FUCK PHILLY

JBandJoeyV

I of course hope we beat the Phillies. And for the duration of this series, "Phuck Philly".

But I will be rooting for whoever wins this series the rest of the way. Philly is the team I like most (other than the Reds) of the teams involved.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1286208639' post='926595']
I of course hope we beat the Phillies. And for the duration of this series, "Phuck Philly".

But I will be rooting for whoever wins this series the rest of the way. [b]Philly is the team I like most (other than the Reds) of the teams involved.[/b][/quote]

You're a tool.

:ph34r:

I'm glad for the Reds winning their division and making the playoffs. It's good for Cincinnati and good for baseball. New blood...it's a very good thing.

But I always wonder why Reds fans always go fucking Yankeefan-like when good fortune comes their way?

Oh well, enjoy it anyway.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1286210357' post='926608']
I'm glad for the Reds winning their division and making the playoffs. It's good for Cincinnati and good for baseball. New blood...it's a very good thing.

[b]But I always wonder why Reds fans always go fucking Yankeefan-like when good fortune comes their way? [/b]

Oh well, enjoy it anyway.
[/quote]

Do explain...

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1286212063' post='926620']
Do explain...
[/quote]

Cincinnati sports fans have a little brother complex, IMO.

But FUCK PHILLY. That 4 games series during the year, although the results sucked, it was some entertaining Baseball. Revenge!

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1286212063' post='926620']
Do explain...
[/quote]

Yankeefan--and to a somewhat lesser extent (and completely meritless)Metfan--always beat their fucking chests when the good stuff comes. Like "Here we are...worship us", etc.

I heard this same shit out of Redfan during the 70's. Those were some of the best baseball teams ever assembled. But to hear Redfan then, if you weren't falling down in adulation with every fucking breath of your body, there was something wrong with you.

I actually didn't hear it with the Nasty Boys...that was surprising...and refreshing.

Haven't heard shit since, but I'm starting to hear it now. And my question is: why? And for what?

Ah, LT, you're just jealous. You've caught a whiff of the sweet "new playoff team" smell the Reds are reeking of - something the Fillees haven't smellt in a half-decate - and you just wish for a little of it yourself. Hell, the Bravos used to make the playoffs so many consecutive times that their fans got fatigued by it and wouldn't even show up for games, much less beat their chests over how wonderful they were.

The fifteen-year hiatus has pumped life into a depressed fan base. Please don't compare our team's fans to those of the mega cities of the east - while you may see a surface similarity, there really is a difference between an obnoxious YankSox fan and the small market fan who has seen dollars buy playoff berths while he's had to sit alone in October with nobody to dance with. Maybe we Reds fans are cocky, but I believe it is born of pent-up frustration more than anything else.

If it will help, I think we'd all be okay for you to adopt a "let the baby have their toy" attitude. We know you're no better than us, but we're okay if you want to think you are. Traitor. :)

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1286216417' post='926656']
Yankeefan--and to a somewhat lesser extent (and completely meritless)Metfan--always beat their fucking chests when the good stuff comes. Like "Here we are...worship us", etc.

I heard this same shit out of Redfan during the 70's. Those were some of the best baseball teams ever assembled. But to hear Redfan then, if you weren't falling down in adulation with every fucking breath of your body, there was something wrong with you.

I actually didn't hear it with the Nasty Boys...that was surprising...and refreshing.

Haven't heard shit since, but I'm starting to hear it now. And my question is: why? And for what?
[/quote]

I dont know if you are referring to us on here or just reds fans in general or what.

I havent really seen too much beating our chests. We are happy to be in the playoffs
for the first time in a long time. We know that its gonna be very tough to beat philly
and advance but that doesnt mean we cant still be confident and hope we upset them...

If you are reffering to posts like me saying "Jay bruce is gonna own halladay" or stuff like
that, im not really beating my chests saying we are the best or anything, im just 1. half joking
2. getting pumped up for the series and hoping our hotest hitter can keep it going.

