Is this what flying has come down to?

Go Skins

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1290020573' post='942354']
How does this happen again without someone starting to cry fowl and sharing it on the internet or other forms of media?

You also didn't address his point that the airlines are not mandating this, TSA is. If American Airlines had this security check and Continental didn't A. your argument would make sense and B. It would only last a few months as everyone would opt out for continental.
[/quote]

Okay, allow the government overseeing private property/business analogy to take another step: Section 8 housing.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1290051997' post='942459']
And I missed this part the first time around.

That statement is complete and utter nonsense. That’s police state thinking, and unless we’ve become Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia, it has no place in these United States.

OK, let the hysterical cries for “safety” and the ad hominem attacks begin...
[/quote]

No, it is capitalism. If you do not like the service as offered, DO NOT USE IT. That simple.

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1290101609' post='942575']
No, it is capitalism. If you do not like the service as offered, DO NOT USE IT. That simple.
[/quote]

You're ridiculous. You NEVER give up your rights to the government for safety, THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB IS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS! You know that's the point of the Constitution right?

Ron Paul knocks it out of the park as usual.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-N5adYM7Kw#![/media]

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1290101609' post='942575']
[/quote]

That has to qualify as one of the laziest responses I've ever seen on this board.

I expected more from you...

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1290141600' post='942685']
You're ridiculous. You NEVER give up your rights to the government for safety, THE GOVERNMENT'S JOB IS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS! You know that's the point of the Constitution right?

Ron Paul knocks it out of the park as usual.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-N5adYM7Kw#![/media]
[/quote]

This is not a rights issue. It is a privilege issue.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1290144173' post='942690']
That has to qualify as one of the laziest responses I've ever seen on this board.

I expected more from you...
[/quote]
They is really nothing more to say. I don't like the methods they are using, so I am choosing Greyhound. See? I made my vote with my hard-earned cash, and I am not trying to make myself into an internet celebrity while doing so.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1290104975' post='942589']
You'll have to expand.
[/quote]

Easy enough. The government, as I understand it, 'subsidizes' renters to allow low income individuals and families to live in apartments/homes they otherwise could not afford. Now, if the renter sees the statistics that show Section 8 tend to be areas of high crime and decides to make his/her Section 8 housing safer, they decide to institute the recommendations that I made up in that prior post that you are referring to. So, are they out of line? I, for one, do not think so. They are simply trying to protect themselves, their property, other tenants, and their livelihoods.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1290463499' post='943959']
Why do you hate freedom?
[/quote]

Freedom makes my sphincter itch.

I'll probably be able to have a TSA thug scratch it for me in the future after someone stuffs explosives up their ass and gets on a plane...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1290463701' post='943962']
Freedom makes my sphincter itch.

I'll probably be able to have a TSA thug scratch it for me in the future after someone stuffs explosives up their ass and gets on a plane...
[/quote]

I'm tired of these motherfucking terrorists on these motherfucking planes!!

This is what they could be using instead of forcing people to be irradiated with unproven and untested systems:

[url="http://www.smithsdetection.com/Sentinel.php"]NON-CONTACT, WALK-THROUGH PORTAL FOR EXPLOSIVES OR NARCOTICS DETECTION[/url]

Guess this company didn't have one of their lobbyists in charge of Homeland Security...

Archived