

I haven't seen any indication that Andre's heart isn't into football. I've seen indications that Andre's heart isn't into working, but I'll cut the guy some slack, he's been out of the routine for a time, and he's still getting up to snuff. Too soon to tell.

Brandon Ghee. I hate head injuries. I hate it when a back gets up from under the pile shaking the stars out of his noggin. I hate it when some noodle head looking to make a name for himself tries to light somebody up. I hate when pussy bitch defensive backs or defenders come late into a pile looking to get a cheap shot on the defenseless player. I hate blindside crack blocks. I hate cheap mother fucking bitches. I really don't see much of that crummy shit going on from the Bengals players. Really. . .

Maybe Jerome has already found his lifes work?

Maybe this guy you talked too likes to feel important - a common human tendency - and chatted you up to entertain you and suck off his ego.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1283459999' post='912955']
Not sure where a doctor would have seen enough of Jerome, Adam, or Andre to make any more of judgement on them than I have.
[/quote]
My Doc consults with the Bengals . He's not an orthopedist but is on the sidelines weekly .

[b][quote name='Patmo' timestamp='1283460866' post='912972']
My Doc consults with the Bengals . He's not an orthopedist but is on the sidelines weekly .
[/quote][/b]

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1283461070' post='912976']
he consults.. he isnt at PBS or camp....
[/quote]

Are you sure about that?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1283461306' post='912984']

Are you sure about that?
[/quote]

pretty sure... that a doctor at a nursing home isnt spending much time with players.. as a consultant he would come in to ...consult... on certain injuries.. he probably does go once a week...to consult...and then goes ack to his full time job.. which apparently involves nursing homes..

no one is a bengals full time doctor highlighting at nursing homes on the weekends for fun...

[b][quote name='Jason' timestamp='1283461612' post='912988']
He travels with the team.
[/quote][/b]

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1283461613' post='912989']
pretty sure... that a doctor at a nursing home isnt spending much time with players.. as a consultant he would come in to ...consult... on certain injuries.. he probably does go once a week...to consult...and then goes ack to his full time job.. which apparently involves nursing homes..

no one is a bengals full time doctor highlighting at nursing homes on the weekends for fun...
[/quote]

Oh really?

I am not trying to defend this Doctor... But I think it is a little fucked up that whenever anyone tries to share some "grapevine" inside info everyone (who have ABSOLUTELY no information about it whatsoever) shits all over it..

Can't you just read it and go "hmmmm"?

[/quote]

hmm...

so, unless we are professional caregivers, none of us with kids know anything about raising kids, right? silly. perhaps he's a football fan as well. the fact that he spent time with the players allows him to judge things and jason was privy to his opinion. just like a reporter. most of them never played football or coached it, and rarely are they professional "talent evaluators", but their opinions are considered valid because they spend time with the players.

furthermore, to know if smith's "heart is in it", shouldn't this doctor have been a psychologist to have any idea what he was talking about?

and finally, philosophically, to consider only the vocational area of specialty of a human being to be of worth is tantamount to slavery, for this sort of specialization equates to a machine-like organization of society based on certified vocational training and related credentials controlled from above.

instead, we are renaissance men!

'preciate the comments jason... i hope your doc friend is wrong about smith tho.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1283459993' post='912954']
[b]Not too many HIPAA violations there.[/b] Otherwise, excellent takes.
[/quote]

He didn't really disclose anything that could be considered a violation. The fact that Ghee had a concussion was already known. As was AB's knee injury.

The other info wasn't medical.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1283461679' post='912992']
I know the guy who provides the leeches for the Bengals team doctor.

He said that Ghee will be fine. They just need to bleed him a little more.
[/quote]
lol

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1283461788' post='912994']
I am not trying to defend this Doctor... But I think it is a little fucked up that whenever anyone tries to share some "grapevine" inside info everyone (who have ABSOLUTELY no information about it whatsoever) shits all over it..

Can't you just read it and go "hmmmm"?
[/quote]

i prefer looking for the reality of situations..

even if said statements are accurate, its what, 3rd 4th hand story by now?

if he travels with the team why is he at a nursing home? i have met 5-6 doctors who consult with the bengals, just like he was consulting with jasons mother, does he know if her heart was into that game of bridge earlier? i know jasons not lying, hell i dont even dispute anything he said.. it all sounds true and like something any of us would ahve guessed... just saying the guy likely boasted himself a bit more of an in man than he likely is...

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1283462111' post='913001']
He didn't really disclose anything that could be considered a violation. The fact that Ghee had a concussion was already known. As was AB's knee injury.

The other info wasn't medical.
[/quote]

It does not matter whether it was known or not..... He is still not allowed to talk about anyone he sees as a patient....ever....unless the patient signs release forms.

Archived