No one has really been saying we are amazing or we are gonna kill the phillies or anything.
We are just excited for some playoff baseball and having some fun.

But what do I know?

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1286216993' post='926664']
I dont know if you are referring to us on here or just reds fans in general or what.

I havent really seen too much beating our chests. We are happy to be in the playoffs
for the first time in a long time. We know that its gonna be very tough to beat philly
and advance but that doesnt mean we cant still be confident and hope we upset them...

If you are reffering to posts like me saying "Jay bruce is gonna own halladay" or stuff like
that, im not really beating my chests saying we are the best or anything, im just 1. half joking
2. getting pumped up for the series and hoping our hotest hitter can keep it going.

No one has really been saying we are amazing or we are gonna kill the phillies or anything.
We are just excited for some playoff baseball and having some fun.

But what do I know?
[/quote]

You know a lot. No prob, sir.

If you had to read Metfan every time his team hits a successful bunt single, you would know what I've been talking about.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1286217338' post='926670']
You know a lot. No prob, sir.

If you had to read Metfan every time his team hits a successful bunt single, you would know what I've been talking about.
[/quote]

Yeah, to our defense though its hard not to get maybe a little overly excited when your
team makes the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. Its almost natural to act that way.

And its probably going to continue in the playoffs, every hit every run we are going to
get excited about, and when we win a game we will be even more excited. Now philly fans that
have been here and done that probably wont be as up and down with wins and losses, and that
might even help you guys if the players act the same way. Hopefully the reds wont get too
up and too down about everything because as the phillies probably know its not just a 1
game series you have to win 3 games.

I dont know, should be an interesting series, pretty much two opposite teams. 1 team that
has been to the WS two straight years, 1 team that hasnt sniffed the playoffs in 15 years.
We'll see which one pans out.

Actually they are not two opposite teams. The current Reds team reminds me very much of the 2007 Phillies. Alot of hitting and so-so pitching. A few more pieces and they'll be right there.

I could pump my chest all day and laugh my ass off at your "Fuck Philly" thread. I'll take the higher road. LeTigre hit the nail on the head... VERY Metfanlike. You DON'T want to put yourself in that class. Trust me... they are the little tart bus fans of the NL.

It would be nice to have some objective conversation about the series. This is not the Steelers or Ratbirds. It's baseball. A cerebral sport. Let's have some intelligence and fun about this.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286229406' post='926754']
Actually they are not two opposite teams. The current Reds team reminds me very much of the 2007 Phillies. Alot of hitting and so-so pitching. A few more pieces and they'll be right there.

[b]I could pump my chest all day and laugh my ass off at your "Fuck Philly" thread. I'll take the higher road. LeTigre hit the nail on the head... VERY Metfanlike. You DON'T want to put yourself in that class. Trust me... they are the little tart bus fans of the NL.
[/b]
It would be nice to have some objective conversation about the series. This is not the Steelers or Ratbirds. It's baseball. A cerebral sport. Let's have some intelligence and fun about this.
[/quote]

Cause I used a curse word it means we arent being civil and having intelligent conversations?

Its metfanlike to use the F word?

Wow...grow up...Ill say Fuck philly, just as Ill say Fuck the next team we play and fuck the team we play after that. And fuck the bucs this week and every team the bengals play.

I dont get why its a big deal I said Fuck Philly?

PS go to a phillies board, all they are talking about is how easy the phils are gonna sweep and how bad the reds are, so get off your high horse for a second and realize you guys are no better then any other teams fans.

Except you spit on people, run on the field, get tased, all that fun stuff.

Oh and I'm fine with the F word....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.. see

That's not what I meant at all. I meant that we don't have to bump chests in here. We have a common team in the Bengals and I'm here because I wanted to see it from your viewpoint of the game. I don't want to go to a Reds board and be "the enemy". Just like I'm sure you don't want to be on a Phillies board.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286232059' post='926767']
Oh and I'm fine with the F word....

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.. see

That's not what I meant at all. I meant that we don't have to bump chests in here. We have a common team in the Bengals and I'm here because I wanted to see it from your viewpoint of the game. I don't want to go to a Reds board and be "the enemy". Just like I'm sure you don't want to be on a Phillies board.
[/quote]

I just dont see whats wrong with a little shit talking...its fun. Is there a good chance after its all said and done you can come back and be like well see we beat you guys and it wasnt close...or whatever.

Fine and Ill take it.

Whats wrong with a little bashing here and there.

And I never said anything bad about you, Im just saying for the next week I hate your team. Dont really think theres anything wrong with that.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286233010' post='926775']
There's not.. I get ya now. I actually will pull for the Reds if they beat the Phils because most Reds fans are Bengal fans.. it's all good ;o).

But [b]FUCK THE BRAVES.[/b]

Right in their country asses. :machinegunyellow:
[/quote]

Normally I would agree with you. I hate the Braves more than any other NL team.

But I'd much rather host Atlanta in the NLCS than go to San Francisco.

Fuck the Giants!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCbD83ndvk&feature=player_embedded[/media]

When you're a security guard at a Phillies game, [url="http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20100730_Pukemon_gets_jail_time.html"][b]you're dealing with people puking on fellow fans at games[/b][/url]. That means a minor fracas like this one is barely requires more effort than a smoke break.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rfmes5S-ZY&feature=player_embedded[/media]

These are the type of fans I hate...these scholarly, intellectual types. They go to the game, keep score, bust you over the head with sabermetics, constantly citing Bill James, obsessing over which contemporary players best match up with their counterparts from the 30s and 40s, always harkening back to the Golden Age. Snobs like this should find something else to do.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgFM9E0Pa4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Phillies fans are a reasonable bunch, but sometimes they are just so passionate about their team that disagreements ensue, like this one. These Phillie fans and Yankees fans calmly talked about some of the key moves Charlie Manuel and Joe Girardi had to make suring last year's World Series.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWYl4gKif1M&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I'm not sure if [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2O9TOiU090"][b]this particular person[/b][/url] is a Philly fan or a Phillies team employee.

Gotta be honest, I'm not sure if these Philadelphians are celebrating a win by the home team or the release of the newest Boyz II Men album.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8paEERBNmk&feature=player_embedded[/media]

And of course, who could forget this kid?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqtPUhYdz6M&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqtPUhYdz6M&feature=player_embedded[/media]

I wish whoever took this video recorded this young man's first nine attempts to spell "Phillies." I like how he had to check and make sure he got it right at the end.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOhT0_6_Tw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

If you happen to be headed to Philly for any of the NLDS games, you won't need a ton of cash. Phillie fans are always willing to offer you a drink

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCe70d5SNE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Have you even ever been to Philly? You are friggin clueless.You are using incidents that happen AT all sporting events across the country and twisting it just like the media does. You must close your eyes at Bengals games too. I guess you missed the post last year when a Bengals fan at PBS was puked on in the stands from our very own board! You're reaching... real hard too.

This is the exact same drivel that we laugh at Browns and Steelers fans for. The Kentucky jokes and redneck ones. Is that all of Cincinnati... NOPE. Get a clue dude.

[quote name='cincybengalz' timestamp='1286539972' post='927972']
Have you even ever been to Philly? You are friggin clueless.You are using incidents that happen AT all sporting events across the country and twisting it just like the media does. You must close your eyes at Bengals games too. I guess you missed the post last year when a Bengals fan at PBS was puked on in the stands from our very own board! You're reaching... real hard too.

This is the exact same drivel that we laugh at Browns and Steelers fans for. The Kentucky jokes and redneck ones. Is that all of Cincinnati... NOPE. Get a clue dude.
[/quote]

I just posted what was on Mo Egger's blog.

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/mo.html?an=RANDY-LERCH"]http://www.1530homer...?an=RANDY-LERCH[/url]

And are you seriously trying to say that Phillies fans just get a bad rap?
Are all that way, of course not. Do they have more than their fair share.
Of course they do.

Archived